AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding 1 token tips, OliviaNaked, who is currently ranked in the top 2 on MFC (I'm too lazy to check) gets literally hundreds of 1 token tips each night, and she smiles and thanks just about everyone of those tippers. As I've said before, tips encourage tipping.

ComicOzzie said:
Regarding 1 token tips, OliviaNaked, who is currently ranked in the top 2 on MFC (I'm too lazy to check) gets literally hundreds of 1 token tips each night, and she smiles and thanks just about everyone of those tippers. As I've said before, tips encourage tipping.

This is true. In fact, Olivia has sort of turned the "1 token is rude" idea on its head. She says that 1 token means love in her room, so even the members who give large tips often also tip 1. I suppose it also gives the people who can't afford much a chance to give her positive feedback without feeling awkward. In any case, it seems to work for her, and the mood in her room is pretty much always happy.

The highest tips I get on a regular basis are between 200-250. I have a couple of high-roller regulars who usually tip that amount (sometimes more than once, but if we're talking about single tips) when they come in my room, and they come in usually everyday. The highest tip I ever got was 1300-ish. Anything over 500 I consider extremely generous and will leave me a little shocked.

Some people do tip 1 token to be rude. I have had that happen a few times someone came in tipped 1 and im like thank you then next thing i know u whore blah blah blah.

Personally any tip is great. I think I get more excited to get big tips from someone new. If a regular tips 1000 its like wow thank you, but outta the blue never in my room before tips 1000 and I am like OMFG wow stunned.

It also seems in my room it is all or none like I will get mostly 100tk+ or nothing. I would many times rather 100 people tip 10tk then 10 people tip 100 just to have a group effort.

AedanRayne said:
I think anything over 500 is a large tip. Let's face it, that's $50 out of the member's pocket and no one is required to give a model $50 of their hard earned cash. So, I'm extremely shocked & grateful that someone would want to give it to me, you know? It's very generous of the member and they're going above and beyond what the average MFC premium tips.

An obscene tip?? Hmm... Anything over 3000 makes my mind melt. That is INCREDIBLY generous!! :shock:

EDIT - I'll just add that there is an additional HOLY SHIT BALLS MY MIND IS GOING TO EXPLODE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT CRY kinda tip... anything over 10,000 I've gotten a few of these and put me on cloud 9 for at least a week.

I agree with you completely! Especially when I make the majority of my tokens in free chat, for a guy to just drop 500 tkns in my room I feel spoiled and very appricated. My largest tip started like this- 1 then 11 then 111 then 1,111 THEN 11,111. Hell the 1,111 blew my mind, what followed was a mind fuck. For the guys who continue to blow the minds of us models. TY. You just never know when ur 1 tkn tipper can turn into 11,111. So for me, every token is VERY appreciated and so are my sweet premium friends who tip them.

my biggest single tip was 300... so everything above is that big for me... everything above 500 is shocking
i think i would faint if it goes beyond 5000..

PlayboyMegan said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Do you bbs have a preference between getting one large tip from a member (followed by a week or two of minimal or no tipping from that member) or a steady stream of smaller tips (with either method resulting in the same amount of tokens tipped).
If I'm struggling to make my countdown, I'd rather get some tips then, than have someone save up for something big. If I'm Doing great, a big tip would be best because they're so fucking exciting!!! I just received my largest tip ever a few nights go. When he saw I was struggling, he would take a little out of his saved up pile and help me, which was great for me because I definitely didn't expect an absurd tip from him after he continued to tip me smaller amounts.

what you call absurd, I call my MFF (Megan Fetish Fund). :D

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
MegansDude said:
PlayboyMegan said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Do you bbs have a preference between getting one large tip from a member (followed by a week or two of minimal or no tipping from that member) or a steady stream of smaller tips (with either method resulting in the same amount of tokens tipped).
If I'm struggling to make my countdown, I'd rather get some tips then, than have someone save up for something big. If I'm Doing great, a big tip would be best because they're so fucking exciting!!! I just received my largest tip ever a few nights go. When he saw I was struggling, he would take a little out of his saved up pile and help me, which was great for me because I definitely didn't expect an absurd tip from him after he continued to tip me smaller amounts.

what you call absurd, I call my MFF (Megan Fetish Fund). :D

Also, maybe the guy was just trying to get you not to suspect anything. :whistle:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
My highest tip was 4,000T and I was SO excited and shocked and like on cloud 9. I would probably cry on cam if I ever got some of the tips you top models get :p lol like bawl!

