AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilah_Marquise

Cam Model
Nov 6, 2018
Transylvania
www.streamate.com
Twitter Username
@marquiselilah
Streamate Username
LilahMarquise
Chaturbate Username
LilahMarquise
So I've just started camming on Chaturbate and am struggling. I've done 4 shows, made a grand total of 69 (lol) tokens, and can only get around 10 guys on at a time, most of them either grey or unregistered. I don't expect to make much money or get thousands of followers right from the start, but I thought I'd see a bit more interest. From what I've gathered looking at other newbie posts, this is a pretty rough start. There are a few things I think might be the problem, but I would really appreciate some outside opinions. From models and viewers. If anyone's willing to take a look, here's my chaturbate and social media.

https://chaturbate.com/p/lilahmarquise/?tab=bio

https://mobile.twitter.com/marquiselilah

https://www.instagram.com/lilahmarquise/

I think these are some of my issues:

1. I wore a mask.
I know, I know. Despite all the advice not to. I don't actually care that much about the anonymity, but I love them combined with fetish gear and corsets. I was kinda hoping if I made it part of my look people might be more into it. But I've realized that a) Probably not enough people are, at least for a newbie in need of followers, and b) I don't have enough fetish gear yet to make the aesthetic work for multiple outfits. Anyways I'm ditching the mask next show. Maybe it's something I can add in every now and then if I get better established.

2. Inconsistent times.
My work shifts have been irregular lately which really affected it. But I now have a long stretch with very few shifts, and I've resolved to get a proper daily schedule going.

3. My prices are too high?
Okay I really have no idea if this is the case. No one seemed willing to tip, but I don't want to undersell myself either. I had a hard time figuring out my tip menu, because there seems to be so much variation between broadcasters, even ones at about the same level.

4. I don't talk enough?
I was relying a lot on my personality to engage people, but haven't been able to get much conversation going. I try to say hi to people joining in, and encourage chatting, but it's mostly crickets in response. I'm just not sure what to do when the room is that quiet. Do I ask them questions? Am I turning people off when I say hi? (I do dance around a bit and stuff, try to keep things interesting) Also, I see a lot of models list in their rules to keep dirty talk to PMs or tip notes. Not sure if I should do this or not as a beginner.

I was feeling really disheartened, and took some time off to sort of collect myself emotionally. I'm starting fresh tomorrow morning, and hoping that these changes with make a difference.

First thing I noticed is that you have my gender/region locked. I'm a Canadian male so I'd check to see if you have countries blocked. That could explain the numbers.

As for point 1 I would be careful with masks. Chaturbate needs to verify your identity from time to time and you may get banned if they can't see your face. 2) More consistent times will help but unless you have regulars coming back it won't be as important. It just takes time to get an audience. 3) See what other camgirls have for a menu and try something similar. Don't lower your prices because a couple of guys say they're too high. You're worth what you think you're worth don't let grays and lowballers change your mind. And lastly learn to keep yourself entertained. It's probably the hardest part of camming. Listen to some tunes, teach yourself to dance, do some mediocre amateur karaoke. Try to avoid looking at your phone the whole time. Nothing is worse than a camgirl who looks bored, at least in my opinion.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilah_Marquise
I purposely blocked Ontario, but I just double checked, doesn't look like I accidentally blocked anything else. I did my 1st maskless show today, and it definitely helped, but not as much as I'd hoped. I had about 20ish viewers at a time. A handful of 1tk tips, maybe 2 or 3 15tks. I was also extra active today, dancing around, lots of little flashes, more talking. I'm still trying to figure out the line between showing too much and too little.

I could not see your broadcast. So this is just from the very outside perspective.
You have 78 followers after five broadcasts now. That is not a big number, sorry. I see after the first two broadcasts you took some days break, meaning very likely you missed at least some days of the "new model" promotion phase. Also your total hours of broadcast is around eight hours now. Not enough at all to be successful on chaturbate. It's a marathon on cb and getting traction as a new performer is not easy these days. More and uninterrupted broadcast hours are NEVER wrong on chaturbate.
I couldn't check your prices but the first priority right now should be getting people into your room and for that you need to broadcast more. Keep people in the room by chatting and engaging them (yes, even talking to yourself). Tip goals can also bring people.
There is no guarantee for any of this to work. I fear you will have many, many frustrating days before you until THAT day comes when it works. Or that day never comes but if you broadcast more at least you did what you could.
I have heard there could be a bigger audience for your appearance on streamate. So maybe check that out if cb gets too frustrating.

