AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should MFC get rid of Guest?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushmaster

Banhammered
Jan 8, 2011
I think MFC should get rid of Guest and make being a Basic a "trial period" type of membership. Let Basics sign up for a month or two and then if they dont buy tokens in that time period get rid of them! Its a waist of bandwidth and most but not all are rude to all the models!

If I want to watch and not be bothered I love to log out and be a guest. It's so much easier than having to change my name and font and color. Too much of a hassle.

I see your point Jebbaz maybe MFC should add a "stealth" feature? I do the same thing sometimes when i don't want to be bothered with private messages while im trying to perv lol

I've never been super chatty in the chat rooms anyways, but for some reason I've been almost completely anti-social lately so I've been logging in as a guest more often than on my premium name.

morment said:
I've never been super chatty in the chat rooms anyways, but for some reason I've been almost completely anti-social lately so I've been logging in as a guest more often than on my premium name.

Would you (and Jebbaz) use a stealth feature?

Speaking personally, no.
Several reasons.
The less popular models talk to guests, often with good results for them.
Even a non-talking guest may get interested after a while perving on a model, and want to tip.
So - it doesn't happen for the first several weeks/months?

I'm unsure about what else could be done to the current structure, to make it work better.

I've wondered in the past about a 'super basic'. You pay $2, get some tokens, but stay a basic.
If you upgrade to premium, you get an extra $2 in tokens.

On the theory that someone that's tipped, and entered their credit card details to buy more tokens twice - as an upgrading super-basic - is much more likely to do it three times..

FifthElephant said:
morment said:

Would you (and Jebbaz) use a stealth feature?

Speaking personally, no.
Several reasons.
The less popular models talk to guests, often with good results for them.
Even a non-talking guest may get interested after a while perving on a model, and want to tip.
So - it doesn't happen for the first several weeks/months?

I'm unsure about what else could be done to the current structure, to make it work better.

I've wondered in the past about a 'super basic'. You pay $2, get some tokens, but stay a basic.
If you upgrade to premium, you get an extra $2 in tokens.

On the theory that someone that's tipped, and entered their credit card details to buy more tokens twice - as an upgrading super-basic - is much more likely to do it three times..
I'd use a stealth feature on my premium account once in a while. There are times I'd like to use the features that are only available when logged in, and watch lounge maybe, without announcing to my friends that I'm on line. Or even to check my mail or token count, etc.

Most sites don't allow free range viewing (for several reasons) like MFC does for guests, but regardless I think it's one of those things that sets MFC apart from every other cam site out there. Models can easily mute them and so can premiums so I don't really see it as a problem, but I think guests should have a time limit on how long they can perv a cam or cams until they have to create a basic account. Sure, it's going to get bypassed by just jumping IPs, but it would increase basic and maybe even premium sign ups.

The down side of getting rid of guests is the basics will then turn into what the guests are now (often if not always all muted). I know if I had as many dipshit basics as there seems to be as many in the guest category I'd mass mute them more often.

Frankie said:
I think guests should have a time limit on how long they can perv a cam or cams until they have to create a basic account. Sure, it's going to get bypassed by just jumping IPs, but it would increase basic and maybe even premium sign ups.

I would also like to see there being a time limit on guest status. Many people have static IPs and if they use proxies, they will eventually run out of alternatives. There would be a downside, though.

A portion of the fun of being in a model's room often is being there with other people. If there were many fewer guests, those epic events when there are over a thousand, or sometimes thousands, of people in a model's room, most of whom are always guests, would be things of the past. I think that a lot of the top models get a charge when there are huge crowds in their room. And let's face it, sometimes models have only a few guests who want to chat, and those models make converts out of guests, too. MFC would become more manageable, but also a little more boring.

There's also the intangible of tippers enjoying an audience, whether they be other premiums or basics or guests. Would the mega-tippers be as inclined to tip big if there were 400-500 people in a room as when there are 1,500? I'm cynical to think that they might not be so generous.

No get riddy of guesty

I had a guest who was such a regular I kept trying to get him to go basic. Said he couldn't (I'm guessing he wasn't 18...) but he was so sweet. He always changed his nick to Ramses_Star, referred to me a goddess no matter how many times I asked him not to, and had a habit of using ,,, instead of ...

I miss him...

That said, ON WITH THE STEALTH OPTION! I love it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.