AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tip for erotic stories?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Would you pay for erotic stories written by a model?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Depends what the stories are about

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyLuvsU

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 5, 2012
I am just curious if you guys would tip tokens for erotic stories (sent in something like PDF) that are written by a model. I did not see much on this in search except story telling time (which I think is a cool idea too). Feedback and thoughts are highly appreciated!

99% of erotic stories on the interwebz are complete crap. Poorly written, highly unbelievable "plots", etc. So I would pass.

ChristineAsh has something like this in audio recording form. I believe they're told in the first person. I agree with MrRodry that this is probably more marketable than written format -- a sexy female voice would make them more exciting for most members than just reading the text themselves.

I've mentioned in my room topic that they can tip 250 tokens for a custom audio clip (or that it's a prize option for one of my contests), but hardly anyone shows any interest. It seems like most of the guys I get want videos, and I don't make videos as often as most models probably do.

Reactions: Nordling
I'm about to start audio recording some of my own erotic stories per request of several members in my room.

I don't think a word document would sell very well, but I think if it's in your own voice then it has a much better chance. Plus, I find that reading a story out sounds a lot better than what it would look like written down. It definitely seems to appeal to the guys who are more into dirty talk, phone sex, etc. it seems from what I've experienced.

I did an audio story for my christmas package this year that went over well.

I also have a couple of regs that regularly buy erotic written stories from me - but they are not your 'every day' guy that buys videos. They are .. er.. devoted and gobble up anything and everything I do.

I did a poll of my pound puppies (my membership club) and most of them seem to be all for audio stories being included in the stuff they get.

All in all - they are popular as audio files, but will never sell like a video will. You'll find that they sell best to guys who are really into you for your mind...

Written-out stories are nice, but I agree that audio files are better. I've had a few people ask for similar things because they enjoy my voice. They've always sold well.

Hows about since you would have to set up to record audio anyway, why not put on something sexy and do a vid with GOOD sound so the folks can see you reading them? Doesn't need to be naked or have any 'action' [unless you just can't help yourself :mrgreen: ] but might sell better if we could see the smexi gal reading them to us.

Guys tend to be much more visual I'd say.

Personally I wouldn't pay for written smut. I'm sure there are some out there that would dig it, and if you have any female customers they would probably love it.

mynameisbob84 said:
It's not something I'd generally be interested in but I did try (and fail) to tip the required amount the month Fluffy was doing them, but that was mainly for the lolz. I don't think I'd ever use erotic stories for their intended purpose. :twocents-02cents:
OMG but there would have to be audio, 'Tales from the Bakewell Tart' :drool:

Also I haven't noticed anyone mention this but I think the general question of whether guys would tip has to depend somewhat on how well the model can write them :mrgreen:

Reactions: 16_bit
I said yes, but I admit I am somewhat strange and well written erotic fiction is better than any recording of someone reading it. :lol:

Jupiter551 said:
Also I haven't noticed anyone mention this but I think the general question of whether guys would tip has to depend somewhat on how well the model can write them :mrgreen:
I have and do read erotic stories, sometimes it's nice to be able to imagine the scene, rather than see the same scene as everyone else. Kind of like reading the book instead of watching the film, we all imagine things slightly differently.
It can be difficult to find good stories and i agree with Jupiter, it would depend on how well written they are as to whether i would buy one. An audio file with it would be nice, and of course would be a way to increase the price, but i could do without just as easily.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I really appreciate it. I was thinking of using my ability to write to my advantage. I did a high tip for custom story written by me that went over really well. The member really enjoyed the story but it's the only time I have done that. Maybe I'll look into doing audio stories.

MissyLuvsU said:
Thanks for all the replies guys! I really appreciate it. I was thinking of using my ability to write to my advantage. I did a high tip for custom story written by me that went over really well. The member really enjoyed the story but it's the only time I have done that. Maybe I'll look into doing audio stories.
You will never how this will go over with members in general until you try. I for one love erotic stories written by my favorite model.

Status
Not open for further replies.