AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips vs Privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2013
hi everyone! I'm new here to the forums and to cam modeling (with MFC). have been reading round the forums while i wait for model status to get approved :)

So i've logged onto MFC three times now. And so far.. things seem to be going ok :)
wondering what opinions were on tips vs privates? I seem to be doing ok with both at the moment, but after a private my room clears out and i have to work to build it up again :(
Seems some of the models don't even do privates/groups? is it worth it? Should i be doing them in the beginning while i wait to build up a base of regulars/good tippers?
I'm also slightly confused as to what happens in a group session? same as private or? lol
sorry for all the questions!

I'll answer what I can as a member.

I imagine that in the beginning it's great to take privates. If the guy likes the show he will likely come back for more and be a regular regardless. However it's bad form to take a private in the middle of a countdown. If you have several people tipping towards a goal and you vanish to private they may get upset. However if you're running a countdown and it's just not really happening, go for the private!

I think as popularity grows, it seems most models stick to mainly the free chat area and work on tips. Some still accept privates but it seems to be less frequent. I think it mostly depends on the model's person preference.

Group show is similar to a private, except there is no limit to the number of members in the room. Each member is paying 10 tokens a minute. Obviously the more people watching the show, the more tokens you will make :)

Hope this bit of info helps!

Kunra9 said:
However it's bad form to take a private in the middle of a countdown. If you have several people tipping towards a goal and you vanish to private they may get upset. However if you're running a countdown and it's just not really happening, go for the private!

I'm pretty new as well (been a cam model for about a month on MFC). Last night I did my first countdown style show. I'm doing pretty well on the site, all things considered. But I am still new so I was nervous I wouldn't make my goal, which would suck if guys had put some money towards it but it just didn't come close to enough.

So for my show I decided to take group and private requests, but to include those tokens in the goal. Before I left for the private I would say something like, "Okay guys, I'm going to private! But stick around, because everything counts towards the goal for my show! Be back soon!"

Would that be considered poor form? It seems like for me privates are my main source of tokens, so doing it that way would be the only way to meet my goal. (I had it at 1700 last night... anything less seems like it wouldn't really be worth it).

Reactions: UncleThursday
Kissable_Kate said:
So for my show I decided to take group and private requests, but to include those tokens in the goal. Before I left for the private I would say something like, "Okay guys, I'm going to private! But stick around, because everything counts towards the goal for my show! Be back soon!"

Would that be considered poor form?

I think it depends on the mood of the room and how many people are tipping and how much they're tipping and how long the private is. If the room is slow and only a few members have chipped away at the countdown then I think you're on pretty safe ethical ground taking the private.
If the countdown is going down fast and you have lots of tippers tipping a decent amount and you're almost at the end of the countdown and then you disappear for a 30 minute private all of a sudden... then you might have alienated some of your tippers.
I think you just have to get a feel for things and weigh up whether taking a private in the middle of a countdown is going to lead to tippers leaving in droves or whether it's gonna be the difference between making your target for the night or falling short.

All this is to say, I have no idea :)

Kissable_Kate said:

Would that be considered poor form?

I do something similar if the countdown is taking forever. I take half off the goal.
...and I ALWAYS ask the tippers if they are ok with this in pm first, so as not to put them on the spot. It's usually for me only 1-2 people tipping (way different while at the mansion that is for sure!) and they don't ever mind. Most guys who are going to become regulars care more about you making the money you need to reach your goal over that of a show which is likely you won't get tipped during ya know?

Kissable_Kate said:
Kunra9 said:
However it's bad form to take a private in the middle of a countdown. If you have several people tipping towards a goal and you vanish to private they may get upset. However if you're running a countdown and it's just not really happening, go for the private!

I'm pretty new as well (been a cam model for about a month on MFC). Last night I did my first countdown style show. I'm doing pretty well on the site, all things considered. But I am still new so I was nervous I wouldn't make my goal, which would suck if guys had put some money towards it but it just didn't come close to enough.

Would that be considered poor form? It seems like for me privates are my main source of tokens, so doing it that way would be the only way to meet my goal. (I had it at 1700 last night... anything less seems like it wouldn't really be worth it).

If the countdown isn't progressing very well, and you only have a couple of tippers, I think this is perfectly acceptable. Try to feel out your tippers before hand so you know for sure.

Or perhaps if there's only a couple of tippers and someone wants to take you private, maybe suggest a group show.

LoxyJane said:
I'm also slightly confused as to what happens in a group session? same as private or? lol
sorry for all the questions!

Group:

-members only pay 10 tokens/min, instead of 60 tokens/min, so you shouldn't feel bad if you decide to do your own thing without taking requests. It's very common in group to ask for tips for requests.

-it takes 3 members to start the group, but once it's going it keeps going until all the members leave, or you decide to stop the group

-all the members can talk to you, not just the three who started it. All the members can also see who else is in group, and who all is talking.

