AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC: Standing VS Sitting??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2017
Narnia
Twitter Username
@belle101thacher
MFC Username
BabyB225
Chaturbate Username
BabyB225
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000376697/BabyBelleThacher/
Hey everyone!
So one thing Ive always wondered and have heard differing opinions on is whether you should be standing while on MFC or sitting relaxed?
Models, do you find you make more money or have a more lively room in general when you stand compared to when you sit? or is there not really a difference?
Members, do you prefer a girl to stand and kinda move around while viewing girls on MFC? Or does it not really matter to you?
Thanks in advance, any and all input is appreciated! :cat:

I am not a model.

As a member I prefer both! What I dislike is being static your entire broadcast. Sometimes it's nice when a model gets up from her desk and shows off her body, dances for a song or two, on the other hand, sometimes it's nice when they sit and get involved in a discussion. I think the only wrong answer here is if you just stay in the same position all broadcast.

I got a lot more freeloaders and basics in my room when I'd stand up and dance.

But if you're pulling real shifts of over 4-6 hours you should probably be switching it up. Sitting for long periods of time isn't healthy and standing for your whole shift can be exhausting. Mix it up and do both. Hell, even profit off it, add "stand up" and "dance to the song of your choice" and similar active things to your tip menu. Those were really successful for me, once I started dancing for one member others would tip for it and when I was done I got to sit back down.

Overall I didn't notice a huge difference in profit between sitting and standing (but yes, more viewers when standing) you can make shows where you're only sitting interesting too!

I'd say the best advice would be to switch things up every so often to keep things interesting. A lot of people enjoy active entertainment and a lot enjoy the "intimacy" of just sitting and chatting.

Last edited:
I generally only do shifts of 2-3 hours (only because camming currently isnt my only job and most days ive already worked anywhere from 4-8 hours at my retail job where I am standing the whole time) but I do plan to make camming my full time and only job soon (just have to grow a pair of balls and put in my two weeks at my retail job :woops:) and I currently sit in a big recliner with a fluffy pillow blanket (its a floor pillow but I personally made it and I really shouldve put more stuffing in it lol sooo its a floor pillow with too little stuffing or a blanket with too much stuffing) and I do kinda wiggle around and switch positions in the chair and dance a little and such but it just seems standing models have so much more traffic. I have been thinking of setting things up so I have space to both sit in the fluffy chair and stand and move and from your answers it seems thats the right idea!
Ive never thought of making it so people could tip me to sit and or to stand/dance!!! thats a great idea!

I kneel on the floor or stand most of the time. Sitting or laying on a bed for prolonged time = me get verrrrrry lazy
Thats another reason I may start standing... I get so lazy in that pillow blanket... it just swallows me up like a little nest and its so comfy im like I could sleep like this...but I prob shouldnt sleep like this:shake:

Thats another reason I may start standing... I get so lazy in that pillow blanket... it just swallows me up like a little nest and its so comfy im like I could sleep like this...but I prob shouldnt sleep like this:shake:

The few times i've felt like sitting a small stool worked wonders. It was easy to use as a prop, still showed my full body and forced good posture but was esier than standing for hrs.

A laptop cart was the best thing ever though... with adjustable heights

The few times i've felt like sitting a small stool worked wonders. It was easy to use as a prop, still showed my full body and forced good posture but was esier than standing for hrs.

A laptop cart was the best thing ever though... with adjustable heights
OMG I totally have stools too! Idk why Ive never thought of that I even used one as a prop in a custom photo set, Thank you so so much for aiding my brain in putting two and two together :rock:

I alternate. Sit, stand, dance around, stretch like a cat on the floor. The only time I'm really still is when I feel crappy and probably shouldn't be on cam anyway. Those are the nights I just chat with my regs and play something simple where people can win prizes (premade content and Snapchat usually). They usually don't go over too well, but I can say I tried.

I switch between kneeling, sitting, and standing throughout my stream, as well as moving my camera around to 2 or 3 places per stream. I figure different angles will attract different people when looking at my preview. Also if someone's hovered over my preview a few times, seeing something slightly different than the previous time they looked may entice them to come see what's happening. I get more viewers when standing, but more tips when it's just my face on the screen (probably because that's when I'm talking and engaging, people rarely tip when I'm teasing).

From a member's perspective, just be natural in what you do. If you need to get up and move about, do so. Want to sit and chat, that's cool to. About the only thing that I really don't like is just sitting there, with the camera so close/zoomed you're unable to see anything else.

