AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot - Your Automated 24/7 Model Assistant

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to see CharlesBot in action, so I went to Mags's room today. She was offline, but (like always) her members were hanging out and they had a current keno game going. They showed me how to type !remaining to see what numbers were left. The lowest was 24, so I tipped it. I learned two things:
A) it doesn't show the tip in the room if Mags isn't logged in, and
B) it didn't take 24 away from the game.

So apparently she has to be logged in with her model account (not broadcasting, just logged in) for the game to work. Just sharing this knowledge in case it helps anyone else.
Not only logged in but also in your room (don't have to be broadcasting)! Hence why I'm usually chilling in there. It was one of those rare days when I'm out of town and only have my laptop, other than that I just leave my computer on and myself sitting in the room 24/7.

Another thing to note is that if MFC does an "update" or Charles gets pulled from your room for any reason (update, accidental defriending, etc) your current game finishes. This is totally fucked because people tend to tip the lowest numbers FIRST and because of all the MFC updates recently I haven't finished a game in a month. Also the intervals for the ads sometimes doesn't work, so Charles is in my room posting fast (like when I'm broadcasting, I like the ads to go a little faster) and I can't turn it off. Happens a LOT. Also, you can't have links in your ads. So no setting up ads for your website, twitter, ect. for people to click on directly (and we all know people are lazy and like having a link and won't go through the trouble of looking you up).

For these reasons I'm probably not going to renew my subscription to CharlesBot if this keeps happening. For $10 a month and all this wonkiness and hoops to go through to make it work... I'll just set up a macros for my ads and scratch the game (which actually has lost me money recently).

Also, you can't have links in your ads. So no setting up ads for your website, twitter, ect. for people to click on directly (and we all know people are lazy and like having a link and won't go through the trouble of looking you up).
I wonder what the reason for this is. Makes it sort of useless, IMO.

The Programmer, has not commented on this thread since Oct 27th (correct me if I'm wrong) There seems to have been a lot of good posts with feedback, questions and concerns. The guy initially said he put 100's of hours in to developing the app, just surprised he hasn't followed up here. It would be a real negative for me if I was considering the app, especially since some of the negatives could be addressed very easily. My 2 cents that no one asked for:think:

Last edited:

I believe it's because of spam prevention

If you post too many links your account gets blocked, so if he is 100 rooms posting a link every minute

^ I might be wrong on that

Might be something he was told not to do privately, but I know it's not implemented for one of those reasons.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
The Programmer, has not commented on this thread since Oct 27th (correct me if I'm wrong) There seems to have been a lot of good post with feedback, questions and concerns. The guy initially said he put 100's of hours in to developing the app, just surprised he hasn't followed up here.
It always makes me sad when people get ACF involved in the early days of their service/app/site and make a good impression (or even more seriously, get their start at ACF with the help of our feedback, platform, and such) then forget about us once they become successful.

I think the bot is pretty popular as I see it in a lot of rooms, so I assume he's doing well now. Doesn't need us anymore. ;)

I believe it's because of spam prevention

If you post too many links your account gets blocked, so if he is 100 rooms posting a link every minute

^ I might be wrong on that

Might be something he was told not to do privately, but I know it's not implemented for one of those reasons.
You're probably right. I was actually thinking maybe MFC asked him not to allow it, because it does seem like an easy way to get a bunch of spam links out there in a quick manner. But also right, it would hit some sort of filter anyway. Hmm!

It always makes me sad when people get ACF involved in the early days of their service/app/site and make a good impression (or even more seriously, get their start at ACF with the help of our feedback, platform, and such) then forget about us once they become successful.

I think the bot is pretty popular as I see it in a lot of rooms, so I assume he's doing well now. Doesn't need us anymore. ;)

I know him quite well, we're regulars in the same room, I talked to him quite a bit when he was developing Charles

I actually said he should let me be the voice of Charles :p he could put something on his website of me talking advertising but he didn't take me up on it psh lol

I haven't seen him online lately, used to be on daily but seems to be about much less frequently now, if I do see him I will say he should check in here.

