AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pricing Spy Rate on Privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised there are no notifications, but then again that does explain why they call it "spying".

For anyone not familiar with privates, if you have the model send you a PM when you initiate the private, and you conduct the conversation in the PM tab, that conversation will be saved when you exit the private. Otherwise your conversation is vaporized.

That's a great use of notifiers for marketing. You gave me a few ideas thanks.

So your estimate of about five viewers spying is based just on your casual review of those records? Or are you running some kind of report against that to tabulate and summarize data?

That's really strange. :) It's out of scope for my question, but I cannot resist: If those users pop up 100% of the time, I think that is some kind of automation and someone is recording the show. If those people just tend to be on 60% of the time, I am thinking it might be one of your regulars but using a separate username for spying (which is pretty paranoid but okay if they are *obsessed* with you then maybe they do not want you to know this...just speculating).

Okay, and what is your memory about the number of viewers you had at the lower spy rate?

This is a dynamic that I have only started to understand in the last month. I see in many rooms how a model going private totally destroys the energy and momentum building in the room. And it is particularly destructive when the private happens in the middle of a token frenzy where you have two or three people throwing large tips around at the same time. Going to private feels like a bit of a slap against the high bidders who are left behind, who really wanted to keep interacting with you. So I am very much warming up to this idea of privates being 60 tokens, both to extend the amount of time in public chat but also to make sure that if you are forced away from public chat that this will really be great money and therefore a no-brainer to do.
Ugh. This is starting to make my head hurt. Lol. Your model should really join the forum and get this information first hand.
1-No. I have no fancy reports that I look at. I look through my Token stats for the time period during the private to get the information I need, after I stop broadcasting.
2-My only memory of when I had the lower spy rate was that I was a very new model with less than 10k followers. So not knowing any better I set it and the private show rate low. Not as many spies that I can remember. I also didn’t even turn on my “private” option until I had been camming for around 3 months.
3-yes, I did say I set the private show cost per minute to “discourage” too many requests. But mostly so it would make sense to take it if I had a room full of people. But if the tokens are flowing in the public chat and goals are getting met rapidly, I will politely decline a request for a private, as I don’t think it’s fair to everyone who’s been tipping to see those goals met. If my room count is low or tips are slow, is the only time I take them now. So many of my regular private requesters will request it as soon as I log on or wait until I start saying my goodbyes.

Ugh. This is starting to make my head hurt. Lol. Your model should really join the forum and get this information first hand.

Yeah, I tend to do that to people. I may have to start offering free aspirin with every conversation here. lol

The models I follow are typically Easter Europeans with poor English skills. And unfortunately many of them have poor initiative for self improvement. They wouldn't sign up for ACF if I paid them.

My favorite model could be a top 100 MFC model in six months if she focused, wanted it, and put pedal to the metal. But she doesn't want it. Instead, she wants to be a college student who dreams about a future high tech job and just does modeling as a side job to help pay for school. She puts zero time into her profile and her menu and developing her performance. She doesn't actually comprehend her power with men, or maybe that doesn't really matter to her.

I fully comprehend her power with men and I fully comprehend her potential at this activity. That creates a difficult situation for me. If I push her that stresses her out and hurts our relationship as friends. If I say nothing then I can continue to improve the relationship with her, but I will feel horrible knowing that this girl is making $1K per month when she should be making $10K. I have to walk a tightrope where I let her improve at a pace that is comfortable to her, which is a pace that is agonizingly slow for me.

Based on this thread alone, I am convinced that 60 tokens per hour makes sense for her (and for many other models). So for now I am her way of getting this wisdom.

What the fuck bro, leave her alone!
My favorite model could be a top 100 MFC model in six months if she focused, wanted it, and put pedal to the metal. But she doesn't want it. Instead, she wants to be a college student who dreams about a future high tech job and just does modeling as a side job to help pay for school.

She asks me to help her. Should I ignore her? The issue is figuring out the right pace for her needs and wants.
She wants you to tip her/etc. clearly she doesn’t want you pushing her to cam differently.

