AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot - Your Automated 24/7 Model Assistant

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oooohhhh I see ha. ok well this must have been another user with the same name looks like upper case L.thanks for clearing that up. So basically I just had a weirdo in my room. I guess I should be used to it. Do you or anyone know how to get this charlesbot activated in my room? how do you pay to get it? sounds like a really helpful tool...
https://charlesbot.com/

Is there a way to fix raffle ticket tips, like add a ticket for someone? I had someone tip ninja and Charles can't add the ticket. *panics*

Is there a way to fix raffle ticket tips, like add a ticket for someone? I had someone tip ninja and Charles can't add the ticket. *panics*

I've also seen where a model had raffle tickets for, say 20 tokens each. Someone tips 100 thinking they'll get 5. She wouldn't/couldn't enter him because it had to be 20 at a time; how charles was set up. Yet that little fact is probably far too long to explain in topics, and someone not familiar with charlesbot (many people) wouldn't understand that severe limitation. Witnessed a couple people get rather upset about it already.

I myself didn't know that until the first time I saw someone else get denied.

This may have already been discussed somewhere, but does charlesbot have any auto-ban features that a model can set?

Also; are there any features which help assess a member, flag them, for special attention. Either positive or negative?

Charlesbot is a good program, and rarely intrudes at inappropriate moments. A good example of where programs are taking over some management roles.

I've been contemplating getting charlesbot but as a less than one mo old model does anyone think it's worth it for someone as new as I am to get it? I guess my real question is what's the turn around here. If I'm averaging 15 people in my room does it matter if i use charlesbot or not?

CharlesBot: I use him and I like him, but I sometimes question how helpful he is. I think most people just tune him out when he says stuff, and it's been difficult to play games with him. Like, for the voting/poll games, people have to vote the specific amount on the menu and can't add them together and tip, which was confusing for some of my guys who are used to being able to buy votes in bulk from other games. I just think there needs to be better communication for what he's capable of doing and such.

I think there's potential for CharlesBot that I haven't tapped into yet, and I'm currently reworking his role in my room to hopefully utilize him a bit better. I think he would be a lot more useful if you could add his scripts to an existing account so you could have your own custom bots, since some people are just fatigued from seeing him in so many rooms, and also if you could post information from him on your feed. I can understand why TheProgrammer doesn't want to release any backend stuff about CharlesBot because people would clone him, but I would absolutely pay for a downloadable script for my own custom bot.

It seem like a useful tool to use although reading this whole pages make me hesitanted because of how the programmer responded to things.

I know many top cam models who use the bot but what about the new members with few followers?
Does it spam the room too much? Or can it be timed? Is it interactive or are new members better off copy and pasting?

CharlesBot: I use him and I like him, but I sometimes question how helpful he is. I think most people just tune him out when he says stuff, and it's been difficult to play games with him. Like, for the voting/poll games, people have to vote the specific amount on the menu and can't add them together and tip, which was confusing for some of my guys who are used to being able to buy votes in bulk from other games. I just think there needs to be better communication for what he's capable of doing and such.

I think there's potential for CharlesBot that I haven't tapped into yet, and I'm currently reworking his role in my room to hopefully utilize him a bit better. I think he would be a lot more useful if you could add his scripts to an existing account so you could have your own custom bots, since some people are just fatigued from seeing him in so many rooms, and also if you could post information from him on your feed. I can understand why TheProgrammer doesn't want to release any backend stuff about CharlesBot because people would clone him, but I would absolutely pay for a downloadable script for my own custom bot.

I'm working on a custom bot! Open source, something models could run their own copy of under a custom account, if desired. Fully modifiable where you could add custom actions and behaviors for anything!

I got a prototype whipped up and running in MissMoxxi and AnimeAnnie's rooms for a few minutes yesterday. Let me know if you're interested and I'll ping you the code!

I'm working on a custom bot! Open source, something models could run their own copy of under a custom account, if desired. Fully modifiable where you could add custom actions and behaviors for anything!

I got a prototype whipped up and running in MissMoxxi and AnimeAnnie's rooms for a few minutes yesterday. Let me know if you're interested and I'll ping you the code!
That would be rad! I'd love to integrate him with some codes I'm working on! ^^

I'm super excited about this!

It seem like a useful tool to use although reading this whole pages make me hesitanted because of how the programmer responded to things.

