AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has anyone had any experience with GiftRocket?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SadieSixx said:
I just used GR for the first time. A regular told me about it, and after poking around a bit I decided to go for it, hesitantly. I told him to use my cam name, then I redeemed it for a check with my real name. Got the check in the mail today (a week later) and deposited it with no probs. Still going to proceed with caution if I decide to use it again, in case they can cancel it after its been redeemed, and not being sure if they can see the information I used to redeemed it skeeves me out. I'm just really grateful for the check today!

From all the things I have personally tested, they will not see any personal info of yours.

Cross post:

I just wanted to let you ladies know that Giftrockets can indeed be cancelled, or "unprocessed" for a number of reasons. If it's not in your bank account, don't trust them or do anything for them!
I contacted GR because money hasn't hit my account and it's been a week and their reply was "This sender's payment info has not gone on through on a number of gifts and we have sent him emails which he has not responded to. We are looking into this user and we recommend not accepting gifts from people you don't know."

I haven't had too many problems with most transactions that were gifts from my regulars. Don't be naive like me. >_>

Jessi said:
I redeemed a giftrocket last night (I actually got the email a couple weeks ago :shifty: ) and it hasn't shown up in my paypal yet.
Will it come through? :(

Yeah, they never come through that fast, GR really takes their time in processing them sometimes.

Reactions: LilyMarie
I've used it twice, both with the same customer.
I got an email saying that the payment was canceled by the security team, AFTER skyping with him.
Never using that again.

NatalieSullivan said:
I've used it twice, both with the same customer.
I got an email saying that the payment was canceled by the security team, AFTER skyping with him.
Never using that again.
You should never ever perform a service/deliver an item until the money is in your account. That's not a flaw on GiftRocket's end. I always tell ppl that want to use GR that they have to pay a week or more in advance so the money will be in my account before their show. Or they can pay and then we can schedule when the money arrives.

Some may not like giftrocket and I don't knock them. I've used it but only with one regular. He's always labeled them with messages such as "for your new furnace fund" (because I need a new one and I'm saving for it) and "Take a night off and get better soon" (when he paid enough to meet my minimum goal for the payperiod when I was SUPER sick and could barely sit up). Outside of that I wouldn't know. Nothing MFC or camming related was ever mentioned and I've only used it twice for direct deposit into my bank account. It's all been anonymous to a camming only email address so security was never an issue.

Hey! i have never used GiftRocket before, but someone sent one to me - so its been chilling in my inbox for like 2 weeks now lol.. Can someone explain how to have it converted to your bank account, or where it can be used? Thanks in advance ~ Kimber

Nissim-Payoneer said:
As mentioned above, in order to receive a private load to your Payoneer account, the loader will only need your e-mail address. They will not have access to your personal information - they will only be able to see your e-mail address (listed on the Payoneer account) and last 4 digits of your card number.

I haven't used payoneer. I looked at it but hadn't used it yet.

This bit about the last 4 digits being visible set off infosec alarm bells.

Recently Naoki Hiroshima lost control of his domains registered at godaddy because the last 4 digits of the card (plus 2 others that the hacker guessed) were used as a PIN for security identification purposes. So if the last four were actually available via payoneer to anyone knowing the account holders email address, this would be a serious problem.

Fortunately, I checked on of my friends and payoneer is now only showing last 1 digit, rather than last 4 like was stated above.

Reactions: curvyredhead
KimberBoh said:
Hey! i have never used GiftRocket before, but someone sent one to me - so its been chilling in my inbox for like 2 weeks now lol.. Can someone explain how to have it converted to your bank account, or where it can be used? Thanks in advance ~ Kimber

Did you click on it? There's a big button that says "Click to View Your Gift" or something like that and then it walks you through the whole process with instructions. Once you're in there you'll click to choose how to receive it. It's really awesome and easy and only takes a few seconds!

I recently used GR to send a camgirl her share of a show we did and I received an email back saying that it was flagged and asking me the purpose of my gift. I told them she was my best friends and having a rough month and I was hoping to treat her to a spa day.

I think a good tip for members is send expected amounts (stick with the options GR gives you, even if that means you'll have to pay more) and always suggest a store to spend it at. Do everything you can to make it look like a gift rather than a payment. $70 looks more like a payment than $75 or $100. $190 feels like a weird amount for a gift, etc.