I think that the reason for no links is that MFC has spam-bot that will auto-ban accounts that post more then 5 links in a short period of time. Because Charlesbot is in so many rooms it's possible that it could manage to top that limit and would be banned. So it's coded to not allow it.

• Helpful!
Another thing to note is that if MFC does an "update" or Charles gets pulled from your room for any reason (update, accidental defriending, etc) your current game finishes. This is totally fucked because people tend to tip the lowest numbers FIRST and because of all the MFC updates recently I haven't finished a game in a month. Also the intervals for the ads sometimes doesn't work, so Charles is in my room posting fast (like when I'm broadcasting, I like the ads to go a little faster) and I can't turn it off. Happens a LOT. Also, you can't have links in your ads. So no setting up ads for your website, twitter, ect. for people to click on directly (and we all know people are lazy and like having a link and won't go through the trouble of looking you up).

For these reasons I'm probably not going to renew my subscription to CharlesBot if this keeps happening. For $10 a month and all this wonkiness and hoops to go through to make it work... I'll just set up a macros for my ads and scratch the game (which actually has lost me money recently).

Hey! I appreciate all your comments and criticism immensely.

First off, if there are any bugs or issues with the interval system, I'd really appreciate a report sent to me via @CharlesBotMFC on Twitter or the contact form on the CharlesBot website. No way for me to fix an issue I don't know is happening :).

In addition, last week I announced via Twitter that links are now possible to be included in custom commands/ads. There was some rate limit testing I had to do to prevent CharlesBot from being banned first. Hope you find good use from it!

If you are still planning to cancel your subscription, we're sad to see you go. Some really neat features being wrapped up to be released for March. Hopefully you choose to return in the future!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Magnolia
Also, I'd like to apologize for the lack of response to this thread. I rarely check it as it only gets a few responses every few months. As it seems to be an issue that I haven't responded, I'd appreciate it if this thread was just closed. Thanks :)

A suggestion that may help you keep track of responses to this - Why not just put it on your watch list. I do that with camgirltoolkit threads and it sends me an email notification when there's a response that needs my attention.

Also, I'd like to apologize for the lack of response to this thread. I rarely check it as it only gets a few responses every few months. As it seems to be an issue that I haven't responded, I'd appreciate it if this thread was just closed. Thanks :)

I appreciate that you apologized for not responding here. However, I sincerely hope that you take from this interaction the knowledge that good/prompt PR is the foundation to a continuing and thriving business venture. Multiple girls (myself included) have noticed that you won't respond to simple queries regardless of whether they're written on/to your Twitter or your 'contact us' form. This is a huge red-flag. Because if you won't even respond to simple questions before we become clients, how well will your support be if we need to contact you after we've become subscribers?

I'm not writing this to degrade you in any way. I'm just trying to enlighten you that it literally takes 30 seconds to formulate a response to most questions, and that 30-second response could make them a customer for life. Not to mention that we (camgirls) talk amongst ourselves incessantly. So answering questions, keeping a respectful tone, and treating every person like their time matters can turn that ONE person's patronage into 20 more subscribers due to word-of-mouth. And so on. Just something to keep in mind for every industry professional reading this.

He could be busy, you know, in development of new aps and..

Hmm... OK, never mind.

Planning to leave this thread open in case OP feels we're worthy of updates on his program in the future, and also because this is the main thread for the rest of us to discuss CharlesBot.

Is there any way that all of the commands could be posted somewhere? I know there's a "commands" page on the webpage, but since then TheProgrammer has added some awesome updates like second countdowns and tip polls.

