AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Razer Streaming (Razer Kiyo webcam with ring light)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2012
NY
Razer announced Razer Kiyo, as part of their Built For Streaming product line. It's being released along side the Razer Seiren X USB super cardiod pickup phantom powered microphone.

kiyo_04_gallery.jpg

Razer Kiyo is 99 USD camera with USB 2.0, and a 4 Megapixel sensor. The camera can stream up 1080p at 30fps using H.264. It has auto Focus, 81.6 FOV, and can be clipped on to screens or mounted on tripod via camera screw. And has a 4.9-foot USB cable.

kiyo_03_gallery.jpg

The built-in LED ring light is 12 white LED and is powered by the single usb cable of the camera. The ring light as 12 levels of adjustable brightness. Specs list the Color Temperature is 6500 "daylight". LED are covered by a plastic Diffuser they're calling "milky white". And is rated to be as bright as 10 Lux @ 1m brightness.

Kiyo is being advertised as supporting OBS. And requires windows 7 or higher. It's plug in play, Not requiring additional drivers to be installed.

Razer Kiyo VS Logitech C922
The camera is similar to the Logitech C922. Both cameras are 99 USD, 1080, 30 fps, USB 2.0, clip or tripod mount, And have dual built in mic.
The logitech C922 has a 1 foot longer cord. Razer lists the camera as 20 step autofocus, (razer doesn't list theirs)n. And has software to adjust color, brightness, temperature, extra.
Razer Kiyo is 4 megpixel, which is twice the megapixels as the C922 which 2 megapixels. And has the 20 step built in LED. AT 81 FOV, it's just slightly wider FOV, only 3 degree difference.

Yeah I can't wait to see some review videos, this video leaves a bit to be desired, I'd like to see the actual footage from the cam haha. It looks really nice from what I can see at the end there though.

streamate bbs: if it's similar to c922, i don't think sm's shit can handle it.
The c922 doesn't work on SM? Any idea why? Does the Brio not work either?

@AudriTwo @Ms_Gingersnatch

Allot of cameras are having problems with the latest windows 10 update. Because they accidentally removed h.264. Installing the new MS Media Pack can some time fix this. Or Rolling back to the older version of windows 10 is a temp solution.

I hear the work around for the c922 in xpslit it create a new presentation, in setting change from yuy2 to mjpeg and set 720p, and if your still having issues disable low light compensation.

AdobeFMLE is a dead product. Adobe is killing flash. It's hard to say how much effort adobe is going to put into a product they're discontinuing. It's probable going to start having more and more issues as time goes on. ManyCam, xplit, might be the best way to work around FMLE issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.