• Helpful!
What is chaturbate's new model promotion phase? I only know about MFC. There were some technical issues when I first tried to get verified, and I spent a bunch of time verified without knowing it. Once I started broadcasting I never actually saw anything suggesting I was being promoted.

Also I hadn't heard much about streammate when doing research. What's the main differences between it and chaturbate? All the info I found said chaturbate was the place to start for newbies, but it seems like it may have grown a lot since those posts were written. Wish I had found the forum earlier, lol.

You get the new girl status for a week on CB so it’ll be slow if you missed it but I don’t think impossible to build up.

SM is a private site, this means nothing sexual happens in guest chat/public. All things sexual happen behind a paywall. You can recurved tips in the form of GOLD, but can only be topless in guest chat. Privates are where you make money by the minute. Premium privates more than one guest can join you and exclusive only one can join you. Most people price exclusives higher than premium. In all privates you get paid by the minute.

Cb is a public site where you get paid .05 for coins.

I suggest reading up in SM if you are interested in a private site. They have many things like gold shoes, monthly subscriptions, weeklypay, and a 30 day long new girl status (though it doesn’t matter as much).

I think CB is the way to go for new people who want to do ok licnsitea because there is no camscore tk be a first of. However public style doesn’t fit all so I would also say SM is the way to go for new people who want to work a private site.

What is chaturbate's new model promotion phase? I only know about MFC.

You get a "new model" tag for seven days after your account was verified. So this starts the second you get the mail that your id was approved. I have the feeling you missed that period. Opinions vary about the importance of it on cb. In my opinion the "new model" tag helps a lot, is no guarantee though. You could try to make a new account on cb, "sometimes" even a second account gets the "new" tag but it seems to vary.

"New" tag or not, your broadcasting hours are not enough to gain traction on cb. Shifts should be minimum four, rather more hours, uninterrupted broadcast. If there are reasons you cannot do this, I'm not sure you'll find your luck on cb. Chaturbate is not the site to turn cam on for an hour, make tokens and log off. That's more mfc or streamate. Chaturbate heavily favours long broadcasts, mfc kinda does the opposite with the camscore.

• Helpful!
Well crap. Yeah to my knowledge I never got a new model tag. The plan is to increase my hours, for sure, and I can keep that up for a little while. But 4 hours everyday minimum? I'm not going to be able to do that once my shifts pick up again, unless I'm making actual money from it and can cut back hours at my other jobs. :/ Like even 20$ here and there would make it feel more worth my time, instead of you know, literally pennies. I'm going to stick with Chaturbate for now, but if I don't see much progress by the end of a month I might have to try somewhere else. I had just heard places like MFC were next to impossible for newbies, so it made me wary.

I think CB is the way to go for new people who want to do ok licnsitea because there is no camscore tk be a first of. However public style doesn’t fit all so I would also say SM is the way to go for new people who want to work a private site.

Honestly I feel like the private sites would be more my style anyways. Maybe I should try it. Do you think it's too much to take on to try both that and Chaturbate for the next month?

Taking a quick look at streamate, I can already see way more fetishy stuff, and a lot more age variation, which is nice. I only just turned 25, but I practically felt like an old lady with all the 18-19 yr olds XD. My one concern with streamate is I'm seeing a bunch of complaints from models about streaming glitchiness and their payouts being on the low side. Apparently they also give customer refunds, which can put you in the red? That seems like it could easily be abused by scammers. Do you have any personal experience with Streamate?

Honestly I feel like the private sites would be more my style anyways. Maybe I should try it. Do you think it's too much to take on to try both that and Chaturbate for the next month?

Taking a quick look at streamate, I can already see way more fetishy stuff, and a lot more age variation, which is nice. I only just turned 25, but I practically felt like an old lady with all the 18-19 yr olds XD. My one concern with streamate is I'm seeing a bunch of complaints from models about streaming glitchiness and their payouts being on the low side. Apparently they also give customer refunds, which can put you in the red? That seems like it could easily be abused by scammers. Do you have any personal experience with Streamate?
I think it depends on your personality and situation. If this is your only job and you can manage to pull 2 shifts a day then do both. If you have 5 kids and a job than pick one. Some girls cam on multiple sites very successfully.
Streamate does have variety! I am 29 if you are old well fuckkkk me lol! But SM it does have its problems such as c2c not always working, people just not streaming in us any more, and so on. They also are more strict about rules, and you basically have to email
support anytime you want to do something like to add a break button and raise prices past a certain point.
As far as pay go, some women are banking it on SM and have some powerful hustles. Some women aren’t making it at all, and most are right in the middle as I feel it is with most sites. Although the earning potential might be lower on SM it is more likely to be consistent I think. Instead of hitting super big days from time to time you kind of land in the middle. (This does not mean huge days don’t come along, and that there is not slow times). But again some people fall all over the spectrum for how much they are actually earning.