I know that many members are as annoyed about these getting canceled as we are. One thing to be careful about is being irresponsible or naive about them. When you accept GR from anyone that scams you (most likely not a regular) this sort of tips them off that it's being used as a payment processor and will make them more wary in the future. It's like amazon, eventually the emails of "I never got the money in my account!" "Can you cancel gift cards?" Or noticing that some email addresses are associated with multiple cancelled charges makes them very suspicious. I really think that's why so many companies don't want to be used by those who do adult services. Not because they're slut-shaming but because this field of work is rife with scammers and people that fall for it.

I have used GR three times now. So for the first one, it was a cam show and he got the show immediately. The money was in my bank account 3 days later. The second one was for a custom clip, and I received it and had the money in my bank 3 days later. Now, the third was is also for a custom clip... and it's been 6 days. I check the email and it says that the user has sent the payment with their bank account, rather than a debit/credit card, and to give it an additional 6 days. I told the guy that he'll just have to wait, because I won't send him the clip until the money is in my own bank account.

Now that I know about this, like others have suggested, I'm going to ask that people schedule things and expect the return service when I see the money in my account. It's a bit frustrating, especially for something like a cam show (and you know they want it NOW, not later)... but I don't really want to risk not getting the money. Then again, maybe I'll just take Amazon gift cards if it comes down to it and they don't want to wait. I don't know...

This may be a silly question, but can you receive GiftRocket in Canada? I know international cards can't send them...but can we receive?

GenXoxo said:
This may be a silly question, but can you receive GiftRocket in Canada? I know international cards can't send them...but can we receive?
If you accept it via PayPal, from what I understand, that does work.

Reactions: Gen
SexyStephXS said:
GenXoxo said:
If you accept it via PayPal, from what I understand, that does work.

Thank you! I scoured their FAQ but couldn't find it. Awesome!

For what it's worth, I believe I had my very first experience with being ripped off yesterday, thanks in part to GiftRocket. Dude sent me a $125 giftcard, I checked to make sure it showed up in my email and transferred the funds to my bank account before doing the show. (I'm no dummy.) Today I got this: "Your $125 GiftRocket from [dude] was flagged by our security team for possible fraudulent payment and cannot be approved. This transaction has been canceled. Please do not accept gifts from this sender as they will not be approved."

So is it him, or is it them?

Reactions: Dig_Ophelia
Sexxy_Teacher said:
For what it's worth, I believe I had my very first experience with being ripped off yesterday, thanks in part to GiftRocket. Dude sent me a $125 giftcard, I checked to make sure it showed up in my email and transferred the funds to my bank account before doing the show. (I'm no dummy.) Today I got this: "Your $125 GiftRocket from [dude] was flagged by our security team for possible fraudulent payment and cannot be approved. This transaction has been canceled. Please do not accept gifts from this sender as they will not be approved."

So is it him, or is it them?

You should always wait for it to actually CLEAR your account/Paypal, etc before doing a show/sending out goods, etc.

Anytime this has happened to me, it's because the asshole claimed fraud, or did a chargeback. Had nothing to do with GiftRocket. You should email them back asking for details?

Just an fyi - they appear to flagging cam model accounts and making the fees higher.

I recieved around $1000 in giftrockets over the last month and the fee has been considerably more to the person than the $2 + 5% that it should have been.

I also know they did a survey of cam models recently asking about how we are using the product making it sound like they want to better help us. They appear to be very sneakily raising the fees in a way that is not upfront at all...

I've never been flagged or asked why/what gifts were for and to my knowledge neither have my members.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Just an fyi - they appear to flagging cam model accounts and making the fees higher.

I recieved around $1000 in giftrockets over the last month and the fee has been considerably more to the person than the $2 + 5% that it should have been.

I also know they did a survey of cam models recently asking about how we are using the product making it sound like they want to better help us. They appear to be very sneakily raising the fees in a way that is not upfront at all...

I've never been flagged or asked why/what gifts were for and to my knowledge neither have my members.

Okay, WTF. I'm glad you said something, because I am now going to ask my reg who always GiftRockets me, if he's seen any changes in fees/etc. Did anyone ever get an answer about the survey? I wrote back, asking them why, && that if I knew why, I would more than likely be happy to help them answer their questions, but I never heard jackshit back... Blah.

