AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Social Stats

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a user of MFC I Friend, Bookmark, and Hide. These are tools I use to organize. I use Friends for only those that I will return too and have spent a good amount of tokens on, Bookmark are those that I may have dialogued with, or just interest me. HIde is for those that are not my type. That is how I roll.

If I stay in a room for 5 minutes there is something of interest. Too many other options to consider so that seems to be a fair measure.

I really do not lurk, imho, I will greet the model, try to engage.

I have heard that a rule of thumb is on the internet that any time you have someone engaged for longer than 2 minutes that is a good stat for engagement.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Nope, we don't. I think @VeronicaChaos answered this perfectly:

but I'd just like to add. It's always more important to focus on the positive!
I find this interesting, having heard this from a few of you, and the reaction to it... it explains so much.

How a model can offend a member so badly he leaves her for months, but he can return to her so easily. How a member can go from regular to freeloader and just be ignored.
Spending is just from boredom to entertain himself because there is no one else as easy/ convenient, or because she offers a discounted thrill.
For the model not to even notice it, I've always wondered about that. They just don't see it, they are focusing on the positive.

I can see how it may be missed actually, but I can say the difference between a member returning for his own pleasure or because he has the money again, compared to that out of convenience is miles apart in every way. I would want to know.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I found your post to be a little, no a lot, confusing. :confused:

How a member can go from regular to freeloader and just be ignored.

To me the definition of a freeloader is someone who does not talk in public chat. The definition of a regular is someone who is often in your room and does not freeload. You can't digress from regular to freeloader, in order to can the status of "regular" you have to be participating.

Second, I've never seen a model ignore a regular unless he requests it specifically. Why freeloaders don't get the royal treatment is fairly obvious based on my last statement.

Spending is just from boredom to entertain himself because there is no one else as easy/ convenient

I find this offensive to both models and members. Maybe you tip out of boredom, but most people are on MFC to get to interact, have a good time, and be naughty all at the same time!

And calling models "easy" -- :stop: -- that's very insulting. We are people too. People with these opinions are the bad apples of the cam world.

For the model not to even notice it, I've always wondered about that. They just don't see it, they are focusing on the positive.

For the model to not notice what? Being a model takes a great amount of skill. You have to be fun, entertaining, and know how to multi-task like you wouldn't believe. With that said I haven't met a model who hasn't noticed/acknowledged her regulars. And I know personally speaking, I am always trying to get freeloaders to become talkers. That's just one of the things I meant when I said focus on the positive.

Always staying positive despite slow days, trolls, loss of friendships (yes we get sad when we build a relationship with a member and they leave the site for one reason or another) and all the other hard-knocks that come from camming.

People join cam sites not because they are bored but to have a good time, and it's our job to provide that fun, loving, sexy atmosphere that they seek.

I can see how it may be missed actually

Again, missed what exactly?

Lastly, I have no idea what any of your latest comments have to do with MFC stats. :facepalm:

My point was that the social stats mean something... as does the stats where a member removes himself from them after initially opting in. They are incomplete.

As a member I opt out moderately often, even if this is an uncommon thing to do.
I always thought it may be noticed,but I was obviously wrong due to the positive outlook... hence my point earlier.

It really isn't so confusing. I genuinely find this fascinating.

Surely the concept of fun without really liking someone is not unusual in the model world. We don't need to like a model to take advantage of a good thing. I may hate myself a little for it, but less so if I don't like the model that much.

As a social stat., members who you waste your time on, but are not worth so much would be worth knowing. I have many models who call for my attention but I wont spend on. They think I will, but I most likely wont.

Last edited:
I find this interesting, having heard this from a few of you, and the reaction to it... it explains so much.

How a model can offend a member so badly he leaves her for months, but he can return to her so easily. How a member can go from regular to freeloader and just be ignored.
Spending is just from boredom to entertain himself because there is no one else as easy/ convenient, or because she offers a discounted thrill.
For the model not to even notice it, I've always wondered about that.

As a member I opt out moderately often, even if this is an uncommon thing to do.
I always thought it may be noticed,but I was obviously wrong

I am not sure I understand what you mean correctly. Are you asking about a pattern like this?

Member finds model > Member tips model > Model engages with member > Member moves on and stops tipping > Model ignores member

Is that the pattern you are asking about?

I can understand for some people, especially those who tend to be regulars of a model for a long time, when they run out of money or for any reason stop tipping the model it can feel like a cold shower to realize she doesn't even ask them what is up. Because it snaps him out of the fantasy that the model cares about them as people beyond the commercial relationship. It puts the relationship back into perspective: camming is business.

If this is what you are asking about, I will explain this phenomenon to you:

If you are a guy that "opts out" often as you put it up there, no model will know you long enough to care about you. To her, you are just your tokens. Even if she likes your personality she is dealing with 100s of guys who have positive qualities, she surely cannot care for all the people she interacts with in her chatroom on a daily basis. So just as you "opt out" easily, she lets you go just as easily.