I honestly think 500T is a LARGE tip, IMO. it rocks my socks off and makes my night. anything in the hundreds, seriously makes my heart melt. So when we start talking thousands I just get my mind blown. I appreciate all the tips I get though, they are all special to me! lol.

Reactions: LadyLuna
IMO, 10-50 tokens is average, around 500 tokens is large, and 1,000+ is just blow-my-mind-fantastic. I have a few regulars that have tipped me 1000. I have also learned that you have to watch out for the quiet ones. There have been three times where a member hasn't said much of anything and then out of nowhere they tip 1000+ and rock my socks off. My highest tip was 3,000 tokens from my best regular! I can never stop smiling when he's in my room! I have amazing regulars that tip between 50-100!

Members make my world go around and I love this job so much! I will always appreciate every tip and every token! I do enjoy the smaller tips that wake up the other tippers! No tip is too small. it all adds up and every last bit matters. :D

I just joined ACF (yay! cool site) and this is my first post. I find this thread interesting and a bit concerning. I think it's all relative. There are many nice models who work hard online and might have a camscore of 800-1100 and for whom a single tip of 300-500 would be a great and welcomed surprise. :clap: There are the high-profile models at the top of page 1 who get dozens of these tips per night along with a few pops in the thousands. Similarly for members, there are many income ranges on the other side of the site too. I know guys working hard in industrial kitchens, as mechanics and such for whom an average tip of 20-50 a couple times each time they log in is a lot compared to there financial means. On the other end of the spectrum there are others who drop lots of big bombs and for them it might come as a smaller percentage of their income than the guy tipping 20-50. I think it's hard to generalize with such a wide range of incomes and people. I've tipped over 100k once, between 20k-50k 4 or 5 times, between 10-20k dozens of time and hundreds of tips between 1k and 10k. I've averaged 4.5K a day on mfc in the past 3 years. While I don't regret 90% of the friends I've met and tipped, I do stop and think of what other good uses I could have put that money toward (charities, etc.). That's not to say that I don't think the models deserve the support but there's a lot of excess in some places in MFC (on both sides). I'd love to moderate my spending to something more reasonable.

Nice_Nick said:
I'd love to moderate my spending to something more reasonable.

:hello2: Hey Neeeeek !

this is easy... clear all the saved info on your browser and take all your credit cards and freeze them in individual 5lb blocks of ice.... hence, no instant access. Thaw one, make one purchase and refreeze.
:thumbleft: :lol:

mynameisbob84 said:
Nice_Nick said:
I've averaged 4.5K a day on mfc in the past 3 years.

My math might be way off but... you spend $300+ a day on MFC?

Actually it is closer to $360 which is only $131,000 a year, less than many guys spend on their trophy wives. Are you implying that amount is excessive ? :lol:

All tips are good in my room, big or small; but if I am talking about something that will get my adrenaline to the point that I might hold my breath for a few seconds and make me scream in extasy, I would say higher than 7500(which is my current highest tip).
The reaction above would also be caused if we are talking about any lower 4 digit tip, but breaking the record might just be "tipparsmic".