She wants you to tip her/etc. clearly she doesn’t want you pushing her to cam differently.

So when she tells me - repeatedly and clearly - "I need help developing my show and I want to make more money here. Can you help me?" am I supposed to assume that is a lie and I should not help her? I went out of my way in my post to say I did NOT want to push her faster than her ability to absorb the help.

So when she tells me - repeatedly and clearly - "I need help developing my show and I want to make more money here. Can you help me?" am I supposed to assume that is a lie and I should not help her? I went out of my way in my post to say I did NOT want to push her faster than her ability to absorb the help.
You specifically said that she didn’t want to do the things that you recommended that she do. So yeah, I would just stop trying to convince her to change the way that she cams.

You speak her language right?

You specifically said that she didn’t want to do the things that you recommended that she do. So yeah, I would just stop trying to convince her to change the way that she cams.

No I did not say that. I said she could be top 100 MFC and does not want that. She wants the benefits of making more money and improving her performance, but she wants those benefits without investing the required time to do it. That's maybe her laziness or more likely her lack of time due to college pressures. She specifically asks me to help her. So I do that, but I have to do that at the pace *she* wants, not the pace I want.

95% of our conversations are in her language.
And you use a translator or are you fluent? Starting to get the feeling there is something lost in translation.

And you use a translator or are you fluent? Starting to get the feeling there is something lost in translation.

I am not fluent. But she is extremely bright, and we invest a lot of time in communicating and in testing that we understand each other's communication. If these were casual conversations I would agree with your point. But there are too many communications that all confirm each other for it to be possible to have that large of a misunderstanding.

As an example of this, when we agreed to work on her menu and profile, I actually had her set up test accounts and we invested in prototyping things in those accounts. I put in change control so she could visibly see each and every change being made over time. All of this was done so that she would be able to object or approve of each and every idea. If she had ignored this or said anything negative, I would have walked. Her feedback was overwhelmingly positive at every step in that process. Her comments were things like "This is great." "I love this." "I understand exactly what you are trying to do here." When she objects to any change, I usually just give her that and acknowledge her decision and back it out.

The problem is not what we are doing. The problem is pace. I could move her 10 times faster than she wants to move, but I am not going to do that. I am going to sit on my hands, and this is her life, her show, and she needs to take initiative and want the things I am able to do for her.

IIRC, one of the models here mentioned that you can set it where they have to have a minimum amount of tokens to request a private. I don't know if it holds them to it, or if they can bail before that amount is spent. But, i seem to recall someone saying that it's helped cut down on the number of people who skip out early as well as false requests.

From a MFC member's perspective, I don't like people spying on my privates and only do TruePrivates (10 minutes is my minimum unless have to leave in an emergency for work, etc). Sometimes because we chat about things, and I don't like random people listening in. Rarely will I spy on a private since I like to think it's meant as a private time between model and member. I don't mind the 80Tpvt/60Pvt/30Spy rates. But, I would think it'd be better if some of the pricing control was given to the models so they can adjust as they feel appropriate. Also, regarding duration, I have no issues with a model stating a ten minute minimum. Or, even a small up-front charge before doing so. Though, I think the 500 token up front is crazy to charge if a model may also have a 10 minute minimum (how busy a room might be is also a consideration here). But, the up front charge I've seen models no longer charge once you've done a couple of privates because they know you won't skip out early.

i definetly think a minimum time amount is the right thing. yes it has ups and downs. as model can promise things and not do... this industry is so not trustworthy... we will never find an acceptable midway...

I am not fluent. But she is extremely bright, and we invest a lot of time in communicating and in testing that we understand each other's communication. If these were casual conversations I would agree with your point. But there are too many communications that all confirm each other for it to be possible to have that large of a misunderstanding.

