AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm looking for some advice.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixela_Bunny

Cam Model
Dec 21, 2016
Anchorage, Ak
Twitter Username
@WitchHazel9
Tumblr Username
sadomasotrinitystone
MFC Username
TrinityXStone
Streamate Username
TrinityXStone
I need some advice please!

My Fiance and I were discussing him working part time instead of full time and for me to work a bit more so we're more balanced out in our shared income if that makes sense. So, ever since I started camming I earn about the same amount each night I work on a fairly consistent basis. I only cam about 3 nights per week, but if I were to be doing it on a more full time type of schedule I could be making the same amount as what my Fiance makes at his work and he works full time. But my full time wouldn't even be the same amount of time as his full time because I make more in a shorter period. The reason we were mostly wanting to do this is because we have a daughter and he doesn't get to spend much time with her because he works graveyard shift. And since I'd be working at home I would be able to stop if I needed to do something and continue on again for a longer amount of time afterwords. But it also sucks because that means my bf wouldn't be able to enter our room for about 4-5 hours that I'll be spending on there. And I'm also worried about the days where it may be slim pickin's you know? I don't want to expect to make about the same amount every night and then have a slow day where I don't earn nearly as much as I usually do. But I guess I would just stay on longer if that was the case.

So what I'm asking is if anyone else on here has dealt with a similar situation, and what it is they decided to do, and if they would do it differently how so? Sorry for the questions we're just having a hard time figuring out where to start trying to transition. And also, has anyone struggled with it being awkward for cam model's partner's to be home when they're camming? Or awkward for the model? Perspective's and views of any kind are welcome!

You can start selling clips to make passive income to help with those slow days. I cam all the time when my husband is home. He has a pair of noise cancelling wireless headphones and plays video games while I work.

You should make a budget to get an overview on what your current spending looks like and then you can make projections for the future. Remember that this type of work does not necessarily guarantee that you will make double the amount of money just because you put in double the amount of hours. Also you need to be careful and save some of the money that you earn so you and your family don't have have to live off the half wage that your fiancé makes, incase you have a bad month or something. I hope it goes well for you so he gets to spend more time with you and your daughter.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I've never had this problem, but I've cammed with a partner in the house plenty of times without any issue. I think so long as they're cool with the job there shouldn't be an issue. I guess it depends on what you're happy with, camming is tricky as having too much pressure to work and earn can cause anxiety and other issues around it. If I were you then I would be trying out the full time hours before he goes part time and see how you handle it and what you make. If you make enough and are happy with those hours consistently then make more permanent decisions. Though I understand this could be tricky as you have a daughter. Camming can be great income, but it isn't consistent like a salary, so that's your call to make on the risk factor. I am sure you will find a way to make it work for all of you.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
How long have you been camming? Earning the same amount consistently for a month when you're new is not enough to rely on. If you've got a few months to a year under your belt and you know roughly what your income is each night, you've got better #s to make the decision based on.

As far as camming when my partner is home.. if you don't have your own cam space this can be tricky. Try and set up in the bedroom in a way that means he can sneak past/access anything that he needs to without coming into your stream or being heard. Careful with mirrors. As far as awkwardness.. it goes away with time. I was never super awkward around Duke, probly since he met me on a cam site... lol.. but when im doing privates it can be a bit weird. Lots of communication, making sure they know EXACTLY what to expect and headphones work wonders. He tunes me out..and just looks at it as work and isn't werided out by it so .. i don't let it weird me out. But if he has any issues with it, ya'll need to talk them out.

Also remember that full time camming can be really hard on your body/ mind more than some other jobs. And your hourly may go down because you'll hit dry spots in the day etc.

Thank you guys so much for your input!
I really want to make videos! That would be so fun for me too! I'll most definitely be doing that!
We usually make a budget every week because that's how often my Fiance and I get paid. But before I started camming(I've only been camming for a month) my only income was SSI disability, once a month, which I hope to not be on much longer. But now that I'm starting to get income I need to take it more seriously as a job, because making over a certain amount could have my SSI put to a halt, but I also don't want that to happen if I don't end up making enough from camming later on. But yeah making a budget is something we're normally good about.
I'm sorry I should've said earlier that being on disability is part of my concern, so if anyone has been on it too, I would love to hear about your experience.
My fiance says he doesn't have a problem with me camming, and I believe him. I just overly anxious about it sometimes. Like, I'm just worried that he'll suddenly become weird about it, even though that wouldn't make sense.
I also like the idea of maybe rearranging our room so I can maybe have my cam space in the corner of our room or something. We were also wanting to save up for an apartment house with 3 bedrooms instead of 2, so we could use the third room as a place to keep our video games and movies and just stuff we can't fit or keep in our room or living room. Sometimes planning for the future gets intense.
*Phew* I need some water.
*Goes to the kitchen and takes a swig from the milk jug instead*

Status
Not open for further replies.