AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Setting your sights low and shooting yourself in the foot

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SinSeraTea

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 14, 2013
Canada
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hey there. I've got a question/situation for models and or members that may have an answer for me. I might be shooting myself in the foot and stopping myself from making the money I'd like to make.

I feel caught between countdowns and privates. My countdowns are adjusted a bit lower because I don't think I can make big countdowns work for me. But my countdowns take so long to finish that I'm totally burned out by the time I've barely brushed my minimum goals. My dream is to stay online for privates afterward but I always end up logging off after whatever show I do has come to completion. When I log on with the goal of privates I tend to make no dollars. So I like having a countdown.

I don't tend to take privates during my countdowns and only once have I had someone stick around and tip towards my countdown in the hopes of taking me private.

The only way I can think to deal with this is raise the price of my countdowns and not worry about not making a show if I can't. But I usually only have one or two tippers finishing my countdowns and I don't want to burden them.

Halp.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Re: Setting your sights low and shooting yourself in the foo

You could try some experimenting with a 'shopping list' rather than a countdown .... x tokens for this, y tokens for that.
You can add some condition or target to take pvt time.
You could add in ways to win your favour, either with or without reward (over xyz token tip, topless reward... xyz tokens if you think I'm sexy... get 5 tippers and you reward it). This is good in that it can be spontaneous and flexible for you. For members winning favour feels amazing and natural, this is in part why many regulars tip.

For countdowns, I suspect it is wise to price them for success. Too low can seem like you are not worth tipping at all, too large is unachievable. You are being tipped so I suspect it is in the fair range.

Was nice to see you considering your regulars.

SinSeraTea said:
Hey there. I've got a question/situation for models and or members that may have an answer for me. I might be shooting myself in the foot and stopping myself from making the money I'd like to make.

I feel caught between countdowns and privates. My countdowns are adjusted a bit lower because I don't think I can make big countdowns work for me. But my countdowns take so long to finish that I'm totally burned out by the time I've barely brushed my minimum goals. My dream is to stay online for privates afterward but I always end up logging off after whatever show I do has come to completion. When I log on with the goal of privates I tend to make no dollars. So I like having a countdown.

I don't tend to take privates during my countdowns and only once have I had someone stick around and tip towards my countdown in the hopes of taking me private.

The only way I can think to deal with this is raise the price of my countdowns and not worry about not making a show if I can't. But I usually only have one or two tippers finishing my countdowns and I don't want to burden them.

Halp.

The first person to answer is right. You have a lowish cam score, so your more then likely going to get low tippers. If they see a countdown versus a small amount of tokens for a goodie it might scare them away because to them that is a large amount of tokens. You want to keep your cam score up, not down. So taking pvts during countdowns, is probably a good thing. You want to make the most money you can. quickly rather than waiting around for a countdown to be finished. Almost every model in the 1000 or lower cam score range does it. Your viewers will understand. Just don't do it during a show. This is the stuff your going to have to deal with for awhile unless you get lucky enough that a high tipper lands in your room.

Reactions: SinSeraTea

If you do have people asking for privates, and the timing isn't ideal, one thing you might try is making appointments for the privates sometime other than when you normally do your public chat shifts (maybe a little before or a little after or whatever works for you and the member). I've noticed a few models doing this, and it seems to make a lot of sense: You won't have to leave your room in the middle of a countdown and have to build your room count up from scratch when you get back, plus you won't have members disappointed that you left all of a sudden for a private.

If the countdown is going slow, I don't think anyone is going to be mad you take a private during it. Most privates only last about 5min. and you might be surprised at how many regulars stick around and wait for you when you're done. Sometimes I'll include privates in the countdown, so that's something you can consider. Also, what do you do when you're online? Do you have content for sale? Do you play games? I know in my room just sitting and talking and waiting for a countdown to finish doesn't work. I have to play games with prizes that are included in the countdown for it to go as quickly as I need it to. There's a bunch if game ideas in the models only section you should try out! Good luck. :)

PlayboyMegan said:
If the countdown is going slow, I don't think anyone is going to be mad you take a private during it. Most privates only last about 5min. and you might be surprised at how many regulars stick around and wait for you when you're done. Sometimes I'll include privates in the countdown, so that's something you can consider. Also, what do you do when you're online? Do you have content for sale? Do you play games? I know in my room just sitting and talking and waiting for a countdown to finish doesn't work. I have to play games with prizes that are included in the countdown for it to go as quickly as I need it to. There's a bunch if game ideas in the models only section you should try out! Good luck. :)

Never lose sight of the fact that privates are great money $180/hour plus spys. That is the equivalent to about a 9,000 camscore. Most of your tipping regulars (as oppose to regular who hang out but don't tip much) understand that you are doing this for the money. I think it is perfectly fine for a girl to take privates almost anytime. Certainly for any models with camscore below 5,000 or so. About the only exception is we if have completed say a topless and nude goal, and are more than 1/2 to show countdown. I'd ask the guy hey can we do it after the show, if the guy says no, I am sorry I don't time to wait. In that case, i think it would it be a nice courtesy and good business practices to PM the largest few tippers and say. Hey this guy wants to take me a private do you guys mind.

But if you been on for hour and are making practically nothing by all means take the private.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Most of your tipping regulars (as oppose to regular who hang out but don't tip much) understand that you are doing this for the money. I think it is perfectly fine for a girl to take privates almost anytime.

Exactly, if I'm in your room, chances are it's because I want to interact with you so I'll stick around for a private to end. The few times I do leave, I was probably on my way out already.

I never feel bad about leaving a countdown hanging for privates, for Skypes, or even if I'm just feeling lazy because I make sure there's an immediate reward for every tip. Almost all tips get some sort of tease, flash or request, and above a certain amount you get videos. All tips come off some ultimate countdown but I don't see tips as "for the countdown," it's just a way of keeping track and keeping myself and tippers motivated. So if I have to leave public chat, for whatever reason, I still feel every tipper got at least something for their money.

I also reward every tip because it's fun for me and gives me something to do, but you don't have to do that. When members are tipping you towards a countdown they're really paying for your time, you shouldn't feel bad for leaving "early" because tippers have already gotten something for their money, which is spending time with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.