AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"LiveGirl" Camsite Twitter DM // SCAM ALERT

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you think this is legitimate?

• Lol, you have to ask that? Of course not!

• Yep! Looks real to me. I'm gonna go sign up!

• Oh, the cringe~

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaThyme

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 16, 2017

I received this DM on Twitter that looks pretty suspicious.
I am afraid to click his sketchy link, so I'm not 100% certain it's a scam, but I am 99% sure and here's why...

2llj50k.jpg

>>> THE RED FLAGS <<<

1. The message comes from a Twitter user who doesn't follow me and I don't follow them
, making this completely random as I've never spoken to this dude before.

2. It is my understanding that legit camsites don't go around trying to recruit models, especially through Direct Messaging on Twitter. You find them, not the other way around. Most of the time, anyways. I am always skeptical of ANY offers or promotions from randoms that I haven't contacted first. The legit sites do not often "spam" on social media through DMs unless it's one of those annoying automated messages that gets sent when you "Follow" them or enter your e-mail address somewhere for more information or newsletters, etc.

3. He asks for my Skype
for "further communication." <-- Uh huh, sure...

4. Outrageous "guaranteed" payments.
As we all know, there are several camsites that boast about their earning potential as a way to reel in new models but there are key words and phrases that are absent here, implying you will definitely earn x-amount of dollars per week upon signing up and camming with them.

5. I have never heard of this site
on any forums or popular camgirl advice blogs and I do frequently read as many as I can find, from this forum to camgirltoolbox and ocamgirl, etc.

6. I don't know of ANY models talking about this site on Twitter or elsewhere.
If all these claims were to be true and as lucrative as this dude is trying to make it sound here, I can promise you that it would be all over every model's Twitter and it would be talked about here for sure.

7. The shortened link.
These kind of things are widely popular among hackers trying to gather data from your click such as IP Address, location, computer specifications, ISP, etc. OR to infect your computer with some sort of virus or malware that could potentially allow the hacker remote access to your device and all of your personal data stored within. Just all around a bad idea to click on links that are shortened unless they come from a site that you already know and trust like mfc.im/username.

8. The unprofessional format of spelling and grammar.

See "could u plz" for just the most obvious spelling fail here. He then goes on to spell out "your" just fine, which is amusing to say the least.

9. The greeting.
"Hey baby, You look so beautiful"

More weird punctuation and capitalization that a business professional would cringe at just reading, let alone writing that way in the first place.

10. The username has nothing to do with the alleged website that they are supposedly affiliated with in some way?

Kind of reminds me of all the fake admin scams that our beloved MyFreeCams members have tried pulling on countless camgirls in the past.
As all models hopefully already know, a real camsite admin will never contact you off-site from some obscure username or e-mail address. It will always be something like "admin@realcamsite.com" or "support@realcamsite.com"
NOT
"realcamsiteadmin@gmail.com" or "admin@reallycamesites.com"

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kiki Jane
What a marvelously formatted post!

Well thanks! ^_^"

I'm pretty sure most model's would notice right away, but for some of the newer ones who haven't got their verified status for MO section, I thought I'd put it here just in case.
Is all good. Most of these whores been dragged through the mud, I doubt you telling them anything new.

but seriously, that red pops. And the brown? too much. well done.

I checked out this link just see what the deal is. It appears to be a newer video chat app that gets 92% of its traffic from Hong Kong. Their official Twitter was created in October 2017. They have 26 followers. Seems legit! LOL

On top of that, the Twitter user "donanchou" no longer exists- account deleted. The link he provided goes to livegirl .me/?from=tw-chris

So the affiliate's name is tw-chris. If he were to do anything shady, it would be easy to report his affiliate ID to the company. That said, I can't even figure out how to sign up as an affiliate (not that I'd want to), so this company seems like a startup run by clueless amateurs somewhere in Asia. Pass, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.