Reactions: LadyLuna
Nice_Nick said:
I just joined ACF (yay! cool site) and this is my first post. I find this thread interesting and a bit concerning. I think it's all relative. There are many nice models who work hard online and might have a camscore of 800-1100 and for whom a single tip of 300-500 would be a great and welcomed surprise. :clap: There are the high-profile models at the top of page 1 who get dozens of these tips per night along with a few pops in the thousands. Similarly for members, there are many income ranges on the other side of the site too. I know guys working hard in industrial kitchens, as mechanics and such for whom an average tip of 20-50 a couple times each time they log in is a lot compared to there financial means. On the other end of the spectrum there are others who drop lots of big bombs and for them it might come as a smaller percentage of their income than the guy tipping 20-50. I think it's hard to generalize with such a wide range of incomes and people. I've tipped over 100k once, between 20k-50k 4 or 5 times, between 10-20k dozens of time and hundreds of tips between 1k and 10k. I've averaged 4.5K a day on mfc in the past 3 years. While I don't regret 90% of the friends I've met and tipped, I do stop and think of what other good uses I could have put that money toward (charities, etc.). That's not to say that I don't think the models deserve the support but there's a lot of excess in some places in MFC (on both sides). I'd love to moderate my spending to something more reasonable.

Well feel free to visit me one day ;)

lol but on a serious level I do really agree with what you said at the beginning. I remember when I got my first tip over 1000, it was 1200 and I literally started hyperventilating! Now I tend to get tips over 1000 once or twice a week (usually for countdowns or skype) although receiving them are still amazing, and depending on my mood I often still (when they're offline) giggle for about 15 minutes straight when I get them, getting them are not the same as when I first got them.

If you drop a top 20 model 5k I would imagine it's still amazing, but on average they'll be making 3/4 times+ that each day, and receiving plenty of tips that size, so the surprise/overwhelmingness will be less, whilst if you tip a girl who's struggling to make 2/3k a night that kind of amount or more then you're going to blow her mind!

I had a dream about a week ago that someone tipped me 1000 tokens offline, total stranger, then I looked at it again and realised I'd counted the zeros wrong and it was 10,000 tokens. It was such a good dream... lol other than the occasional dream I kind of put the idea of big tips out of my head, thinking about it will drive you crazy!

Nice_Nick said:
usually $599 for 7750 and I'm allowed 10 purchases per day, but the packs will get smaller. If I'm planning a big tip or big day I'll wire transfer the $$ to mfc, that takes 4 days on average tho

So you've averaged $127K a year if my math is right.

I do think that's a lot, but it IS all relative, and there are definitely people who've spent more and much sillier things. If you enjoy, why worry, right?

jackie_O said:
Nice_Nick said:
usually $599 for 7750 and I'm allowed 10 purchases per day, but the packs will get smaller. If I'm planning a big tip or big day I'll wire transfer the $$ to mfc, that takes 4 days on average tho

So you've averaged $127K a year if my math is right.

I do think that's a lot, but it IS all relative, and there are definitely people who've spent more and much sillier things. If you enjoy, why worry, right?

Its more than my annual salary, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its a lot. :clap:

Nice_Nick said:
I just joined ACF (yay! cool site) and this is my first post. I find this thread interesting and a bit concerning. I think it's all relative. There are many nice models who work hard online and might have a camscore of 800-1100 and for whom a single tip of 300-500 would be a great and welcomed surprise. :clap: There are the high-profile models at the top of page 1 who get dozens of these tips per night along with a few pops in the thousands. Similarly for members, there are many income ranges on the other side of the site too. I know guys working hard in industrial kitchens, as mechanics and such for whom an average tip of 20-50 a couple times each time they log in is a lot compared to there financial means. On the other end of the spectrum there are others who drop lots of big bombs and for them it might come as a smaller percentage of their income than the guy tipping 20-50. I think it's hard to generalize with such a wide range of incomes and people.

Isn't it absolutely fascinating to think of how different this can be for some people? Sometimes it is very interesting to imagine what it might be like to get enormous tips like the top (or even middle) models get. Usually these imaginings would include me falling over into a pile of shocked laughter, gasping for breath, intense joy, and many other things. This definitely includes those tips that are out of this world for me but that they smile at and kindly say thank you to with practiced grace and the comfort of one used to such things. Bravo to them, I am happy for them! I am just a model starting out and it is inspirational to witness and revel in the success of others in an industry that I am investing myself in.

Some feel jealousy, I know, however for me it just shows that the job and community that I have recently embraced is successful and continuing on in times of economic stress for the country I live in. I am glad to see it, because if these glorious tips were not happening for anyone, we would all be in a lot of trouble. Also, of course the obvious happiness for someone else! It is inspirational to view their success and gives me something to reach and hope for.

