AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Giveaway: Domi By Lovense

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't in the past but have done interviews.

I gotta say, I really hate being lied to, PimpG. I can't imagine @Gen likes it much either.

upload_2018-3-22_21-23-9.png upload_2018-3-22_21-23-50.png upload_2018-3-22_21-24-26.png upload_2018-3-22_21-25-21.png

Your original name of PimpG really seems to fit you. You make money off sex workers while actively putting them in danger (your advice could really fuck with their mental health as @VeronicaChaos outlined in your last go-around here and physical health as just now pointed out by @Emberblaze ).

I get that you think that you have value in your advice as customer who does a couple interviews with actual models here and there because you like cam models and enjoy being a writer, and bonus- you get a little money out of the deal! But, what you fail to understand is how inappropriate it is for you, a non sex worker who will never experience any of the often dangerous and life altering stigma of being a sex worker, to give dubious and clearly poorly researched advice to budding naive sex workers and then profit from it. Especially when that advice puts the reader in harms way.

I am not writing this post to "bash" or "hate" on you. I am writing it to inform any new cambb that could be reading this, to be mindful of where they get their information and hopefully realize the best thing is to just stay with this forum.

If you'd like to prove me wrong (honestly, I'd love it if you did) that you really do understand what you are talking about, you can start by answering this question in depth: Why was it bad advice to tell cambbs to keep their prices low?

The thing you don't get is that yeah you may be making money from your affiliate links but how much MORE money could you be making if you presented really good and accurate information and we were all "This guy was pretty shitty but he turned his shit around and really learned a lot and now he's really helpful."

Being adored in the cam community can go a long way. If someone was to ask me "where can I get cheap umbrella lights." And I could point them to you and say "oh that yeswebcam dude has a great article over there with the best budget lighting." You're only going to do better.

Just like when someone asks me about payment processors I'm always like "go first choice pay because @Dan Epstein is their rep for dealing with us and he's amazing."

I'm sure it probably feels like we bitch about you because you're a dude but it's not that. There's plenty of men making money off us directly in the industry that we like. Such as the owners of indiebill or certain good cam sites.

It might actually be worth it for you to setup some sort of partnership with someone that has more knowledge to help you out with some things and maybe even pay them for their efforts with advertising or something if cash isn't currently a feasible option. Stick my cammodels link on your site and I'm happy to help. I'm sure plenty of models would if they were getting something reasonable in return.

This is really the best advice I can give you. But getting angry with models here and rating their actual concerns as trolling isn't going to make you friends.

You do have some valid points. I would say that I do have great relationships with most, however, just on here there are the ones that are just going to dig up any and everything they can to make themselves feel better. It’s just the way the internet works. I’m sure you know what I am talking about when you get trolled or disrespected just because you’re a sex worker.

Honestly, I have made great strides to improve the quality of content. The issue with the dildo is the Jelly. I didn’t know about it and changed it the day I heard about it. I thank you for that. Got to give me some credit there LOL. Someone who didn’t care would just disregard everything they read.

Partnerships are on the way. Not sure when yet, but will probably start a thread offering to pay models for content. Would have to sort out a way for payments, possible incentives, etc. What do you think fair pay would be?

I really don’t take it as you bitching or anyone for that matter. Rather just insults because they can. I actually think it’s quite comical really. I mean there are people so aggravated that they harass me over stupid shit..lol.

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I gotta say, I really hate being lied to, PimpG. I can't imagine @Gen likes it much either.

View attachment 75284 View attachment 75285 View attachment 75286 View attachment 75287

Your original name of PimpG really seems to fit you. You make money off sex workers while actively putting them in danger (your advice could really fuck with their mental health as @VeronicaChaos outlined in your last go-around here and physical health as just now pointed out by @Emberblaze ).

I get that you think that you have value in your advice as customer who does a couple interviews with actual models here and there because you like cam models and enjoy being a writer, and bonus- you get a little money out of the deal! But, what you fail to understand is how inappropriate it is for you, a non sex worker who will never experience any of the often dangerous and life altering stigma of being a sex worker, to give dubious and clearly poorly researched advice to budding naive sex workers and then profit from it. Especially when that advice puts the reader in harms way.

I am not writing this post to "bash" or "hate" on you. I am writing it to inform any new cambb that could be reading this, to be mindful of where they get their information and hopefully realize the best thing is to just stay with this forum.

If you'd like to prove me wrong (honestly, I'd love it if you did) that you really do understand what you are talking about, you can start by answering this question in depth: Why was it bad advice to tell cambbs to keep their prices low?
I don’t take it as bashing really. You and others said what they said and had every right to say it. I would feel the same way if someone came into the internet marketing world and started giving advice on SEO, affiliate marketing, etc. In fact, I have seen that time and time again.

The post that you’re referring to is https://yeswebcam.com/advice/how-much-money-can-i-make-with-chaturbate

As you can see I made changes a long time ago and right at the beginning I pointed out emotional pain. That is a real risk and something that I would never want even my worst enemy to go through.

Made the following changes:

Changed name from PimpG to G Spot. I was respecting others and did it for people that I involuntary offended. I’m sorry.

Added a “model approved section”. This was addressed to help verify the creditability of content.

Changed the post on dildos. I didn’t know it was a problem, but I did make the necessary changes. I’m sorry.

To answer your question.

It was bad advice because it can emotionally hurt someone for accepting a very low amount of tokens for a sexual act. I’m sorry for the past mistakes that I have made. I tend to rush into projects sometimes and I wish I could change that about myself.

