AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting Traffic on Manyvids

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittens_play

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 29, 2015
Twitter Username
@ryanbreadd
MFC Username
ryanbread
Chaturbate Username
ryanbread
822-133-358-732-8828063.jpg

Hello! I wanted to start a little thread about ways to get more traffic/sales on a Manyvid profile. Beyond advertising on other social media platforms is there anything you could suggest?

Sorry if there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find one, please link it if there is!

I'm getting more traffic since I put the manyvids icon on my chaturbate bio...before that I barely had any traffic no matter how hard I advertised on twitter :/

Manyvids link on profile - check
Manyvids link on twitter - check
Plugs for vids on twitter - check
Manyvids link on ACF - Negative

Have you considered membership options, they seem to becoming increasingly popular. As are having sales and plugged them on twitter.

I noticed your pink links on the gray/blue background didn't contrast that well on my poor work monitor. Probably fine on other devices but I totally didn't see the manyvids link in your sidebar first time around but that could just be me on this PC.

I'm getting more traffic since I put the manyvids icon on my chaturbate bio...before that I barely had any traffic no matter how hard I advertised on twitter :/
I put a link on my MFC profile too and that helped a little but not immensely, thank you!

Manyvids link on profile - check
Manyvids link on twitter - check
Plugs for vids on twitter - check
Manyvids link on ACF - Negative

Have you considered membership options, they seem to becoming increasingly popular. As are having sales and plugged them on twitter.

I noticed your pink links on the gray/blue background didn't contrast that well on my poor work monitor. Probably fine on other devices but I totally didn't see the manyvids link in your sidebar first time around but that could just be me on this PC.
thank you thank you thank you! This is very helpful!

So glad this thread is here! So my question is...If you have your MV link on your MFC profile, will some people decide to buy items/videos directly from ManyVids instead of using tokens? Wouldn't MFC not like that cuz it's taking traffic from their site? So like, should you technically not do it? Or something?!!

With that in mind, I have tried to make the price on MV a tiny bit higher than the total price MFC members pay with tokens. That makes sense right? I'm glad there's a new thread on this, I just started making vids so this is all new. I've already fixed my lighting, done more homework on what a good camgirl video should look like, and I'm placing my logitech webcam order next month. But if any of you want to critique my stuff that's cool.

@kittens_play your MV looks great! The only thing that could hold people back is lack of awareness, because everything else looks super sexy and high quality :cat:

It helps sometimes when other model's heart things... other than that I'm not sure

• Helpful!
Reactions: kittens_play
There are lots of ways to draw traffic, but social media is your best free option. After looking at your profiles and Twitter, this would be my best suggestion.

- Continue with the social media
- Interact more with your followers
- Follow MANY people who have an interest in this area to include cam models and people who like adult-related material. If you follow them, they will often follow you back, and now you're getting your postings across to more people.
- Use hashtags ### on your Twitter posts. This is probably the most important thing you can do to make yourself relevant on Twitter, because it not only makes you visible to anyone who may want to find you, but it also gives them the option to follow you and engage your content.
- Include at least one call-to-action so people know how to respond to your posts.

Let me give an example just so it's easily understood.

Post #1 (Bad example): Check me out. I'm a cam model and sell vids.

Post #2 (Good example): Hello. Please follow my Twitter page and check out my adult videos available on ManyVids. #adult #videos #manyvids #customvideos

The first example is terrible because it's very brief and most people will never find it. The second example has a call-to-action x2, and anybody can find your post because you've added those hashtags.

Good luck.

So glad this thread is here! So my question is...If you have your MV link on your MFC profile, will some people decide to buy items/videos directly from ManyVids instead of using tokens? Wouldn't MFC not like that cuz it's taking traffic from their site? So like, should you technically not do it? Or something?!!

With that in mind, I have tried to make the price on MV a tiny bit higher than the total price MFC members pay with tokens. That makes sense right? I'm glad there's a new thread on this, I just started making vids so this is all new. I've already fixed my lighting, done more homework on what a good camgirl video should look like, and I'm placing my logitech webcam order next month. But if any of you want to critique my stuff that's cool.

@kittens_play your MV looks great! The only thing that could hold people back is lack of awareness, because everything else looks super sexy and high quality :cat:
'

I dont use manyvids but I've been selling through clips4sale, kinkbomb, niteflirt, adn other sites for 4 years on MFC with the sites linked and advertised clearly on my profile as well as occasionally in my chat room. I've never had an issue.

There are lots of ways to draw traffic, but social media is your best free option. After looking at your profiles and Twitter, this would be my best suggestion.

- Continue with the social media
- Interact more with your followers
- Follow MANY people who have an interest in this area to include cam models and people who like adult-related material. If you follow them, they will often follow you back, and now you're getting your postings across to more people.
- Use hashtags ### on your Twitter posts. This is probably the most important thing you can do to make yourself relevant on Twitter, because it not only makes you visible to anyone who may want to find you, but it also gives them the option to follow you and engage your content.
- Include at least one call-to-action so people know how to respond to your posts.