I know many top cam models who use the bot but what about the new members with few followers?
Does it spam the room too much? Or can it be timed? Is it interactive or are new members better off copy and pasting?

Yes you can use a code to set how often Charlesbot posts things in your room. I am a new model (only been camming since May) and I use him in my room. I find that I do not have to post the same answers to the same questions over and over again. Mine is set to post something every 5 minutes, but I could probably space it out more than that even.

One trick is to use direct links to images (i.e. banners) instead of using text that stand out more than text.

• Helpful!
Reactions: deblackivory
Yes you can use a code to set how often Charlesbot posts things in your room. I am a new model (only been camming since May) and I use him in my room. I find that I do not have to post the same answers to the same questions over and over again. Mine is set to post something every 5 minutes, but I could probably space it out more than that even.

One trick is to use direct links to images (i.e. banners) instead of using text that stand out more than text.
Also, making banners that are readable in the chatroom without having to click. I can have a graphic that has all the info on it but if you need to click to read it, nobody will bother and I have to explain it over and over again verbally.

I just recently switched to chat bubble graphics with a dancing robot to make it seem like a robot is talking. No idea if it will help but I like his makeover, and I think it stands out and is less obnoxious than banners.

Also, making banners that are readable in the chatroom without having to click. I can have a graphic that has all the info on it but if you need to click to read it, nobody will bother and I have to explain it over and over again verbally.

I just recently switched to chat bubble graphics with a dancing robot to make it seem like a robot is talking. No idea if it will help but I like his makeover, and I think it stands out and is less obnoxious than banners.

I was thinking of what might be a better solution to a lot of banners, and it could be feasible to detect when someone asks a question about a thing, and send a personalized response. Less time explaining things, more immediate feedback for the users. Haven't tried to prototype it yet, but it seems like a possible feature.

Example Chat:

Foo_Bar: hey do you have snapchat?
Room_Bot: Yes she does, Foo_Bar! X tokens :snapimg
Foo_Bar: sweet, what about vids?
Room_Bot: Check profile for video pricing! (profile link)

I've been using it since just after it came out , I had an issue with my cc being stolen
and I just went to change it yesterday I forgot it was on that cc

it auto changed my rate to 14.99 I msged him and explained everything all he replies is

we don't offer 9.99 anymore

to me thats shitty considering just yesterday I was on 9.99....and I've been your customer for a long friggen time now

I'm salty hopefully someone comes out with something awesome.

like How do I even reply to his DM without sounding like cunt

hahah

Mk, I think this is a sorta useful node.js chatbot prototype: https://gist.github.com/CaptainMalMFC/eb062b3e4cd7f09a8386dec6fe3d7839

It has periodic posts with a configurable interval, you can use a custom username for the bot, and it knows how to make random numbers and do maths.

Please let me know if you use it and any suggestions you have! I'm working on improving how customization is done and making it easier to run

Thinking about getting this little Dude for my room.

Can I change his name and colour for my room? I noticed LexiVixi has one and it's called 'LexisBot'. Is that Charles with a different name or has someone programmed that for her?

Thank you! xx

Thinking about getting this little Dude for my room.

Can I change his name and colour for my room? I noticed LexiVixi has one and it's called 'LexisBot'. Is that Charles with a different name or has someone programmed that for her?

Thank you! xx
CharlesBot is just one member account that's in all these rooms so it's the same in all the rooms.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Poppy01
What I've found so far is:

!startpoll ~ starts poll
!endpoll ~ ends the poll
!startwar ~ starts tip war (even vs odd)
!endwar ~ ends the tip war
!addcom ~ add a command
!delcom ~ delete a command
!help ~ shows all current commands
!startgame ~ starts keno game
!remaining ~ shows remaining numbers from keno games
!end game ~ ends keno game
!startcount ~ starts 2nd countdown
!uptime ~ shows how long since you started broadcasting
!topic ~ saves your topic if MFC crashes
!startraffle ~ does a raffle
!raffle winner ~ chooses the raffle winner
!endraffle ~ ends the raffle

I really like CharlesBot just for the !addcom ~ it helps me post things like raffles, tip menu, other banners like for my snapchat ~ and even the keno game, you can choose how many winners there can be. it pretty much pays for itself.
I just got it today. Do you or does anyone know if you can have multiple prizes in the Keno game or is it just one prize for all winners? Also if you can have multiple prizes how do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.