I highly suggest you research SM more. If you do sign up get verified for the SM section in the models only section. And sign up for the CB one of you decide to stay there. I think a large part of becoming successful is to find what works for your style (haha after discovering your style) and you might have numerous styles, or change in time, but being aware of where you’re at and what you enjoy doing will make a difference.

Oh and I believe they cover chargebacks.

I think it depends on your personality and situation. If this is your only job and you can manage to pull 2 shifts a day then do both. If you have 5 kids and a job than pick one. Some girls cam on multiple sites very successfully.
Streamate does have variety! I am 29 if you are old well fuckkkk me lol! But SM it does have its problems such as c2c not always working, people just not streaming in us any more, and so on. They also are more strict about rules, and you basically have to email
support anytime you want to do something like to add a break button and raise prices past a certain point.
As far as pay go, some women are banking it on SM and have some powerful hustles. Some women aren’t making it at all, and most are right in the middle as I feel it is with most sites. Although the earning potential might be lower on SM it is more likely to be consistent I think. Instead of hitting super big days from time to time you kind of land in the middle. (This does not mean huge days don’t come along, and that there is not slow times). But again some people fall all over the spectrum for how much they are actually earning.

I highly suggest you research SM more. If you do sign up get verified for the SM section in the models only section. And sign up for the CB one of you decide to stay there. I think a large part of becoming successful is to find what works for your style (haha after discovering your style) and you might have numerous styles, or change in time, but being aware of where you’re at and what you enjoy doing will make a difference.

Oh and I believe they cover chargebacks.

Okay, good to know! I think I'll try both for a bit, and when I get busy with work again I'll just stick to whichever one works better.

Middling but consistent sounds fine to me, I'm not really in this to make bank. I mostly just want some extra stability, since my dayjob doesn't have much. I'm gonna keep working at it :)

I would suggest trying SM if you can’t commit to longer cam times on CB. You need ALL the time you can get to build momentum for your room. I consider myself established at this point, but even then, it can take sometimes 1-2 hours before I get the ball rolling and tippers to start tipping. That’s why my streams are at least 5 hours long.

CB is a fiercely competitive site. For me, One of the keys to being successful on CB is exposure and consistency. You need to be on long enough for people to find you and stick to a schedule so people can come back as regulars.

Does anyone think it's worth it to do a full free show on chaturbate just to get people in my room so I can move up the pages? Has this strategy worked for anyone or is it a bad idea? I feel like most of the guys I see are popping in and leaving as soon as they realize I'm not getting completely naked or fucking myself.

I've been working hard to keep things interesting, chatting and dancing to music, quick flashes, spanking, sucking a dildo, all that jazz, but I've been avoiding anything big. I'm lost as to what's too much to give away for free, and what's necessary to get people into my room. Sorry, I know I must sound very impatient, I just want to make sure I'm doing this right, and I keep second-guessing myself. I really appreciate the advice!

I would never give it all up for free. I think one of the worst things you can do in the beginning of your cam journey is selling yourself short. Price yourself at what you feel you are worth.

If anything, maybe you can do a “luck-based” show such as a dice roll show or a spin-the-wheel show. My first stream, I was convinced to use the dice roll app because tippers felt more comfortable trying their luck and getting a good “deal” before really getting to know me. At the very least, it got the ball rolling.

I would never give it all up for free. I think one of the worst things you can do in the beginning of your cam journey is selling yourself short. Price yourself at what you feel you are worth.

If anything, maybe you can do a “luck-based” show such as a dice roll show or a spin-the-wheel show. My first stream, I was convinced to use the dice roll app because tippers felt more comfortable trying their luck and getting a good “deal” before really getting to know me. At the very least, it got the ball rolling.

Okay, thanks :) Unfortunately dice rolls (10-20tk) haven't been enough for me yet, the few times anyone has rolled no one else followed. Also tried starting with small tip goals like 25tk for flashing my tits. No bites :/. I'm gonna keep trying different games and apps to see. Just getting people into the room at all is a big challenge. Maybe I should focus more on on social media? My twitter needs a lot of work.