I really do connect with many of the points that you make because I often have similar thoughts. Every tip is incredibly valuable to me because I know that it is a gift from the person giving it and I will never know what their life is like or how difficult it was for them to put that amount aside for me. Even the smaller 10 and 20 token tips (or smaller) are special. Some people hardly have any money for things outside of rent, bills, food and for them to spend any of it on me is an honor. There are always people doing worse than you are and when I get what I consider a big tip I imagine that those struggling on the site will look at me and have feelings similar to mine when I watch models in the tiers above me.

I think the lesson that we can all take away is that we should never let anyone else's success take away the joy that we feel in our own and should celebrate each other's accomplishments and happiness! We are all on different levels and it is really sooo interesting hearing different perspectives! Thank you to all of the ladies sharing your stories and the member perspective is awesome, too! :)

Actually on topic now:
To add mine to the list, I suppose I would say that anything 100 or over is QUITE cool, my heart goes aflutter for 200-400, 500-900 is pretty crazy and I definitely get flustered and my hot and my heart starts beating quickly, and the highest tip I've ever received was 1000 tokens which definitely warrants a serious freak out. Most of my countdowns are met with tips sub 100 and getting any single tip above 200 in a day is pretty exciting for me. Tips above 300 don't happen very often at all unless people are in a tip crazy mood which rocks!

Isabella_deL said:
If you drop a top 20 model 5k I would imagine it's still amazing, but on average they'll be making 3/4 times+ that each day, and receiving plenty of tips that size, so the surprise/overwhelmingness will be less, whilst if you tip a girl who's struggling to make 2/3k a night that kind of amount or more then you're going to blow her mind!

Perhaps you've described why I don't visit top 20 or even top 100 models. Most of the models who have become my favorites would be DELIGHTED BEYOND BELIEF to get 2/3k in a shift of several hours, so my modest tipping capabilities match up well. Feeling appreciated becomes a more satisfying part of my MFC experience.

The few times that I've been able to drop a bomb (in my case, 500-1000tk) on one of them becomes a bigger thrill on both sides. It's never for a countdown, or for content, or a Skype show. It's always "just for them".

The_Brown_Fox said:
Maniac said:
What would you consider a large tip (something you could hope for weekly/ fortnightly) compared to an obscene tip (Something completely unexpected)?

Large tip: 400/500 tokens

Completely unexpected: 1,000 tokens and up (because it's a 4-digit tip!!!!!)

ALL tips are appreciated (I sound like a Dunkin Donuts tip bowl or something) and make me smile, so I'm not into setting a tip minimum.
word

I charge 420tokens for a 10mins skype show...so i tend to get a at least 2 or 3 of those a week. Still...a large tip.

I have received a 1000 token tip 3 times ever and 1875 once.

The largest I have ever tipped personally would be 300tokens

Maniac said:
What would you consider a large tip (something you could hope for weekly/ fortnightly) compared to an obscene tip (Something completely unexpected)?
Am curious what the range of tipping really is both for models to receive and for members to spend. I am referring to a single tip as reward or treat for a favourite, not for obvious reward.

For large it would guess 1875. My largest was on July 24th, 2012, to C???_L????? of 7100 tokens, my obscene tip. A range of approximately 5000 Tokens. How normal is this?

I consider 400 tokens ($20) to be a large tip, and 2000 ($100) to be an obscene tip. When I was on stage or working the floor as a stripper, singles were expected, a $5 was nice, a $10 was really nice, and a $20 was "Whoa! Thank you so much!" One day, my two biggest tippers were in the club at the same time. A random customer tipped me a $5. My regular saw it and said he could do better and tipped me a $10. My biggest tipper saw the $5 and $10 and said well we can't have that and tipped a $20. So I went back to thank the $10 guy for egging him on and HE gave me a $50. Back to the biggest tipper to thank HIM for egging on the other one, and he gave me a $100! I walked off the floor with a bit over $200 for maybe 15 minutes spent on the floor. Got a few more 50's and 100's that day. Best day ever :)

Maniac said:
My largest was on July 24th, 2012, to C???_L????? of 7100 tokens, my obscene tip. A range of approximately 5000 Tokens. How normal is this?
I think it is not so uncommon. But everything is relevant. Your high tip is more than half my monthly income. It would never be something I could do and make rent too. It's not that I wouldn't want to, I just don't have the means. I have the fever pretty bad, as I tip about 1/4 of my monthly income every month. I don't think that would be much different if I made $60k a year. Maybe a little, perhaps it would be more like 1/5, but still that would give me $1000 a month to play with.