Let me give an example just so it's easily understood.

Post #1 (Bad example): Check me out. I'm a cam model and sell vids.

Post #2 (Good example): Hello. Please follow my Twitter page and check out my adult videos available on ManyVids. #adult #videos #manyvids #customvideos

The first example is terrible because it's very brief and most people will never find it. The second example has a call-to-action x2, and anybody can find your post because you've added those hashtags.

Good luck.

Just a note to mention that typically more than two hashtags in a tweet (even if done correctly, as keywords) generally will decrease interaction not increase it. They say that 2 or less is best.

Wow such kind words, thank you, Casey!

I don't think MFC or any live camming website will care if you use manyvids for external monetary gains. I think they likely understand that it's hard for a camgirl to make money only on one site. In addition I've never seen anyone get punished or seen an repercussions from posting a MV link on MFC or CB.

I made the videos on MV the same price as they are on my MFC profile, it seems easier that way, also a lot of people prefer to purchase content and goods with actual money versus tokens or whatever. It's just less steps. Also it's good for those shy folk that don't want to talk to the cam model or message her, which is understandable.
Okay last thing: a logitech webcam will be SO helpful. The quality is amazing and if you don't have a DSLR to record videos/take photos it works just as well! Best of luck in the cammisphere. If you need any advice/help I'm here! (not that I'm an expert but I might be able to offer some advice)

two hashtags in a tweet (even if done correctly, as keywords) generally will decrease interaction not increase it.

Interesting. Is there a reason behind this? If someone is searching for a hashtag, I'd assume they'd be led to the tweet either way. Perhaps I'm wrong though...(?)

More than two hashtags looks super spammy! As does tagging tons of other accounts like promoters. I learned about that doing social media at my day job. I think the tagging can be okay on the occasional photo post but in general it looks less engaging.

@GenXoxo I totally agree it looks spammy. Personally I hate them (wish they were hidden or something of that nature), but if you're wanting to reach out to a broader audience than just one thing...I'd think more than one would help draw people to that tweet.

I'm mainly just meaning hashtags more than promoters. I mean sure promoters can RT you and such, but people actually search hashtags.

I wouldn't do them on any and every tweet, but I personally tend to do more than one when I say go online or when I post a new video.

Last edited:
@GenXoxo I totally agree it looks spammy. Personally I hate them (wish they were hidden or something of that nature), but if you're wanting to reach out to a broader audience than just one thing...I'd think more than one would help draw people to that tweet.

I'm mainly just meaning hashtags more than promoters. I mean sure promoters can RT you and such, but people actually search hashtags.

I wouldn't do them on any and every tweet, but I personally tend to do more than one when I say go online or when I post a new video.

every social media book, article etc I read says 2 or less is the best way to increase interaction.
Personally - my eyes glaze over with too many hashtags. Even twitter reccomends two:

Hashtag etiquette
  • Don’t use too many hashtags in a single Tweet. We recommend using not more than two per Tweet. Too many hashtags can be annoying or confusing to followers. Save your hashtag use for when it’s going to add value or context to your message.
  • Only use hashtags that are relevant to the topic of the Tweet.
  • If you use a public account to send a Tweet, anyone who does a search for that hashtag may be able to find your Tweet.
https://media.twitter.com/best-practice/how-to-use-hashtags

Here's some actual data: from here: https://blog.bufferapp.com/a-scientific-guide-to-hashtags-which-ones-work-when-and-how-many

Hashtags on Twitter
Tweets with hashtags get two times more engagement than tweets without.

This data, courtesy of Buddy Media, is one of the most-cited examples of the effectiveness of hashtags, and for good reason: doubling your online engagement is a big deal! Imagine going from four retweets to eight or 10 retweets to 20. And all it takes is a simple # or two?

Apparently so. Although, you’ll want to keep it to no more than two.

Buddy Media’s research also showed that the volume of hashtags bears monitoring: one or two hashtags appear to be the max. When you use more than two hashtags, your engagement actually drops by an average of 17 percent.

@Miss_Lollipop Ok, putting it that way I can see it better. In my case I generally hit on anything that someone on twitter might be looking for fetish-wise or whatever. I normally limit myself to 3 short ones at most, and put them at the bottom so people will feel they don't have to bother reading them.

In the twitter etiquette example, I picture someone filling something like half or all their character limit with hashtags, and yeah...no, that's annoying lol.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Just a note to mention that typically more than two hashtags in a tweet (even if done correctly, as keywords) generally will decrease interaction not increase it. They say that 2 or less is best.

This is correct and thanks for clarifying. The main thing though is having them, which in most cases, doubles the post engagement and leads to more tweets, so she's drastically going to improve her chances of selling videos. Good call on the 2 hashtags or less thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.