Never ever give anything away for free for any reason, because it sets a standard that you give things away for free. You’ll get people in your room for the free stuff and they will never tip knowing eventually you’ll just do it for free.

Okay, thanks :) Unfortunately dice rolls (10-20tk) haven't been enough for me yet, the few times anyone has rolled no one else followed. Also tried starting with small tip goals like 25tk for flashing my tits. No bites :/. I'm gonna keep trying different games and apps to see. Just getting people into the room at all is a big challenge. Maybe I should focus more on on social media? My twitter needs a lot of work.

I have a relatively low room count/amount of followers bc I didn’t go hard on my new week- life surprises and my old computer’s processor killed my frame rate which lost me a lot of ppl. So what I’m saying is I feel you, I’m coming from behind too, but it doesn’t mean you can’t get there!

So pep talks aside, some practicalities: I usually run slot machine for a while and if someone tips for or rolls a boob flash, I leave my top off for a little longer if my room is slow bc it always helps dhrb my thumbnail looks like something fun and naked is about to happen. So just stretching those moments out a bit. But mostly what I’m doing is fishing for privates. I don’t do goals bc I just never have a high enough room count for them, but what’s made a huge difference in my income is private shows and then later when I could afford it, getting a lush. So for example this morning I had some unexpected free time, logged on before my day job, and made $98 in about 1.75 hours- which is definitely a good shift but also not unexpected at this point! Basically I’m saying it can be done, I promise, just keep at it and find a technique that works for you. But i’d focus on logging into CB more over social media- Twitter hasn’t driven me much traffic but just logging in definitely does.

And also bad days happen and sometimes a few in a row and it can’t be helped!

What is the quality of your webcam? I believe that CB’s algorithm automatically places HD and HD+ streams higher on their rankings, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Also, do you happen to use hashtags? I didn’t use it my first few times streaming, but after I did, I noticed a significant increase in my viewers.

• Helpful!
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
What is the quality of your webcam? I believe that CB’s algorithm automatically places HD and HD+ streams higher on their rankings, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Also, do you happen to use hashtags? I didn’t use it my first few times streaming, but after I did, I noticed a significant increase in my viewers.

My webcam is pretty good, I bought a logitech C920 specifically for camming. I did only just realize chaturbate's cam setting were automatically put to the lowest resolution, so I've fixed that. I didn't use hashtags the first couple shows, couldn't for the life of me figure out how. XD One guy was very helpful though, explained that and how to use a bunch of other features. One thing that seems to be happening though is they keep getting erased partway through. Maybe it's my dice app? It's annoying since I need to keep stopping to put them back.

I believe that CB’s algorithm automatically places HD and HD+ streams higher on their rankings, but correct me if I’m wrong.

No by default, but in avanced options users can active a filter that places HD first.

By default only users with tokens count.

Hello! I have been on CB for a little over two months, and it's my main source of income (for reference-I quit my FT job and went for it, and surpassed my previous income on my second week on CB, which I feel utterly thankful for). I usually work about 5 hours a day on average. I have tried working both daytime and nighttime to compare. Since I mainly go on when my daughter is at school, I ended up gaining more of a following then. Consistency is key. And regulars are key. When someone is tipping me, I definitely give them extra attention, and if they tip consistently or drop a big tip, I PM them to thank them personally.
Remembering viewers is important! I had a regular when I worked nights, but went to days and some time had passed and he showed up during the day and when he came into my room I said 'HEY ___! It's been a while!' - he tipped me, chatted with me, and at the end, dropped his last tip before leaving and thanked me in the tip note for the warm welcome when he came into my room and said it made him feel special. They want to feel special. They love your personal attention.
Always be happy and chipper and smile. Be confident. If you are disheartened by lack of people in your room, try hard not to let it show. There are going to be bad days. I think one of the hardest things for me is to not take that personally. It's tough, though. Those days, I tend to change my outfit or even the location of my broadcast from bed to chair or something to see if it helps! One show, I think I changed three times because I convinced myself I looked bad. But the fact of the matter is some days you are going to make a killing, but the next day you may make $5. It blows.
Unfortunately, my room count tends to rise when I am being tipped a lot and the action is happening and my tits are out. I have days where I can't get more than 20 people, and I think the most I have had is around 200. Not overly impressive when you are looking at the front page and someone has 20,000 in her room BUT just because she has 20k in her room, doesn't necessarily mean she is making a killing! Don't let that bother you either.
Do you have a Lush? That thing is a MF money maker. Toys are good. I have a Rabbit and just got my first dildo a couple weeks ago because I got so many requests to use one. Put them in the frame so people can see the different ways you can play. I strictly use the dildo in privates. I have the Rabbit on tip menu as 222 tokens for 2 minutes, and I actually sell that more than I thought. Yesterday, a regular dropped 222 two times in a row to watch me use it. So don't underestimate the appeal of toys.
Make sure your music isn't too loud- it sounds terrible for them if it is! If you are unsure- ask your room! They like contributing their opinion!
In closing, I am still trying to figure out this puzzle that is cam modeling. I see someone fully clothed, bored, and staring at her computer on the front page and think 'what the fuck am I doing wrong?!?' But I think it's just patience. We are building our 'brand'. I now realize the importance of content (which I am lacking!), of social media, and all of the behind the scenes stuff I never considered before diving in.
Keep it up and you will get there! You are very pretty and I think you have a great aesthetic.