As an example of this, when we agreed to work on her menu and profile, I actually had her set up test accounts and we invested in prototyping things in those accounts. I put in change control so she could visibly see each and every change being made over time. All of this was done so that she would be able to object or approve of each and every idea. If she had ignored this or said anything negative, I would have walked. Her feedback was overwhelmingly positive at every step in that process. Her comments were things like "This is great." "I love this." "I understand exactly what you are trying to do here." When she objects to any change, I usually just give her that and acknowledge her decision and back it out.

The problem is not what we are doing. The problem is pace. I could move her 10 times faster than she wants to move, but I am not going to do that. I am going to sit on my hands, and this is her life, her show, and she needs to take initiative and want the things I am able to do for her.

You sound like a nightmare.

@Smores what do you get out of all of this? Seriously. You don't strike me as the type to be like "BB I'll help you if you give me free shows." So what are you getting out of investing THIS MUCH time into helping models.

I wouldn't say I am investing that much time. A lot of what I am doing is activity that is second nature for me because of my background in technology.

I am a polyamorous person. I like complex and non-obvious relationships with people. I am really particular and specific about the personality types of people I want to interact with deeply. Out of 200 models, I might find two who I like enough to want to get to know them deeply. If they give back the same energy I give them, great. If I care for someone enough to spend time talking to them and learning about their life, and they come to me and ask "what can I do to improve my results here?" I am going to offer help. Caring about people is not rocket science. I shouldn't have to justify it.

Is there any answer to your question that you would accept? It feels like every other post in this group was just a blatant cheap shot at me.

I wouldn't say I am investing that much time. A lot of what I am doing is activity that is second nature for me because of my background in technology.

I am a polyamorous person. I like complex and non-obvious relationships with people. I am really particular and specific about the personality types of people I want to interact with deeply. Out of 200 models, I might find two who I like enough to want to get to know them deeply. If they give back the same energy I give them, great. If I care for someone enough to spend time talking to them and learning about their life, and they come to me and ask "what can I do to improve my results here?" I am going to offer help. Caring about people is not rocket science. I shouldn't have to justify it.

Is there any answer to your question that you would accept? It feels like every other post in this group was just a blatant cheap shot at me.
hey i apreciat ethis thread as we exchange opinions and its only to win for at least us not really stars on sites( i mean Mila doesnt need this thread)
Now as background story im camming for almost 8 years, i started when in Romania they put u in front of a can and say ok now u do it ( wtf? do what lol ) anyway i do it my way and its hard to change me, but as u said i do see camming as a bussiness and im sure most of succesfull girls here see it like that. in the end if u dont see it as bussiness ur just wasting ur time. its investing/gaining. its play with price to get profits. but its not A SINGLE way to do it. what works for me wotn work for @Natalie_Lavender or @CurvyJ we all are diferent. sry gals to tag you, but seemed fit

hey i apreciat ethis thread as we exchange opinions and its only to win for at least us not really stars on sites( i mean Mila doesnt need this thread)

Thank you for appreciating something and being positive. I think this thread was really good and helpful to other models before it got derailed. I hope it can help many people make more money.

Now as background story im camming for almost 8 years, i started when in Romania they put u in front of a can and say ok now u do it ( wtf? do what lol )

You nailed it. That's exactly the point. The studios are taking these Eastern European girls and just drop kicking them in front of cameras. No one has a business or marketing strategy for them to follow. There is no guidance. They just swim or die on their own. It is not a big surprise that occasionally one of these models will just ask for help. The studio should be doing all of this for them, and it does not.

In any case, I am not a studio manager and that job sounds like the seventh level of hell to me. It's not a job I want. I want to help a very small number of people I now consider friends who have no way to get good information on their own. I should not be hated for that.

No the first post was a joke. The second one could be considered a cheap shot I'm sure. But the first one was definitely a joke.

Yeah, I tend to do that to people. I may have to start offering free aspirin with every conversation here. lol

The models I follow are typically Easter Europeans with poor English skills. And unfortunately many of them have poor initiative for self improvement. They wouldn't sign up for ACF if I paid them.

