AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyDame

Cam Model
Dec 12, 2018
California
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@FoxyDameMFC
MFC Username
FoxyDame
Chaturbate Username
Evie_banks
I am gonna do my first show tonight (eep!). I am nervous but also I am excited. I was wondering what are the top 3 tips/advice you have for the first show. I have read and researched for a few months and I think I have the basics down but last minute advice is always welcomed! Thanks lovelies!

1. Stick to your guns. Don't be afraid to kick/ban people who are testing you.
2. Relax. It's your first day, but many will follow and if the first day doesn't go well that doesn't mean the rest will.
3. Keep water and little snacks on hand, it'll keep you from getting tempted to cut out early if things are slow and you start getting hungry.

I have only been camming since September, but:
1. Don't overthink it. I admittedly didn't research as much as I could have and jumped in, and I am glad I did. Go with the flow.
2. Don't forget it is YOUR ROOM. You call the shots.
3. If anything sounds fishy, any offers, etc go with your gut. You are new and chances are, someone will try to take advantage of that. Question things, and usually that will scare them off. Or google. I can't remember the scam someone tried pulling on me but I googled as I was on cam to find out about whatever it was, and immediately came up with warnings of that scam. (Sorry, terrible memory- getting old!!)

And most importantly- HAVE FUN!

Good luck :happy:

Ps. You should update this once your show is over! I want to know how it goes!

1. Stick to your guns. Don't be afraid to kick/ban people who are testing you.
2. Relax. It's your first day, but many will follow and if the first day doesn't go well that doesn't mean the rest will.
3. Keep water and little snacks on hand, it'll keep you from getting tempted to cut out early if things are slow and you start getting hungry.
Oh! Snacks and water are a huge mind blown tip for me lol! I will definitely get that handled... also thanks for the encouragement :h:

I have only been camming since September, but:
1. Don't overthink it. I admittedly didn't research as much as I could have and jumped in, and I am glad I did. Go with the flow.
2. Don't forget it is YOUR ROOM. You call the shots.
3. If anything sounds fishy, any offers, etc go with your gut. You are new and chances are, someone will try to take advantage of that. Question things, and usually that will scare them off. Or google. I can't remember the scam someone tried pulling on me but I googled as I was on cam to find out about whatever it was, and immediately came up with warnings of that scam. (Sorry, terrible memory- getting old!!)

And most importantly- HAVE FUN!

Good luck :happy:

Ps. You should update this once your show is over! I want to know how it goes!
Thanks! I never think about scams but it's so true and I will definitely keep an eye out.

I will update tomorrow ;)

Don't do ANYTHING unless they paid you first. Don't accept, "I need to see first before I tip." or "show me this and then I will spend money"

No is a powerful word. At any time you feel uncomfortable, you can say "no." Even if you agreed to something, you are allowed to change your mind. Don't let someone try to push you more with money. If you are willing to do something for more $, you would have communicated that. If you find yourself not sticking to your boundaries, write them out and display them in front of you. Sometimes may need that visual support if someone is trying to manipulate you.

People may send "fake tips" like just typing in the chat the words that would show if there was a real tip or even stupid little pictures. Look at other models rooms to see what real tips look like and if all else fails check to be sure your total raised.

If you're using mfc mute guests. It's up to you if you want to mute basics but definitely mute guests (I have zero idea how this works with Chaturbate but maybe another model can chime in) I had so much spam from guests my first show my browser kept crashing. I'm talking 100 messages a second kind of shit. Someone was intentionally trying to fuck me over.

Don't take anything personal. You could be Kim Kardashian and some internet troll in his mom's basement wearing 4 day old sweatpants would complain about some aspect of your body and personality. Especially when you refuse to do things for free.

1. Decide on your boundaries before you log in. It is much easier to do this with a clear head and without money in your face to perhaps sway you into performing beyond what you would like to do. And when you are requested to do things that fall within your boundaries, make sure you see that money, honey! No payment Tuesday for a hamburger today.

2. Take no shit from anyone. Be prepared for the trolls and members who prey on new performers to descend upon you like vultures, and keep that ignore/ban finger ready. Remember that nothing they say should be taken to heart, and nothing they do should make you feel like you have to change your personal boundaries. Be wary of those offering to "help" you: They will always be expecting something in return, regardless of how many times they say they aren't.

3. Just do it, and have fun! Don't stress. The hardest part is hitting that broadcast button. Even after years of broadcasting, I still get nerves before logging on. But once I start, it's all good! Can't make money if you don't show up.

Good luck and have fun!!

1. Greet everyone. Call them out by name. It helps to get people chatting and not just lurking.

2. Get excited. Be excited by the tips. Smile a lot and giggle. In my experience it works but if you have a dom/bad girl/bitch theme that might not work. Lol.

3. Milk it. Let everyone know your new. Again won't work with some themes. But if youre shy or say things like I've never done this guy's want to see you do it even more. I still talk to the guy who popped my camming cherry and he tips everytime he comes in my room.

Reactions: FoxyDame
@Gia_Xo , @AudriTwo , @AlexaCrush , @Emberblaze , @THE MOLLIE MARIE ,@Cassiequinn , @eyeteach

I think it went well! I made 1000 tokens for 4 hours and once I relaxed (which took a good hour lol) i had a lot of fun!

I did my best to greet people as they came in but it was difficult because of some of their username choices... I was super giggly (nerves) but made sure to thank everyone that tipped. I did have to kick a few trolls off and one guy walked a fine line but i decided to just ignore his dumb comments and only answer the ones I wanted to. I wasnt 100% at sticking to my tip list :/ like not good at that at all lol speaking of... do you have to post it or how do people see it? I put it on whiteboard (MFC) but it didnt seem like anyone could see it... also I wasnt great at the whole PM thing and I wasnt wonderful with the room topics but I am sure I will improve over time :) I totally need a wireless keyboard haha

Thank you all again so much though! I will keep camming and work more on the advice you gave. I can always play the "it was my first show" card and me more rigid on tipping next time :*

Glad to hear it went well!
It's been a long time since I've cammed on MFC so I don't remember exactly how the whiteboard works. Lot's of guys are just dumb though, so they might not even be looking at it.
You're charging for pm's, right? I always charged high for mine because I hated them, they take away from what's going on in the room and it's hard to keep track of both at the same time. I wanna say there's settings you can change so only people on your friend's list or something can pm you so you're not getting spammed with messages.

• Helpful!
Reactions: FoxyDame
Glad to hear it went well!
It's been a long time since I've cammed on MFC so I don't remember exactly how the whiteboard works. Lot's of guys are just dumb though, so they might not even be looking at it.
You're charging for pm's, right? I always charged high for mine because I hated them, they take away from what's going on in the room and it's hard to keep track of both at the same time. I wanna say there's settings you can change so only people on your friend's list or something can pm you so you're not getting spammed with messages.
You know I wrote that I charged for PMs but then I wasnt following through :/ I will tonight though because yeah, I HATE THEM lol the guys that ripped well are the only ones i really responded to tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.