-members can join the group via pm. They will not be in the main room, they will not see the other members and the other members will not see them. They can still pm you, but most models ignore pm's while in group.

-many members try to treat it like a cheap private, especially when they are the only person in there. Don't let that happen- if other members come in and see someone being very talkative, they will leave.

-many models who accept private don't accept group because it's not worth it to them.

Kissable_Kate said:

If the goal is large and/or tipping is slow, AND you mention in your topic that groups/privates go towards countdowns, then it might not be a huge deal.

But if the goal is coming along at a decent pace, then I would say forgo the privates/groups.

Also, just remember, not every model makes most of their money in groups/privates. Some do pretty much everything, and do well, in public. Some are mostly private/group models and earn the majority of their tokens that way. It's going to depend on your personal style, and what you eventually find your regs are comfortable with from you.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I alwayss do privates. I make 25-50 dollars each private which im very happy with. Group chat ill only do if the room is not that full.

LadyLuna said:
Group:

-members only pay 10 tokens/min, instead of 60 tokens/min, so you shouldn't feel bad if you decide to do your own thing without taking requests. It's very common in group to ask for tips for requests.

-it takes 3 members to start the group, but once it's going it keeps going until all the members leave, or you decide to stop the group

-all the members can talk to you, not just the three who started it. All the members can also see who else is in group, and who all is talking.

-members can join the group via pm. They will not be in the main room, they will not see the other members and the other members will not see them. They can still pm you, but most models ignore pm's while in group.

-many members try to treat it like a cheap private, especially when they are the only person in there. Don't let that happen- if other members come in and see someone being very talkative, they will leave.

-many models who accept private don't accept group because it's not worth it to them.

So if i'm pretty much just dancing around and conversing with the few that are chatting in the room would it be beneficial to be accept a group chat? Then i can continue what i'm doing but be earning tokens for it? is that right? lol..
like tonight i didnt have much going on in the way of tipping in my room and someone wanted to start group should i have tried to see if some of the guys were keen for that?
Do new members tend to enter a models room when she's in group chat to see whats going on?
whew! sorry for all the questions!

privates actually make me uncomfortable unless their with a member I know and am comfortable with. I prefer tips, I have such fun in public doing shows with my guys and I don't feel the same performance "am I doing this right"-ness in public/group as I do in privates. My general rule though is that I only take privates if 1- it's super slow & I'm clearly not getting tips, or 2- the shows over but I want to keep going! That's my personal preference. As a model, you have to find your own groove and do what works for you.

LoxyJane said:
So if i'm pretty much just dancing around and conversing with the few that are chatting in the room would it be beneficial to be accept a group chat? Then i can continue what i'm doing but be earning tokens for it? is that right? lol..
like tonight i didnt have much going on in the way of tipping in my room and someone wanted to start group should i have tried to see if some of the guys were keen for that?
Do new members tend to enter a models room when she's in group chat to see whats going on?

From a member perspective groups are very straightforward.....

If I see a model I am interested in and I see she is in group I join with the expectation to see her naked, if I like what I see I stay on - if I don't like it I go and look for other models....
To be clear it is not mandatory to get naked in group, you can do what you want there and there are girls who clearly state in their profile they don't get naked in group and it is your room - that means your rules apply ;)

In my opinion groups are cheap 10 tokens per minute, I know after 20 seconds if I like it or not.....So don't worry too much...but maybe start thinking if people leave too quickly...

:)

Reactions: LoxyJane
I only accept privates for the first 5 minutes after I've logged on, before my room as filled up and before the public chat has really gotten started.

I NEVER do groups. I don't think they're fun (too many cooks in the kitchen), and I make more in public shows.

One word of caution: during my first week I did a bunch of true privates with one guy. They were fun and they helped me to ease into camming (I had a bit of stage fright), but they didn't let other guys get to know me while I still had new girl status. My point is just that even if you aren't making a ton in public chat right away, it's important for guys to meet you and get to know you while you still have that "new girl" tag. After you lose that, your room count will drop dramatically until you build it back up with regulars. It's far easier for guys to get to know you in public or group than in private.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
LoxyJane said:

Every girl has her own thing for groups. Some would do what you just described. Many will turn the dancing into a strip tease, and then either do naked posing or some light play. I try to gauge what I do based on how many are in there. If there's a lot of people, I'll do more, not so many, I don't do as much.

If you are comfortable doing so, then you can. If you don't feel like it, don't worry about it.

Yes. While you're in group, it will start with a lot of people. Various people will drop off as they realize you're not doing what they want. Other members will join, many of those will leave. Don't try to please everyone! Do what you want to do. Don't worry about members coming and going. Sometimes, it'll be because what you're doing is not their thing, but if they stayed more than 30 seconds, it was probably a literal cumming and going :p

No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.