Members who are regulars and who stick long enough to form bonds might find a different scenario. When a model likes a member, and I am not talking about "liking him" in a romantic way, just like him as a person, respecting him, etc, she will sometimes go out of her way to accommodate him. If he suddenly stops visiting she might even miss him and ask him what is going on. Perhaps you havent experienced this side of camming since you lose interest fast.

Then, there are members who even when they are regulars the model doesn't like them and the relationship is strictly commercial. In some specific cases she might even be glad that the person is gone so she surely wont go after them to ask them what is going on. She might mourn the loss of tokens, but she doesn't miss the person. So why would he chase him.

Personally I will never go out of my way to ask a member why he doesn't visits me anymore. Because it is just awkward. First of all it makes me feel like I am a clingy girlfriend intruding in their personal space. What if the guy ran out of money? He certainly doesnt want to explain that to me. What if turns out he has a wife and she found out about his camming habit? That is not a conversation I want to have. What if he simply moved on and lost interest in me? Why would I want to be in a position where I have to acknowledge not being attractive to the member anymore? It is just such a vulnerable position to be in and I wont do it for someone I dont care about.

Now, if there is a member I have known for a long time, and I actually like him and care about him then sure, I might go out of my way to shoot them an email and ask them if they are okay or what is up if they suddenly vanish without a trace. But in my experience ignoring this is the best route because the ones who like you will come back when they have money or whatever circumstance is keeping them from visiting you is over. If the member doesnt like you he wont come back no matter how clingy you are.

@Kitsune way off. I am referring to a model (even once a favourite, perhaps for years) you once liked and spent on, that you still sometimes spend on (or not) but no longer like much anymore. Someone you may have removed from your friends list even, but she still pursues you.
You don't care if she ignores you, you can insult her or get banned, you may throw her the occasional token crumb for a kick, but other models get the biscuit.

A model who bans such a member, but he likes her, is usually in a far better position long term than this model with the member.

I was talking of those members who get to know the model well enough to dislike her but because they know her, not bother to leave. They may show up in the social stats. Some models would be highly disliked after being liked, I know a few of them.

Last edited:
@Kitsune way off. I am referring to a model (even once a favourite, perhaps for years) you once liked and spent on, that you still sometimes spend on (or not) but no longer like much anymore. Someone you may have removed from your friends list even, but she still pursues you.
You don't care if she ignores you, you can insult her or get banned, you may throw her the occasional token crumb for a kick, but other models get the biscuit.

A model who bans such a member, but he likes her, is usually in a far better position long term than this model with the member.

I was talking of those members who get to know the model well enough to dislike her but because they know her, not bother to leave. They may show up in the social stats. Some models would be highly disliked after being liked, I know a few of them.

Oh, okay, I have no clue what you mean then, you must be referring to a very specific personal experience.

I think most people just stop spending on models they no longer like. If a model is chasing you like you say then you can put her on hide/ignore in exactly the same way a model can do to a member.

Also if a model is going through her stats she is likely going to be looking at trends involving many people. The stats arent going to tell her anything about why one long term person stopped coming by.

Now to get back to the actual subject, here's an interesting tidbit!

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 11.49.33 AM.png

Note less hours online, but higher Miss MFC rank = more unique views (as well as friend adds, etc.). My takeaway from this is that yes, being higher ranked does get you more attention and viewers/adds. It isn't necessarily just "putting in the hours" that does the magic, there are bonuses to being high ranked and having a high token flow going on in your room, clearly.

Now to get back to the actual subject, here's an interesting tidbit!

View attachment 65323

Note less hours online, but higher Miss MFC rank = more unique views (as well as friend adds, etc.). My takeaway from this is that yes, being higher ranked does get you more attention and viewers/adds. It isn't necessarily just "putting in the hours" that does the magic, there are bonuses to being high ranked and having a high token flow going on in your room, clearly.

That is the power of the stats, it clarifies what is effective and not effective. Strategy to monetize off of any internet business has to learn and follow such information. It is not always the "conventional wisdom." You can never forget the platform, MFC, is trying to maximum what i can monetize Hence the rank system. It cost MFC to give bandwidth and resources to all models. they promote those that monetize the most. Also remember that MFC makes its money when it sells tokens, models get paid when they get tokens, well a few days after that. I do wonder what relationship is between the ranking system and when members click on buy tokens when they are in a models room.

From your stat report I am an oddball, I save "friend" for only those that I would be considered a regular for and bookmark a bunch. Another stat that would be interesting is the stats of the below average member, average member and above average member. What would the highest 15% member spend, what would there stats look like. . Those numbers exist but MFC would have to share but may be reluctant since it could freak out the member how much mfc knows about member behavior.

Ok enough of my rambling.
Swoob

Status
Not open for further replies.