AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Profile creation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021
Just starting out in the world of profile creation.. after some reading and research, very very slowly getting a slight understanding...im more a graphic design person, but i was wondering IF there was way to remotely updating a profile without having to continually editing the code. eg have an image that could be updated and uploaded.
i thought about imgur but that changes the URL each time a new post is uploaded so wouldnt work.

just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions if this was even possible?

Thanks

Just starting out in the world of profile creation.. after some reading and research, very very slowly getting a slight understanding...im more a graphic design person, but i was wondering IF there was way to remotely updating a profile without having to continually editing the code. eg have an image that could be updated and uploaded.
i thought about imgur but that changes the URL each time a new post is uploaded so wouldnt work.

just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions if this was even possible?

Thanks
emmm, yes it is possible to "remotely" change the content of a design when using images.
First suggestion is using your own host (you'll need huge bandwidth) and uploaded images will behave naturally, the url stays the same if the name of the image is the same
Example:
on your design the image path is https://some-host-you-have-access.com/image-square-red.png - and the image shows a red square
When edit the image offline, instead of red square you draw a blue circle, don't change the name of the image upload it online and the path will be'
image-square-red.png - and the image shows a blue circle
Another issue with own hosting is the bandwidth and http requests and CDN / cloud or similar environment doesn't solve much because of the hash added to graphics upon upload.

Another suggestion can be github but it's tricky because:
1. github is not a hosting provider
2. the repository will be public therefore someone can replace what the image shows up with something else. Like in above example you wanted a red square but shows cat instead
3. github doesn't like nfsw graphics and content unless servs a higher purpose like "team/group" projects with constant workflow, bla bla bla ...

Basically a non dynamic url, a static URL path for images.

Might be other solutions but all the rest need huge amount of $$$$ --- monthly investment like AWS and a couple of scripts to run along.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.