You do have some valid points. I would say that I do have great relationships with most, however, just on here there are the ones that are just going to dig up any and everything they can to make themselves feel better. It’s just the way the internet works. I’m sure you know what I am talking about when you get trolled or disrespected just because you’re a sex worker.

Honestly, I have made great strides to improve the quality of content. The issue with the dildo is the Jelly. I didn’t know about it and changed it the day I heard about it. I thank you for that. Got to give me some credit there LOL. Someone who didn’t care would just disregard everything they read.

Partnerships are on the way. Not sure when yet, but will probably start a thread offering to pay models for content. Would have to sort out a way for payments, possible incentives, etc. What do you think fair pay would be?

I really don’t take it as you bitching or anyone for that matter. Rather just insults because they can. I actually think it’s quite comical really. I mean there are people so aggravated that they harass me over stupid shit..lol.
Depending on the topic, $150-$200 for an article with 1000 word minimum. That is fair. Also, allowing the writer to increase from that if it's a heavier topic or requires more time and research.

Can you give me an example of someone harassing you over "stupid shit?" Because all I've ever seen is people giving you very valuable critiques.

Can you give me an example of someone harassing you over "stupid shit?" Because all I've ever seen is people giving you very valuable critiques.
I could give you an examples, but really don't want to go down that road. It's in the past :).

Depending on the topic, $150-$200 for an article with 1000 word minimum. That is fair. Also, allowing the writer to increase from that if it's a heavier topic or requires more time and research.

Just being honest with you I don't feel $150 to $200 is a fair price. I was thinking lower ($15 to $20) but giving the model exposure to promote herself through affiliate links on site, social properties, etc. Possibly just proofing something I wrote and then adding a little to it. But, I would have to put more thought into that decision.

Just being honest with you I don't feel $150 to $200 is a fair price. I was thinking lower ($15 to $20) but giving the model exposure to promote herself through affiliate links on site, social properties, etc. Possibly just proofing something I wrote and then adding a little to it. But, I would have to put more thought into that decision.
You get what you pay for. If it's a model writing an article for you she is essentially giving up one to two hours minimum for only $15, whereas she could just be online making triple.

The "giving them exposure" bit is bullshit. Especially since your site is aimed at models looking to improve their camming and not actual paying members.

You get what you pay for. If it's a model writing an article for you she is essentially giving up one to two hours minimum for only $15, whereas she could just be online making triple.

The "giving them exposure" bit is bullshit. Especially since your site is aimed at models looking to improve their camming and not actual paying members.

I'm not going to disclose the details, but it will be worthwhile for both parties.

Out of curiosity, how much time do you take to write an article? Like how many hours total including research?
Just depends. Some about 2 hours. When trying out sites typically longer. Then, I focus on outreach, getting feedback, etc.

Just depends. Some about 2 hours. When trying out sites typically longer. Then, I focus on outreach, getting feedback, etc.

How are you going to avoid serious mistakes like the dildo incident in the future? Clearly this current process isn't enough.

I ask because the last time you were here, we found you giving some pretty harmful advice and now here we are again and yet you claim to have improved tremendously.

From where I sit, all I see is someone who is profiting off models while also putting them in harms way with your carelessness. How can you justify that?

It's more or less standard. For instance: http://staging.boleynmodels.com/become-paid-contributor/

That is a ridiculously low rate for writing an article. Like @Lintilla said, the recommended $150-200 is pretty standard. If we all accepted "exposure" as payment, we'd all be broke as shit.

• Wat?!
ok, haven't made up my mind on it, but something that would actually end up paying you more in the long run and give you some brand power, too.

Writers worried about the long run are more likely to start their own blog and keep 100%. The rest want it up front.

Writers worried about the long run are more likely to start their own blog and keep 100%. The rest want it up front.

That is true but do they have 10+ years of internet marketing experience :)

• Wat?!
That is true but do they have 10+ years of internet marketing experience :)
10+ years of marketing and SEO experience but you can only pay models $15 for writing an article?

Well, then you're not "most" people lol. But, SEO experience too?

Yes. Not that it's relevant. Length of experience doesn't matter, mine nor yours. Results matter. In any case, if you're as experienced as all that, you should already know what a reasonable payment looks like and how to go about it.

10+ years of marketing and SEO experience but you can only pay models $15 for writing an article?
Lol. But residual income which would pay a lot more than 150 to 150. Sure, I could pay more, but would rather make it worthwhile for both parties.

posts like this make it seem like you can afford to pay models respectively for their hard work.. js
screencapture-ambercutie-forums-members-g-spot-37324-2018-03-23-02_32_27.png

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Lol. But residual income which would pay a lot more than 150 to 150. Sure, I could pay more, but would rather make it worthwhile for both parties.
How long would it take a model to get $150 in residual from exposure and how do you track it for both parties to see?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
How are you going to avoid serious mistakes like the dildo incident in the future? Clearly this current process isn't enough.

I ask because the last time you were here, we found you giving some pretty harmful advice and now here we are again and yet you claim to have improved tremendously.

From where I sit, all I see is someone who is profiting off models while also putting them in harms way with your carelessness. How can you justify that?

I'd still like an answer too please.

The record keeping on the writer's end for long term tiny residuals on one stupid blog post completely erodes any benefit. Nobody wants to deal with that shit. If, in the long term, you're positive it will pay a lot more... pay a lot more up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.