This may sound odd. But, I enjoy seeing other's environments they are in. For example, some models have a really nice setup cam room with different things on the wall or furniture that piques my interest. One of the models on MFC has homemade furniture, which I thought was cool and inquired about. Can help to raise participation in the room.

Doesn't make a difference to me. Usually I'm lounging in my office chair but I'll get up and do silly things from time to time just to stretch (my back hurts awful bad sitting for too long). My motto is: if you're comfortable, they're comfortable.

I generally only do shifts of 2-3 hours (only because camming currently isnt my only job and most days ive already worked anywhere from 4-8 hours at my retail job where I am standing the whole time) but I do plan to make camming my full time and only job soon (just have to grow a pair of balls and put in my two weeks at my retail job :woops:) and I currently sit in a big recliner with a fluffy pillow blanket (its a floor pillow but I personally made it and I really shouldve put more stuffing in it lol sooo its a floor pillow with too little stuffing or a blanket with too much stuffing) and I do kinda wiggle around and switch positions in the chair and dance a little and such but it just seems standing models have so much more traffic. I have been thinking of setting things up so I have space to both sit in the fluffy chair and stand and move and from your answers it seems thats the right idea!
Ive never thought of making it so people could tip me to sit and or to stand/dance!!! thats a great idea!

its funny you mention the floor blanket because I was seriously looking at dog beds yesterday to have a sort of floor blanket or two..
they have them in tons of plush fabrics and girl colors- all stuff my dogs would destroy..lol

Reactions: BelleThacher
From a member's perspective, just be natural in what you do. If you need to get up and move about, do so. Want to sit and chat, that's cool to. About the only thing that I really don't like is just sitting there, with the camera so close/zoomed you're unable to see anything else.

This may sound odd. But, I enjoy seeing other's environments they are in. For example, some models have a really nice setup cam room with different things on the wall or furniture that piques my interest. One of the models on MFC has homemade furniture, which I thought was cool and inquired about. Can help to raise participation in the room.

one of the first models I watched for anything length of time for ideas moved from a living room- to her kitchen- to her bathroom and honestly it was kinda fun
she also played giant jenga and it was perversely riveting because the tower got craaaazy tall and was perilously perched on one block on the bottom

yesterday while shopping I also saw a giant champagne cork the size of a bistro table, and a wine cork as the chair...
and if they're still there next week I'm totally buying them as props and funny furniture
I have a wine cellar so this fits with my personality really well.

solid cork too- they were heavy!

Reactions: baileyhawke
its funny you mention the floor blanket because I was seriously looking at dog beds yesterday to have a sort of floor blanket or two..
they have them in tons of plush fabrics and girl colors- all stuff my dogs would destroy..lol
I actually never thought to check out dog beds but Im sure itd work just the same! I kinda wanted to be able to choose the color and fabric and all so I just got a few yards of material and some stuffing and sewed it all up myself, I did make it so I could add more stuffing easily if I wanted I just havent gotten to the store to do it and its not super high on my priority list. My main concern was that the floor was hurting me haha and my viewers were wondering why I had all these red patches on me and Im like "oh thats from sitting on the carpet its kinda scratchy and well Im very pale" :blush:

Reactions: SophiaSophia
one of the first models I watched for anything length of time for ideas moved from a living room- to her kitchen- to her bathroom and honestly it was kinda fun
she also played giant jenga and it was perversely riveting because the tower got craaaazy tall and was perilously perched on one block on the bottom

I think a lot of it depends on the model, and the guest in the room as to how well things work. I enjoy making the room as enjoyable for the models as I feel they do for me. Kind of feed of each other, and when the room drops down a bit, one does something to pick it back up. Kind of like being with someone for drinks, or hanging out if you will.

Hope you find something that will work for you, Sophia. :)

Reactions: SophiaSophia
From a member viewpoint I don't think it matters if you're sitting or standing. For me if the model is engaging or the room is active it's not a big deal.

When the atmosphere feels down or less interactive then I could see it being more of an issue if the model is just sitting or laying down.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I am not a model.

As a member I prefer both! What I dislike is being static your entire broadcast. Sometimes it's nice when a model gets up from her desk and shows off her body, dances for a song or two, on the other hand, sometimes it's nice when they sit and get involved in a discussion. I think the only wrong answer here is if you just stay in the same position all broadcast.
This entirely. Sitting and standing, whatever, just don't do one thing the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.