AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

safety concerns from a brand new camgirl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2015
California
Twitter Username
@kerisapurrs
Tumblr Username
kerisapurrs
MFC Username
kerisapurrs
Streamate Username
kerisapurrs
I am a new camgirl and I need some advice from some seasoned veterans. Any input would be immensely appreciated. Heres my questions:
1. I'm worried about a fan being too attached and I don't want to break character because we are doing a roleplay type relationship but I am worried that he wants a real thing. I'm in a real relationship and feel nervous about this. Any advice or suggestions on this would make my life easier please & thank you
2. I know some sites have a feature where fans can send you gifts but unfortunately the site I am currently on does not. Does anyone know how I could have someone send me things without knowing which town I live in? I live in a small town and I don't want people finding out where I live.
3. If anyone has any suggestions on toys or props that are must haves for a starting model that would also be very helpful. Thank you :h: :-*

When you start you can get verified and access models only especially for answers to question 3.
kerisapurrs said:
1. I'm worried about a fan being too attached and I don't want to break character because we are doing a roleplay type relationship but I am worried that he wants a real thing. I'm in a real relationship and feel nervous about this. Any advice or suggestions on this would make my life easier please & thank you.
I am not sure you can really prevent members from becoming too attached. My only suggestion would be to restrict games where members can confuse the relationship, in short to keep your camming ethical and maintain appropriate boundaries.
Most of the top models do this very well, so watch for how they chat to their members.

kerisapurrs said:
2. I know some sites have a feature where fans can send you gifts but unfortunately the site I am currently on does not. Does anyone know how I could have someone send me things without knowing which town I live in? I live in a small town and I don't want people finding out where I live.
You will want a mail redirecting service, for a small town a PO box may not give you the privacy you need.

kerisapurrs said:
3. If anyone has any suggestions on toys or props that are must haves for a starting model that would also be very helpful.
The must haves are a good camera, lighting (a few lamps/ light sources), and a decent internet connection... none of these need be too expensive.

Only do the roleplay in paid chat sessions, never in free chat. Once their session is over the roleplay is over. This also means he should not send you "just because" real life gifts as well. If you keep the roleplay in paid chat and don't allow crossover then the member has no reason to get attached :) If he does get attached, ban him.

I've done relationship roleplays and this is how they always work. I always remind the member that it is purely roleplay before and after the session and they are always understanding of my persistance.

As soon as someone ever hints they have real feelings for me, I ban them for their own safety. I take it very seriously that nobody ever gets the wrong idea.

Some girls do really well with the "girlfriend experience" sort of camming. Personally that's not my cup of tea. I am cool with members hanging out and having fun, and seeing something sexy, but if they are looking for a relationship or something similar, I am not the right person for them. I know camming is supposed to be a fantasy, but I can't bring myself to pretend to be someone's girlfriend when I only know them on the internet. IMHO the healthiest way for a member to participate on camsites is to have more than one model that you like a lot, generally speaking, and that said I am okay being someone's favourite, I am not okay being their only favourite, if that makes any sense.

LuthienBlythe said:
I am okay being someone's favourite, I am not okay being their only favourite, if that makes any sense.
It makes perfect sense, I decided as a member long ago that I was never to have any single model as my favourite. I always liked the idea and admired those members who could, but the risks to someone like me were always too much.

I kind of love/ adore every model I have chosen to spend serious time with. It may take a year to revisit her fully, other than small talk and a few tips, but the feeling is the same. As a member it has advantages and disadvantages, but I like the idea that when I do revisit it is genuine. I rarely have bad one on one experiences because I am so certain I want it, certain it must be this particular model, it shows for her too.

There have been exceptions, those I have not been able to stay away from for long. One in particular I get especially weird with, she does understand, but I know it is wrong of me to be so intense with her. Actually it has taken 8 years for the relationship to begin to break down, but break down it did.

As a rule I would recommend variety (or never joining) if you are vulnerable to attachment. LuthienBlythe this is what a model should want in a member, someone who sees you as one of their favourites (but not exclusively).

Status
Not open for further replies.