Hello! I have been on CB for a little over two months, and it's my main source of income (for reference-I quit my FT job and went for it, and surpassed my previous income on my second week on CB, which I feel utterly thankful for). I usually work about 5 hours a day on average. I have tried working both daytime and nighttime to compare. Since I mainly go on when my daughter is at school, I ended up gaining more of a following then. Consistency is key. And regulars are key. When someone is tipping me, I definitely give them extra attention, and if they tip consistently or drop a big tip, I PM them to thank them personally.
Remembering viewers is important! I had a regular when I worked nights, but went to days and some time had passed and he showed up during the day and when he came into my room I said 'HEY ___! It's been a while!' - he tipped me, chatted with me, and at the end, dropped his last tip before leaving and thanked me in the tip note for the warm welcome when he came into my room and said it made him feel special. They want to feel special. They love your personal attention.
Always be happy and chipper and smile. Be confident. If you are disheartened by lack of people in your room, try hard not to let it show. There are going to be bad days. I think one of the hardest things for me is to not take that personally. It's tough, though. Those days, I tend to change my outfit or even the location of my broadcast from bed to chair or something to see if it helps! One show, I think I changed three times because I convinced myself I looked bad. But the fact of the matter is some days you are going to make a killing, but the next day you may make $5. It blows.
Unfortunately, my room count tends to rise when I am being tipped a lot and the action is happening and my tits are out. I have days where I can't get more than 20 people, and I think the most I have had is around 200. Not overly impressive when you are looking at the front page and someone has 20,000 in her room BUT just because she has 20k in her room, doesn't necessarily mean she is making a killing! Don't let that bother you either.
Do you have a Lush? That thing is a MF money maker. Toys are good. I have a Rabbit and just got my first dildo a couple weeks ago because I got so many requests to use one. Put them in the frame so people can see the different ways you can play. I strictly use the dildo in privates. I have the Rabbit on tip menu as 222 tokens for 2 minutes, and I actually sell that more than I thought. Yesterday, a regular dropped 222 two times in a row to watch me use it. So don't underestimate the appeal of toys.
Make sure your music isn't too loud- it sounds terrible for them if it is! If you are unsure- ask your room! They like contributing their opinion!
In closing, I am still trying to figure out this puzzle that is cam modeling. I see someone fully clothed, bored, and staring at her computer on the front page and think 'what the fuck am I doing wrong?!?' But I think it's just patience. We are building our 'brand'. I now realize the importance of content (which I am lacking!), of social media, and all of the behind the scenes stuff I never considered before diving in.
Keep it up and you will get there! You are very pretty and I think you have a great aesthetic.

Thank you! It means a lot :) I'm feeling a bit better about things, finally had a couple shows where I made money, mostly thanks to privates. Not much in the grand scheme of things (not quitting my day job, lol), but it's progress! Still very little traffic, though i do have a handful of regulars I see most days.

Update: I've tried Streamate now and WOW what a difference. It's a way better fit for me. I feel like I'm spending so much less time entertaining scammers and people insisting on freebies. My prices are higher to offset SM's cut, but no one's complained so far. I don't even have to spend hours dancing around until my legs hurt XD I can actually get shit done while I wait for people to show up. I even had guy drop in, tip me just because he felt like it after a brief "hey how you doing?", and leave. Neeeever would have happened to me on Chaturbate. The one real downside is loosing the followers I gained there. :/ I might do a couple more shows just to tell as many ppl as I can that I'm focusing on SM for the time being. But damn, thanks for the all tips and suggestions, it's really helping me turn things around!

Status
Not open for further replies.