My favorite model could be a top 100 MFC model in six months if she focused, wanted it, and put pedal to the metal. But she doesn't want it. Instead, she wants to be a college student who dreams about a future high tech job and just does modeling as a side job to help pay for school. She puts zero time into her profile and her menu and developing her performance. She doesn't actually comprehend her power with men, or maybe that doesn't really matter to her.

I fully comprehend her power with men and I fully comprehend her potential at this activity. That creates a difficult situation for me. If I push her that stresses her out and hurts our relationship as friends. If I say nothing then I can continue to improve the relationship with her, but I will feel horrible knowing that this girl is making $1K per month when she should be making $10K. I have to walk a tightrope where I let her improve at a pace that is comfortable to her, which is a pace that is agonizingly slow for me.

Based on this thread alone, I am convinced that 60 tokens per hour makes sense for her (and for many other models). So for now I am her way of getting this wisdom.

We talked about this before, you NEED to STOP assisting models who do not want to put time nor effort into their modeling. They're using you, and you're letting them do it.

I'm not sure what's worse, people getting lost and hung up "in love" with cam models. Or, you who gives all the time and effort to them to make money...

No I did not say that. I said she could be top 100 MFC and does not want that. She wants the benefits of making more money and improving her performance, but she wants those benefits without investing the required time to do it. That's maybe her laziness or more likely her lack of time due to college pressures. She specifically asks me to help her. So I do that, but I have to do that at the pace *she* wants, not the pace I want.

Run away! Run far away and don't look back. She's using your kindness against you...

@Smores what do you get out of all of this? Seriously. You don't strike me as the type to be like "BB I'll help you if you give me free shows." So what are you getting out of investing THIS MUCH time into helping models.
Power trip.

I honestly can't imagine what kind of background in technology you have when you come here asking us for instructions for every little thing to pass on to models, etc. Including not being able to figure out the new Gmail. Can you also not figure out how to work Google? (Ok, that's a cheap shot...) But what's "much time"? You start SO many threads here.

Did you answer anywhere here (or have you ever said?) whether you tip these models (fairly, one hopes, for the amount of time they're giving you)? Also, I feel like there's a pretty good chance that many of them play along with what they quickly establish your game is, hoping that you might be a good supporter in a much more helpful way than acting like a nightmare studio manager.

I also don't think you seem like the type to try for free shows. But I don't know a term for a "Captain Save a Ho" who doesn't actually try to get girls out of the business? Other than white knight/mansplainer/etc.

I honestly can't imagine what kind of background in technology you have when you come here asking us for instructions for every little thing to pass on to models, etc. Including not being able to figure out the new Gmail. Can you also not figure out how to work Google? (Ok, that's a cheap shot...) But what's "much time"? You start SO many threads here.

Did you answer anywhere here (or have you ever said?) whether you tip these models (fairly, one hopes, for the amount of time they're giving you)? Also, I feel like there's a pretty good chance that many of them play along with what they quickly establish your game is, hoping that you might be a good supporter in a much more helpful way than acting like a nightmare studio manager.

I also don't think you seem like the type to try for free shows. But I don't know a term for a "Captain Save a Ho" who doesn't actually try to get girls out of the business? Other than white knight/mansplainer/etc.

I don't think it's any of those. he did mention in a previous post that it's about helping people he considers friends, and seeing them make a better life for themselves. But, for myself, it seems like he allows himself to get drawn in too easily/quickly and has a difficult time cutting loose when he knows they're taking advantage of him or not grasping it (either legitimately or acting as such). Or, if he does cut one loose to sink or swim on their own, he maybe finds another to fill the void.

Could be way off base on this. But, I had a model trying to do the same thing with me, and after a short period of seeing her not get it I more or less cut ties because I'm not going to support someone who can't do it on their own. It's their business, they need to take the reigns at some point. Whethere they successfully learn how to drive the buggy, or go careening off the edge of the cliff because they don't know how to steer it, that's their own damn fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.