My high tip was 1500 from my main MFC account, after 2or3 other small 200-300 token tips a few days before. It was for a Model's camiversary. I tried to give the impression that those first tips were all I could do, so when I did tip the 1500 it might be a surprise. It felt huge to me, combined, being most of what i had to tip for the month. On the other hand I try to keep in mind that what feels like a huge tip to me is really not such a huge amount of $, especially after the 50% cut MFC gets.

You know, I always try to find the silver lining. I am an amputee and there are some physical contortions that are easier with out having a foot on one side. (mostly when climbing or crawling in confined spaces) And, I may get athletes foot, but never again athletes feet. :mrgreen: The only silver lining I have found so far to not being able to tip Models truly big tips, is that I'm a lot more sure of the friendship they show me, than I prolly would be otherwise.

camstory said:
Maniac said:
My largest was on July 24th, 2012, to C???_L????? of 7100 tokens, my obscene tip. A range of approximately 5000 Tokens. How normal is this?
I think it is not so uncommon. But everything is relevant. Your high tip is more than half my monthly income. It would never be something I could do and make rent too. It's not that I wouldn't want to, I just don't have the means. I have the fever pretty bad, as I tip about 1/4 of my monthly income every month. I don't think that would be much different if I made $60k a year. Maybe a little, perhaps it would be more like 1/5, but still that would give me $1000 a month to play with.

My high tip was 1500 from my main MFC account, after 2or3 other small 200-300 token tips a few days before. It was for a Model's camiversary. I tried to give the impression that those first tips were all I could do, so when I did tip the 1500 it might be a surprise. It felt huge to me, combined, being most of what i had to tip for the month. On the other hand I try to keep in mind that what feels like a huge tip to me is really not such a huge amount of $, especially after the 50% cut MFC gets.

You know, I always try to find the silver lining. I am an amputee and there are some physical contortions that are easier with out having a foot on one side. (mostly when climbing or crawling in confined spaces) And, I may get athletes foot, but never again athletes feet. :mrgreen: The only silver lining I have found so far to not being able to tip Models truly big tips, is that I'm a lot more sure of the friendship they show me, than I prolly would be otherwise.
Any amount you tip, I'm sure the models appreciate it. Whether its small or huge, go for it.

Reactions: camstory
Jupiter551 said:
I would think, and I guess I'm just relating this to myself, that small tips can encourage other members to tip - you see it fairly frequently, one guy tips a few, then another tips a few, then the first one does again....it's as if they were nervous about tipping or something until someone else started.
This is absolutely a dynamic that often happens, and one of my favorite things to do. It does not work all the time, but I enjoy putting my small amount of tokens to work this way. Many times, and it seems I am getting better at it, (tho it may just be a lucky streak), I have spent 150-250 tokens and rallied a room of deadbeats into one that is working well. It can be helpful if there at least one other who starts to work with you. small 10-20 token tips and subtle praise for those tipping and even more subtle chat that express, "hey if you're one of the cool kids, you know who you are", can really work like magic sometimes.

Logging off at the end of the night after Kitty kult, or Sophia Sybian battle of good and dark, or watching almost anything Aedan does that makes her happy, which is almost anything she does, or having a really good night talking and kicking it with friends, can leave you with that, "warm fuzzy, life is a great concert and i was there", feeling. But being instrumental in getting a flat room jumping can be just as rewarding, and can make you feel a bit like, 'you not only were at the concert, but you were the hood ornament of the RR Limo everyone road there in'.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
Status
Not open for further replies.