AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Countdown to group?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

So I've been wondering lately, why exactly do models do countdowns before they go group?
For example, "300 tokens before shower group show" or something similar.
Is it just another way of making tokens, or am I just missing something? :lol:

I've seen quite a few models doing it and it works well for them, I was just wondering
why exactly it's done, seeings you're going to be making tokens in group anyway.

This isn't negative towards anyone that does it, I'm just curious. :)

Because group shows are cheap and many members don't tip during the shows, some girls might ask for tips before accept a group show and guaranteeing some earnings in case of the group show is not too busy. However, I have never seen a girl asking for tips before a group. So I'm just guessing this is their strategy.

What I have seen were some girls who only accept group if there are more members willing to go group than the minimum set by MFC (3), something like 5 or 6. With 6 in group, monetarily speaking, it is the same as a normal private with no spy.

And I have seen girls ending a group show because, after few minutes, there were only 1 or 2 members. And also girls who decided to stay with one member only in group just chatting for over 1 hour.

I don't do many groups, and while 9/10 of my groups don't have countdowns sometimes they do.

This is normally done when I'm planning a more special group than just fucking my pussy until I cum.

I do this because;
1) I don't usually have more than 3 people in the group and it helps offset the small groups.
2) It advertises the group
3) It gets me excited to give people a bit of control on when I get to play
4) If I'm doing something special that I highly enjoy I want to make sure no one misses it who wants to see those shows

Some people hate it, but they don't understand that the countdown means much more than extra tokens.

I agree, the girls I have seen who do this, pretty much make it worth their wild by getting tip/tokens ahead of time. I did group once where 3 guys started it just so 1 guy could get a longer show...I killed that as soon as I noticed thats what they were up to. :naughty:

For special group shows that are more than just me cumming with toys, I do a countdown. They take special setup (POV shows I rearrange my whole slut-space and Anal shows... well let's just say they require some prep :D) and are worth more than just the 10 tokens per minute that the group allows me.

For most of my groups I don't ask for anything ahead of time.

AmberCutie said:
For special group shows that are more than just me cumming with toys, I do a countdown. They take special setup (POV shows I rearrange my whole slut-space and Anal shows... well let's just say they require some prep :D) and are worth more than just the 10 tokens per minute that the group allows me.

This.

The models do it simply to make doing the group shows worth it, if no one tips or the groups don't go for long. It also makes it so when you do see only one or two people in your group show, you'll keep going to gain more people just because you've already gotten a good amount of token's so your not really worried if there's one or two people for a couple of seconds.

Frankie said:
AmberCutie said:

This.

:text-yeahthat:

However, unless it's going to be a "special" type group show as mentioned above, it's a pretty tacky tactic.

The new "countdown to group" phenomenon was one of those few MFC "fads" that actually made me smack my forehead and say to myself, "fack, I wish I thought of that" I just go ahead and offer the whole farm in every group lol! Suddenly changing my strategy wouldn't go over well with premiums, but gosh darn it is a good idea!

LovelyLemon said:
The new "countdown to group" phenomenon was one of those few MFC "fads" that actually made me smack my forehead and say to myself, "fack, I wish I thought of that" I just go ahead and offer the whole farm in every group lol! Suddenly changing my strategy wouldn't go over well with premiums, but gosh darn it is a good idea!

I had a lot of people get pissed at me when I did my first countdown for group (dildo in a bath show, which ended pretty funny with me almost breaking myself AND actually breaking my laptop), but I just shrugged it off. There are somethings model shouldn't do, but there isn't a handbook.

TL;DR: If you don't like how a model runs her room, go away. Find another model. There will always be someone willing to tip for something you think is stupid. One man's token whore is another man's favorite model.

Reactions: BaccaraRose27
Frankie I feel ya! On some days I "wait" for group, because it just makes more sense for me to initiate a group with a 300+ person room that start with a 100 person room and I even take heat for that! (and literally, the entire wait usually consists of like 3 minutes, I decline the first offer of group, whip my boobs out, wait for the room to swell, and accept the second offer, nobody is dying of old age while they wait lol)

I do it when it's something I need a set amount before I can use it.

Like a shower- it's not worth the setup and cleanup if I don't get at LEAST 600 toks. So I do a countdown- at 500 toks, figuring I'll get at least the other 100 in grp.

Or a new toy/outfit. I don't use it until I've gotten back what I paid. If it's expensive, I don't even ask for shipping, again, I'll make at least the 100/200 toks it took to ship the item back in the grps and pvts I get for having the toy.

Why do I do it that way? Because in order to get a new toy, I need at least the money back from the former "new toy", above and beyond what I'm going to need for living expenses. Grp/pvt and tips are what pays my rent, the tips for the toy is usually what allows me to get another. And my collection is far from complete, and some of my toys are starting to break/melt/other things that make them unusable. Yes, I have a toy that's started to melt.

Beyond the specials though, I don't charge extra for group. The price is the price, and if they're not going to tip, I can ignore their request and just please myself for the group. I do tell people "group is about what I want. If you want something specific, take me pvt".

Wow, melting toys, interesting. I blew mine up :( need a new one. I gotta post my wishlist soon LOL

AlexLady said:
Also - doing things like shower shows in group is nice verses public because then you don't get that annoying flood of asshole freeloaders.

It's a model's call every time.

I'm kind of on the fence about this. It's nice to do shows in group because you know you're getting tokens aside from tips, and if you feel like sliding a toy/finger in, you're free to. But it's also nice to put on shows in public as it has a better chance of drawing in/keeping new viewers in your room who may in turn become regulars. Doing shows in public (that are allowed) helps make you more popular, in my opinion. Sure you get some free loaders, but it may be worth it in the long run.

Oh yeah for sure Amber - there are pros and cons on both sides. I almost always do my "non-masturbatory" shows in public chat but there are times when settling with a friend or two and having a good time that isn't completely sexual is fun. Sure you miss out on seeing some friends and making new ones... but it's a nice break I'd say.

Granted Amber you're very popular; and sometimes having a huge crowd can be limiting. There are a few things I don't do anymore just because the room is too busy at times. You know?

AmberCutie said:

This. This embodies pretty much my whole belief on the system. You're already paying for the show in group so a countdown is normally just a quick move to get paid a bit more. However, for something special, a countdown is completely understandable.
The tip vs pay shows is totally another matter and both are equally reputable. I'm surprised not to see more shows with the model saying shows over when the tips stop, doesn't matter how much, just keep tipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.