According to Giftrocket FAQ:
If you make your purchase with a credit or debit card, there is a fee of $2 + 5% of the gift amount. If you make your purchase directly from your bank account, the fee is $2 for gifts below $100 and $4 otherwise. In certain cases, the fee may be different depending on several factors.
Ok, $50, using a credit card: ($50 * 0.05) + $2 = $4.5

I just tried to send $50 to a camgirl* and the fee presented was $8.
I then tried to send $50 to my brother. I'm pretty sure he is not a camgirl. The fee was $4.5.

It seems like the survey was a honeypot. Giftrocket will probably say that "in certain cases, the fee may be different depending on several factors".

* I have sent money to this same girl through Giftrocket before (April 2014) and the fee charged was correct, $2 + 5%. I still have the order confirmation.

I emailed GiftRocket and asked them what their fees are now.

Their reply:
We've implemented a new fee structure for gifts to recipients who receive a high volume of gifts, as they have proven to have higher transaction costs.

That fee is $3 + 10% of the gift amount. Please check the fee on the checkout page before sending gifts, and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Jake Douglas
Community Manager
GiftRocket
So it looks like gifts to many camgirls could easily fall into the higher fee range from now on.

JerryBoBerry said:

Their reply:
We've implemented a new fee structure for gifts to recipients who receive a high volume of gifts, as they have proven to have higher transaction costs.

That fee is $3 + 10% of the gift amount. Please check the fee on the checkout page before sending gifts, and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Jake Douglas
Community Manager
GiftRocket
So it looks like gifts to many camgirls could easily fall into the higher fee range from now on.
I have zero interest in GiftRocket for myself, but to charge the people who use your service frequently a higher percentage is an odd practice, isn't it? Sheesh...

JickyJuly said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Their reply:

Best,

Jake Douglas
Community Manager
GiftRocket
I have zero interest in GiftRocket for myself, but to charge the people who use your service frequently a higher percentage is an odd practice, isn't it? Sheesh...
Yeah, that seems like bullshit to me.

Yeah, this is horseshit. It would have been nice if they could have told us first, WTF. I'm wondering if have also done that, because the transactions are more "high risk"? But, if they're doing that, then I kind of expect to get my $$ faster then. =P. Thanks for ya'lls help guys. :)

Just FYI

Direct bank account (ACH) transactions are $2 <$100 and $4 over $100. Considerably cheaper than a credit card.

Reactions: curvyredhead
HiGirlsRHot said:
Just FYI

Direct bank account (ACH) transactions are $2 <$100 and $4 over $100. Considerably cheaper than a credit card.
On my tests, changing to bank account didn't change the fee when the recipient was a camgirl.

Later I got two $3 coupons, for both unsent gift cards. In case it was not clear, I didn't actually send the money during my tests. I just moved to the next step to see the fees and then closed the site.

Using the coupon to send $50 to my brother via bank account the fee would be zero. Sending to the girl, even with coupon, bank account or credit card, the fee would be $5.

MyCamgirl said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Just FYI

On my tests, changing to bank account didn't change the fee when the recipient was a camgirl.

Later I got two $3 coupons, for both unsent gift cards. In case it was not clear, I didn't actually send the money during my tests. I just moved to the next step to see the fees and then closed the site.

Using the coupon to send $50 to my brother via bank account the fee would be zero. Sending to the girl, even with coupon, bank account or credit card, the fee would be $5.

Not sure why you had that experience. I sent gift rocket this week for more than $100 and got charged a $4 fee. This was to popular >5K camscore model who has been camming for more than two years. I sent another one to the same model a few months before that for under $100 and got charged $2 and back in June to a different veteran model who does a lot of Skype shows and got charged $2.

Now it is possible that once a person gets flagged as high risk the fees go up. AFAIK chargeback associated with ACH are far more rare.

I just tried to send myself a GiftRoket, one fo my work email, then one to my personal email Any email I've used for work before, where I've used the same email for a paypal account to have the payment sent to paypal, the fee was $13 to send myself $100. So, they are probably using email to track these things. NOT COOL GIFTROCKET.

See, I wouldn't have minded, if they had sent an email out, with a disclosure.

But of course not. Too easy. - smirk.

Reallyyyyyyyyy wish I had seen this earlier. I just used GR for the first time an hour ago and I have yet to receive anything after redemption.

It was only 25.00, a likely gift amount and it was to a NONWORK/CAM e-mail as well.

Someone is not a happy girl right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.