AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How should i send out my content? help with drop box?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2016
Twitter Username
@elizabethnoir_
Tumblr Username
elizabethnoir
MFC Username
lizbethnoir
Chaturbate Username
elizabethnoir
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/420857/ElizabethNoir/
So im using big cartel to sell photo sets and videos and im not sure what would be the best way to send out my content. Should I just email the customer the photo sets/ videos? what are the draw backs of that? or should I set up drop box and email them a download link? and how do I set up drop box?

sorry for so many questions but i really want to figure this out so i have another site to use for my content.

I use Dropbox. I pay $10 a month for unlimited space, and you never have to worry about losing them.

A drawback: people can send other people your link, but there's an option to reset the link every 30 days or something.

I can highly recommend Project Maenad! It's the best option for camgirls imo!
You can set up different links for every member, with download limits and/or time limits. :)

I agree, Project Maenad is probably the best way to go. It's free, unlimited space... easy for members to download links without having to sign up...

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/ProjectMaenad

I second (third?) Project Maenad! I've been using it for all my content since I started camming and have never had a single problem. It's totally free to use, as far as I know there's no space limit, and it's made for camgirls so you don't need to worry about hosting adult content. It's really handy being able to set how many downloads a link is good for and when it will expire, and you can even add a member's name to links (only you'll see it) to keep track of everything! I can see a list of every link I've ever sent out, the date they were sent, who they were sent to, how many times they were downloaded and how long the link will be usable for. It makes the organisation freak in me so happy. :h:

I use Dropbox. I pay $10 a month for unlimited space, and you never have to worry about losing them.

A drawback: people can send other people your link, but there's an option to reset the link every 30 days or something.
I use dropbox. I pay $99 a year. I have tons of space which is great since most of my videos are over 2GB.
Instead of sending links, you can invite people to the file/folder which inhibits them from sharing. Just set them to "can view" instead of "can edit".

MediaFire is another option
Mediafire is garbage these days, do not recommend.
Dropbox and using the ftp sync option is the best!

Reactions: troubleMeika
I concur with the Project Maenad suggestions! I've been using them and love how they are geared toward camgirls' needs. They are also GREAT with support. Their servers went down once briefly (and only once in the 6 months I've been camming), and they were messaging me consistently trying to get everything back up to speed. Totally recommend!

Dropbox is not secure. There are plenty of better free services out there. No judgement but paying money for dropbox would be one of the last things I recommend. If you were going to spend money and value privacy/security I recommend https://www.sync.com . I would opt for the $98/year for 2 TB storage and run all content with expiry dates. Give the customer 7 days to download their purchase then the link dies. There are all sort of useful tools to manage your content, file count for downloads. It's the fastest, most secure, and easiest service I have found for stuff you can't lose, get stolen, or otherwise messed with. Google it the tech community gives it top ratings.

While your media would not be the end of the world is someone hacked your account and deleted it for fun. This is what people do to dropbox users. There are active hit list on some of the hacker boards. It's almost a rite of passage.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Tilly
Dropbox is not secure. There are plenty of better free services out there. No judgement but paying money for dropbox would be one of the last things I recommend. If you were going to spend money and value privacy/security I recommend https://www.sync.com . I would opt for the $98/year for 2 TB storage and run all content with expiry dates. Give the customer 7 days to download their purchase then the link dies. There are all sort of useful tools to manage your content, file count for downloads. It's the fastest, most secure, and easiest service I have found for stuff you can't lose, get stolen, or otherwise messed with. Google it the tech community gives it top ratings.

While your media would not be the end of the world is someone hacked your account and deleted it for fun. This is what people do to dropbox users. There are active hit list on some of the hacker boards. It's almost a rite of passage.

I have had no issues with dropbox when used correctly. Could you give an example or citation to back up your theory that it's not secure? Five years with no problems over here...

Reactions: SaffronBurke
SpiderOak One is another good option for sending links and backing up files. You can get 30GB for $80/year.

I've been busy sorry. there are numerous exploits mentioned in the past. Dropbox is targeted because it's so popular, just like windows is targeted because everyone uses it. Seems like anytime you get a new program or piece of software you get a 2gb dropbox account with it. Snowden from wiki leaks fame said something about how Dropbox was hazardous to privacy and that set the hacker community on fire. The vulnerabilities are often discussed on hacker boards and exploits and hacked accounts bought and sold on the deep web. There is talk of a new phishing exploit being worked on. Everyone on dropbox is running noscript extensions of some type I hope.

snowden

one of many phishing scams

Is Project Maenad like a ManyVids? Do you have to buy the videos directly on the site? Or can you still send links to people who paid in tokens?

Both! I use the site for people who pay in tokens. You can sell videos directly on the site, but I haven't sold any.

I use project maenad for this, and I've set it up so its super easy to use during your shows too! Everything else charges or is difficult and I'm not in the mood for a complicated relationship with anything right now. I have cats for fuck's sake they're enough of a pain in the ass for anyone, I don't need crap from my computer too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.