Reactions: Marissa Frost
I was told in February a new site with all the info and new commands is coming up. Still waiting for it to see what the app can do before I purchase. It doesn't look like they want new customers. *shrug*

Reactions: TacoBelle
I was told in February a new site with all the info and new commands is coming up. Still waiting for it to see what the app can do before I purchase. It doesn't look like they want new customers. *shrug*

I've sent in questions to the webmaster like 4 times (both publicly on Twitter and through their "contact us" form). No response. Not even a polite "I'll get back to you" or "Go fuck yourself." Nothing. This guy is obviously making bank on the models who have already been using it, so he's not that worried about public relations. However, Charlesbot is actually a really good idea (despite my annoyance at the creator's professionalism), and he could go from "Oh, I heard of that once. Is that the thing that [model name] uses?!" to "Oh, Charlesbot, of course I've heard of it. Almost every model uses it."

These 'companies' need to realize that word-of-mouth accounts for over 75% of new customers. So to MAKE MORE MONEY, you have to A) keep your current customers happy, and B) take 2 seconds to make new customers feel good about your product. Oh well. Guess some people just like throttling themselves (pun not intended).

What I've found so far is:

!startpoll ~ starts poll
!endpoll ~ ends the poll
!startwar ~ starts tip war (even vs odd)
!endwar ~ ends the tip war
!addcom ~ add a command
!delcom ~ delete a command
!help ~ shows all current commands
!startgame ~ starts keno game
!remaining ~ shows remaining numbers from keno games
!end game ~ ends keno game
!startcount ~ starts 2nd countdown
!uptime ~ shows how long since you started broadcasting
!topic ~ saves your topic if MFC crashes
!startraffle ~ does a raffle
!raffle winner ~ chooses the raffle winner
!endraffle ~ ends the raffle

I really like CharlesBot just for the !addcom ~ it helps me post things like raffles, tip menu, other banners like for my snapchat ~ and even the keno game, you can choose how many winners there can be. it pretty much pays for itself.

Last edited:
Hmm, if I keep on doing well on cam I may definitely invest in CharlesBot...

TheProgrammer just posted an entire list of the commands - not including !startcount but it's still great. charlesbot.com/commands

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 5.36.06 PM.png

I've got a suggestion/request for you ladies who use Charlesbot... instead of "BUY MY VIDEOS" which makes it look like CHARLES is selling his own videos, maybe be creative with the text here so it looks like an advertisement for YOU? Example: "Buy AmberCutie's Vids! See blahblah.com for details!"

Because some users are silly (well, can you blame them in cases like this?), and block Charlesbot thinking he's a member or other model spamming your room.

You could even make a command that day's "hi! I'm CharlesBot, *models name*'s automated room helper! I'm here to help make her life easier! Stay tuned for more awesome posts by me! "

YAAAAAASSSSS GAWD!!!! I noticed that a model that has this and came here to find out where she got it! Thanks again. I am gaining a following and my roomhelpers are not not always available. It gets hard to try to post things, interact with members and discuss private shows in PMs. This would make my life a lot easier!

I want to know why you came into my room sending me tips with inappropriate tip notes? Why you came into my room acting unprofessional and how can you pm me? I have pm blocked. What was the purpose of this behavior

After over two months of very long nights, hundreds of revisions, and thousands of hours of testing by a small group of amazing models, I am pleased to welcome the public to begin trying CharlesBot.

Throughout my time on MFC I've noticed a lack of tools available to help make cam models’ jobs easier. Models have to constantly remember to post promotional messages about videos and photo sets, work hard to run tip games and deals, while also keeping track of a ton of token math. CharlesBot is an automated chat robot built for the sole purpose of helping MFC cam models better manage their chat rooms, allowing them to focus on putting on the best show for their members.

The current features include:
  • Token keno tipping game
  • Automatic promotional message posting
  • Custom command/message storage
  • Privately convert token amounts into your currency
With the below features planned to be included in the next month or two and much more planned even later:
  • Secondary countdowns
  • Automated raffle system
  • Automatic video link sending
  • Song request system

The beta program is currently planned to run until October 19th and is currently limited to the first 50 models that join. On this date CharlesBot will automatically leave all rooms and you will need to purchase a license for him to rejoin your room. More information about this process and cost will be sent to you via a PM from CharlesBot and posted here later in the week.

