AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Intermitent flashing webcam probs - MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2011
I'm trying to get a better understanding of what's causing this. I've seen this happen to several model's rooms where it looks like the cam goes from away to live and continuously does this. Some models believe it's either the webcam, the webcam software, their internet connection (ISP), an older version of flash or java, Windows, their Mac OS or their MFC software. Are there any models here that have seen or experienced this?

Everytime I see this happen to a model I feel helpless of not being able to help resolve their issue since I don't have the software the models use. The problem eventually goes away on it's own which leads me to believe it's on MFC's end but their dumbass tech support doesn't do shit to help the models that ask.

I've seen models restart their computers and swap webcams to no avail. The most recent model I've seen with this problem is Kitten18. She's on a Mac OS running bootcamp with Windows 7. I remember hollyhanna having this same problem a while back. Usually I can tell which models are having this issue just by looking at my friends list and seeing their room status go from live cam to idle repeatedly.

Mr_Wilde said:
I've seen models restart their computers and swap webcams to no avail. The most recent model I've seen with this problem is Kitten18. She's on a Mac OS running bootcamp with Windows 7. I remember hollyhanna having this same problem a while back. Usually I can tell which models are having this issue just by looking at my friends list and seeing their room status go from live cam to idle repeatedly.

Ah the disco cam (as I call it :D ).

Whenever I see it (happens every now and then) the ladies seem to just log out, log in and start cam up - all is fine.

Also seen ladies who's cam is "on" but the viewers can't see it - just get the white screen saying there is a problem instead. You can hear the model, her cam is working to her (and I assume she can see herself too) but the members can't.

For what it's worth, I repair and build computers. I often use MFC to load test the video cards along with a bunch of other stuff running at the same time.
I have noticed, that some video cards flash or are jerky, while others on the same broadband are not.
I'm guessing it's either some video cards choke on MFC or, their drivers are just shitty and the cards are up to it. I never really investigated to deeply into it.

Try updating your drivers or, swapping out to another video card.

If it's a bad video card why would it be fixed either hours or days later? I'm not doubting what your saying I'm just trying to seek out possible fixes or remedies. I've seen models log on to a completely separate machine to still have the same problem which is why I figured it was on MFCs side.

If it goes away and comes back, it could be your line coming in has a lot of noise, or it is being throttled down at certain times, or even possibly, a bad cat5 cable or a shitty wifi router/AP.

One way to narrow it down is, a night when MFC is being a laggy bitch, open a few windows with other streaming video like MSNBC and netflix, see if those behave the same, or normally smooth.

Could be any number of things, you just have to narrow it down by trial and error.

I spend most of my time eliminating possibilities.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.