AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Typical Tricks New Girls Should Look Out For?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to take a quarter of your check out for taxes.
---

Watermark any videos you sell, so when they do eventually get leaked, free marketing.
---

Don't do the answer the door naked for the pizza guy. DON'T. That is sexual harassment and you may get hurt.

This whole post is great, but these specifically I didn't even think of...I wouldn't have done that to the poor pizza guy, but jfc, I hope no one else does!?

"I know you irl/I have your personal info and I'll release it unless you give me vids or a show" 99% of the time they don't have shit, and even if they did have something giving into blackmail probably isn't going to help you as they can just release it anyways. Ignore, block, report.

And this isn't exactly ripping you off or whatever but be wary of people who use negging tactics. "You look great even though you've gained weight" "I liked your new hair even though your old hair is better" "Even though your outfit clashes it still looks good on you" "I don't like this music but I keep you unmuted so I can hear you talk anyways" "I normally don't like flat-chested girls but I like you" this is a tactic assholes use to try and not only sculpt your camstyle to what they want but lower your self-esteem so they can manipulate you easier. Call them out and don't give in, never ever let backhanded compliments and negging get you.

Thank you for these too -- it's actually really nice to see some responses referring to a more "emotional" defense than something someone will obviously try to scam with. Some people are real sickos with what they will do for sex, and that aspect just makes them harder.

Reactions: Magnolia
So if they paid for the show but are being abusive and not taking 'no' for an answer?
Yep. If you are no longer consenting to the show, you can pull out. Make sure to take screenshots of the incident, just incase they try twisting it on you.

Think about it this way- if you get kicked out of a football game for bad behavior, you don't get your money back from your ticket. Same rule applies.

So if they paid for the show but are being abusive and not taking 'no' for an answer?
If you're in a pay-as-you-go scenario (which is the setup on most cam sites), you can end the show at any time for any reason. Dog just puked on the floor? Mom has a key and decided to come over unannounced? Period starts unexpectedly? You just feel really uncomfortable, even if you can't explain why? Dude is being disrespectful? All good reasons to end the show. You may lose the guy as a customer if you shut things down abruptly, but if you need out, you need out. The customer got the number of minutes he purchased. Guys are paying for your time, not a guaranteed outcome (outcum? lol), so if they pay for seven minutes and get seven minutes, you're even.

To be honest, when I first started out, there were a couple times when I got into a show, realized I was in way over my head (through no fault of the customer), panicked, and couldn't even remember how to end the show. Thankfully, there's that red X in the upper right corner, and if worst comes to worst, you can use it as a panic button.

If you're in a pre-paid show (Skype), it may feel a little harder to end the show early, because it feels less fair to give a guy seven minutes if he paid for 20. If you need to pause for the dog puke or something similar, most guys will understand that shit happens and will wait for a few while you handle an emergency. Unforeseen problems are one of the risks of pre-paid shows - just let him know what's going on. On the other hand, if the guy is being abusive or pushing limits, and won't stop when asked, you're fine to end the show early and block him. Insistently compromising your safety, mental health, and/or personal/site/legal limits is not ok, and he forfeits the rest of the show.

Fwiw, this is a good reason to have guys pay for Skype shows through legit cam sites. If the guy tries to complain about not getting what he paid for, the owners of Skype cam sites understand your side of the story and will fight for you.

And this isn't exactly ripping you off or whatever but be wary of people who use negging tactics. "You look great even though you've gained weight" "I liked your new hair even though your old hair is better" "Even though your outfit clashes it still looks good on you" "I don't like this music but I keep you unmuted so I can hear you talk anyways" "I normally don't like flat-chested girls but I like you" this is a tactic assholes use to try and not only sculpt your camstyle to what they want but lower your self-esteem so they can manipulate you easier. Call them out and don't give in, never ever let backhanded compliments and negging get you.

I had someone who was laughably bad at negging once. "How old are you? You look 40. Oh, you must do drugs then, you look rough."

Ummmm....
1. 40-year-old women are hot, wtf. Looking 40 isn't bad.
3. Most people don't even think I look close to 30 (I'm 28). Pick a more accurate lie next time.

On the Snapchat app, if you scroll up to the profile section, you can use the gear icon (settings) or tap on the name to change what people see you as. If the username is the full name, I would suggest having her delete it or using it for other purposes, and create a new one (using a fake username or name).

One of the more recent tricks/scams I have been noticing that members are doing are fake third party tips. In a new models room the other day, someone posted an image of a "receipt" stating that they used some third party application to send her a tip which would be coming within 24 hours. Not sure if anyone else has seen the same, but thought I would mention it.

That's pretty low, where do these guys come from :( on the snapchat thing, i'll suggest she makes a new one for work.

When someone asks for something...let's say a song, and you want to let them know they've got to tip for something like that, how do you phrase that? I think I forget my own worth every now and then and feel awkward telling people that they've got to tip.

When someone asks for something...let's say a song, and you want to let them know they've got to tip for something like that, how do you phrase that? I think I forget my own worth every now and then and feel awkward telling people that they've got to tip.

My go-to is "Sure, I will gladly ____ for (amount)!" It's to the point, but not off-putting to someone who might be asking with intent to tip, and it eliminates the follow-up question of how much it would cost.

Thanks for all the helpful info! I've learned most of this thru this forum or thru the hard way. Here is what I've learned in 2 weeks

- very first day was "befriended" by two guys.... 2 days later my laptop was at the repair shop getting wiped as my anti-virus found 400 problems....lock down your skype and listen to their advice but take it with a grain of salt.

- amazon wishlist-- customer can cancel order after it's placed.

-if it seems too good to be true, then its most likely a scam

- ban anyone that says anything negative. wish i could find those dudes that we saying negative things in the middle of my first cum show. jerks.

- it only took a week for someone to find my identity and use multiple social media platforms to threaten and scare me. most likely its a troll and someone who doesn't actually know you.

will keep updating, this is my first post....

Be mindful of fake gift cards. Some guys will send fake confirmation emails, so use the gift card (buy something or add it to your account balance) before doing a show/creating a custom/sending a video/etc. If you use GiftRocket, wait until the money is in your bank account. Check the email address from the confirmation email and make sure it's legit.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.