AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Art of the $42,000 Webcam Show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maitresse Madeline, however, has enlighteningly firm views about her customers. She told Kinky.com: "They're often paying for the ambiguity that a Webcam relationship can create and that relationship over Webcam is, essentially, their fetish."

In a nutshell, that's it. Some pervs have spent a lot more than $42k on that fetish, and on ladies a lot less flamboyant than Madeline, too.

:clap: That's one hell of a price. It's worth noting that if she wasn't worth it, then he never would have paid for it! Holy crap though!

Okay, girls, hear me out. Don't get me wrong, if someone paid $42,000 for a webcam show with me, I'd be beyond thrilled.

However, how would you feel about the pressure!? That's a LOT of money and I'd be so scared of his expectations of me!!! I'd feel like I had to put on the performance of a lifetime!!! How insanely nerve wracking!

Miss_Lollipop said:
mfc sees tips of over 400,000tks.
Not on a regular basis though.

Reactions: Gen
It's a crazy amount of money, but whenever I see stuff like this, or hear about tips in the 100,000s on MFC, I have to assume that to the person tipping, it's not such a crazy amount. It's all relative. If someone is earning six figures a year and wants to spend $40k of it on one webcam show or give it to their favourite cam girl, then they can.

For someone who's not earning that much though, and is just pulling in an average wage, it would be mental.

mynameisbob84 said:
It's a crazy amount of money, but whenever I see stuff like this, or hear about tips in the 100,000s on MFC, I have to assume that to the person tipping, it's not such a crazy amount. It's all relative. If someone is earning six figures a year and wants to spend $40k of it on one webcam show or give it to their favourite cam girl, then they can.

For someone who's not earning that much though, and is just pulling in an average wage, it would be mental.

I did some maths.

Let's say the guy earns $999,999 a year. To make it the highest six figure salary possible.

That $42,000 show would be 4% of his yearly salary.

To someone who makes $35,000 a year, which I think is a pretty average salary for the average jobs, it's about the same as spending $1,400 on something for one night of entertainment. It's not unheard of for a man to spend that much on a show, dinner, and hotel with a date, but it's still pretty damn significant!

Basically, no matter how you dice it, unless this guy has unlimited money to throw away, it's still a significant amount of money relative to anyone. Even when you try to make it relate to your average joe.

Jillybean said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I did some maths.

Let's say the guy earns $999,999 a year. To make it the highest six figure salary possible.

To someone who makes $35,000 a year, which I think is a pretty average salary for the average jobs, it's about the same as spending $1,400 on something for one night of entertainment. It's not unheard of for a man to spend that much on a show, dinner, and hotel with a date, but it's still pretty damn significant!

Basically, no matter how you dice it, unless this guy has unlimited money to throw away, it's still a significant amount of money relative to anyone. Even when you try to make it relate to your average joe.

Fo. sho', it's a huge amount of money no matter how much you're earning. But I could justify spending $40k on a once-in-a-lifetime experience if I could comfortably afford it. Maybe not on a cam show, but there was a charity auction recently where Bruce Springsteen auctioned off one of his guitars and the guitar came with an hour of lessons from Springsteen himself. It went for about $500k in the end, which is an obscene amount of money. If I was rich enough to be able to afford that though, I'd have gone for that in a heartbeat. To most people, that probably seems crazy - $500k for an old beat up guitar that could be purchased new for about $5k and an hour being shown how to play a few songs by some dood in his 60s - but I'd lap that shit up, ya know? To most people, spending $40k on a webcam show likely sounds absurd, but to the guy spending the money, it was obviously something he wanted badly enough and could justify spending the money on.

This is all assuming he's minted though. For someone who wasn't rich, to spend that much money on something like that, that would be insane. If I were a cam girl and someone dropped a 100,000+ token tip on me, I'd feel conflicted for that very reason. If I knew the member could afford it, then that would be one thing, but if it was just an average Joe with an average job, giving me half his annual income in one tip... I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I mean, it would be a nice problem to have, but I'd definitely feel conflicted. On the one hand, ka-ching; on the other, how do I possibly repay this guy? Furthermore, what is he hoping for in return? Why has he potentially financially crippled himself for me? I think that stuff would weigh on my mind.

Reactions: Rose
Jillybean said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I did some maths.

The way I look at it, a person who could make $999,999 a year spending 4% of his yearly salary on entertainment is quite different from even someone earning $35,000 a year. After taxes (property tax, water tax, etc), and general living expenses (food, electricity, household upkeep) the person earning less has to attribute more income to just live as is. So the way I look at it, it is about how the rich person budgets their income.

Perhaps after all expenses the richer man will have $900,000 to spend on entertainment in a year, while a less rich man might only have $10,000. So the percentages now shift, the rich man would pay 4.7%, while the less rich man would pay $467. Or in better perspective, the rich person could spend $2465 a day (so saving up for 20 days, and during those 20 days only spending $9000), while a less rich person would only have $27.40 a day. So the question becomes, would the richer man be able to entertain himself on $9000 ($450 a day) while saving up for a great experience. For myself, I know I could very easily entertain myself with an entertainment budget of $200 a day (I wish I had that type of funds :p)...so I find it easy to imagine that someone making so much could easily spend 4% of their salary, since most other entertainment costs are so low :p

It's worth remembering that this is not her hourly rate. This was a one-off, and, to some extent, a publicity stunt, extraordinary enough to make the news on certain sites. It was an auction, and people can get really competitive, and it can end up being about the winning as much as the thing won.

There's no reason to believe that there was any inside dealing, but in the world we inhabit, that sort of thing can't be excluded. It's not like that kind of thing has never happened, or been rumoured to have happened on MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.