To begin joining the beta program, start by typing /friend CharlesBot inside your public MFC chatroom. This is to ensure communication from CharlesBot is uninterrupted. After you have done that, open a PM with CharlesBot and send him the command "!joinroom 7e3045683563ef6c9fa7df50344e0d74" without quotes. CharlesBot should respond with “Room joined successfully.” if all went well.

You can find a full list of commands available to you once you have Charles running in your room by going to the commands page.

Keep in mind that CharlesBot is still very new, and many bugs could pop up throughout the beta program. If you encounter any bugs, please contact us as soon as you can and include as many details about the incident as possible. If you have any other questions or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get to your message as soon as possible. I hope Charles makes your job as a cam model easier.

Thank you for testing,
-TheProgrammer

http://charlesbot.com

what the heck is charlesbot doing in my room tipping me with crazy dirty talk tip notes ??
Requested a video and then pm me ? how can he pm me I have pm blocked?only friends can pm me. Then comes back in my room another day and says in my open chat room that I never sent him the video..but I did and he even read the mail. what the ***? what I psyco!. I watch other fellow models from time to time at work and I have seen this member in several models rooms..promoting. So why did he go in mine and pull that weird crap? I dont get it if hes there to help models why come in my room and be extremely unprofessional and try to make me look bad. Does not make any sense. Anyone smell fish?

@MelodyMaze

Wait, are you talking about "CharlesBot" or are you talking about "TheProgrammer"

Charlesbot is an automated account that models use. He is not a real person. They pay a fee to have access and when you'll see it 'promoting' what is happening is that the model is using a pre-set command to make the automated account say whatever she wants it to say in her room.

I suspect that the user in your room may have been another account with a similar spelling? Maybe "Charles_Bot" or something? It would be cool if you went back through your tip logs to check.

If you're talking about TheProgrammer that's the person who created charlesbot. If he was behaving badly that's a whole nother can of worms.

what the heck is charlesbot doing in my room tipping me with crazy dirty talk tip notes ??
Requested a video and then pm me ? how can he pm me I have pm blocked?only friends can pm me. Then comes back in my room another day and says in my open chat room that I never sent him the video..but I did and he even read the mail. what the ***? what I psyco!. I watch other fellow models from time to time at work and I have seen this member in several models rooms..promoting. So why did he go in mine and pull that weird crap? I dont get it if hes there to help models why come in my room and be extremely unprofessional and try to make me look bad. Does not make any sense. Anyone smell fish?

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this PM? Because I don't think it's the same Charlesbot. Most likely it's a member who changed his name to something that looks very close, like CharIesbot.

Charlesbot - with a lowercase L
CharIesbot - with an uppercase i.
They look the same, don't they?

Maybe copy the name from your archives and paste it into a text editor, then change the font to see what it looks like.

EDIT: yeah, what @Miss_Lollipop done said up there now that I read her post.

Reactions: JubalCobb
@MelodyMaze

Wait, are you talking about "CharlesBot" or are you talking about "TheProgrammer"

Charlesbot is an automated account that models use. He is not a real person. They pay a fee to have access and when you'll see it 'promoting' what is happening is that the model is using a pre-set command to make the automated account say whatever she wants it to say in her room.

I suspect that the user in your room may have been another account with a similar spelling? Maybe "Charles_Bot" or something? It would be cool if you went back through your tip logs to check.

If you're talking about TheProgrammer that's the person who created charlesbot. If he was behaving badly that's a whole nother can of worms.

oooohhhh I see ha. ok well this must have been another user with the same name looks like upper case L.thanks for clearing that up. So basically I just had a weirdo in my room. I guess I should be used to it. Do you or anyone know how to get this charlesbot activated in my room? how do you pay to get it? sounds like a really helpful tool...

Status
Not open for further replies.