AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video tips? ManyVids tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspen Marie

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 20, 2015
Twitter Username
@aspenxmarie
MFC Username
AspenMarie
Streamate Username
AspenMarie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/462035/Aspen-Marie/
I guess I'll start with a little background. I would LOVE to live cam but I have a two year old that doesn't sleep through the night yet and I would hate to have to stop a show to get him back down to sleep so my solution was to sell videos and other things through ManyVids. I've signed up and got my profile going, even made a few bucks selling snapchat subscriptions but I have no idea where to start with videos. I admit I probably should have thought about that before signing up but I got a little to excited! I've spent days going through this forum reading up as much as I possibly can. I have a cheap lighting set with umbrellas because photography has been a hobby of mine for a while. As for cameras I have a pretty decent Microsoft webcam, a Canon Rebel t51, and a Sony camcorder. Now for the questions...
1) What types of videos are good to start out with?
2) Editing.... HELP! What is a good editing software and what is involved in editing the videos? Is it just adding a title and cutting out anything that's unnecessary or is there more to it?
3) Any other tips for making videos?
4) Do you lovely ladies have any tips for ManyVids in general?

Thank you in advance and sorry about the rambling! I just want to make sure that I'm putting out my best possible content.

I would recommend getting verified because we have many threads on these subjects! A lot of us are on Clips4sale and we have clips4sale threads and manyvids threads!

I would recommend getting verified because we have many threads on these subjects! A lot of us are on Clips4sale and we have clips4sale threads and manyvids threads!
Would just being active on ManyVids be enough for me to get verified? In the post on how to get verified it says "Verification is intended for girls who are already involved in camming." So I wasn't sure.

I'm not sure that would be a decision up to @AmberCutie - I make my sole income just on clips as of June 2015 but I started out camming full time 4 years ago so I'm not sure. I still do independent skype shows but I no longer live cam.

Would just being active on ManyVids be enough for me to get verified? In the post on how to get verified it says "Verification is intended for girls who are already involved in camming." So I wasn't sure.
There's plenty of info in the public section to get started camming, then once a girl has an active verified cam site profile, she can request verification here.

There's plenty of info in the public section to get started camming, then once a girl has an active verified cam site profile, she can request verification here.
I won't be able to actually cam for a little while because of my son but I'll definitely request verification once I do! Thank you :)

1) What types of videos are good to start out with?
2) Editing.... HELP! What is a good editing software and what is involved in editing the videos? Is it just adding a title and cutting out anything that's unnecessary or is there more to it?
3) Any other tips for making videos?
4) Do you lovely ladies have any tips for ManyVids in general?

1. This is totally off-the-cuff but since ManyVids is a fairly vanilla (as opposed to fetish) site, these are some ideas you could start with:
- masturbation videos (fingers, toys, different positions, different outfits)
- striptease videos (different outfits, could strip to naked and/or end with cumming, softcore dancing/teasing style)
- blow job videos (either on a real dude or dildo, whatever you want/have available)
- lotion/oil (on your whole body, or you could do just oily boobs/oily ass/etc)
- ass focused vids (ass shaking, booty shaking, trying on different panties and showing off your butt in them)
- boobies videos (bouncing them, nipple play, etc)
- jerk off instruction (basically telling them how to jerk off for you while you tease them, you can find examples online)
- shower or bath videos (getting all sudsy, playing in bubbles, masturbating in the tub, etc)
- roleplay videos (one of my most popular videos was a girlfriend-style roleplay where I was leaving a sexy skype message for my boyfriend; naughty nurse/babysitter/teacher/etc)
- "Beautiful Agony" style video (basically you are masturbating/cumming but you only show your face and, if you want, chest/torso so the viewer is watching your expressions and doesn't see the action down below)

I would spend a bit of time looking at top selling videos or categories. You can check out the categories on Clips4Sale - ManyVids uses the same category list but I find navigating on C4S a bit easier if you're looking for which clips are most popular in each category. There are TONS and they're very fetish-y but you can look through, see what sounds fun/interesting, read descriptions and see gifs or previews of top-selling videos to give you an idea of what members are looking for.

2. I just use Windows Movie Maker, generally I just trim the ends off and add a little watermark. Sometimes I cut multiple videos together for different angles but I don't do much fancy stuff. You can certainly go more complex depending on what you're trying to doI know some girls do really cool hypnotizing effects, or very artistic/high quality videos that might require more powerful software. But if your videos are fairly basic, WMM is definitely sufficient.
I also use Handbrake to compress the files to a smaller size afterwards.

- Just relax and remember you can edit out anything you don't like afterwards! Sometimes it can be hard to edit them because you're like "eww I look gross, my face looks weird, my butt looks stupid" but remember that you are likely to look at things with a much more critical eye than anyone else will.
- DOUBLE CHECK that your audio is on and that the video is in focus before you spend 30 minutes shooting a fancy video and you can't use any of it! This will likely happen at some point (it's happened to me a couple of times) and it's THE WORST.
- Film in HD if you can and use good lighting so your videos look great!

4. Setting up a Twitter account to promote your videos might be a good idea, plus you get a boost in your MV score if you let them auto-post your videos to your Twitter! Following & interacting with other camgirls will likely help you build followers and hopefully make more sales. Same goes for Tumblr. Post your Twitter & MV links on your profile here!

1. This is totally off-the-cuff but since ManyVids is a fairly vanilla (as opposed to fetish) site, these are some ideas you could start with:
- masturbation videos (fingers, toys, different positions, different outfits)
- striptease videos (different outfits, could strip to naked and/or end with cumming, softcore dancing/teasing style)
- blow job videos (either on a real dude or dildo, whatever you want/have available)
- lotion/oil (on your whole body, or you could do just oily boobs/oily ass/etc)
- ass focused vids (ass shaking, booty shaking, trying on different panties and showing off your butt in them)
- boobies videos (bouncing them, nipple play, etc)
- jerk off instruction (basically telling them how to jerk off for you while you tease them, you can find examples online)
- shower or bath videos (getting all sudsy, playing in bubbles, masturbating in the tub, etc)
- roleplay videos (one of my most popular videos was a girlfriend-style roleplay where I was leaving a sexy skype message for my boyfriend; naughty nurse/babysitter/teacher/etc)
- "Beautiful Agony" style video (basically you are masturbating/cumming but you only show your face and, if you want, chest/torso so the viewer is watching your expressions and doesn't see the action down below)

I would spend a bit of time looking at top selling videos or categories. You can check out the categories on Clips4Sale - ManyVids uses the same category list but I find navigating on C4S a bit easier if you're looking for which clips are most popular in each category. There are TONS and they're very fetish-y but you can look through, see what sounds fun/interesting, read descriptions and see gifs or previews of top-selling videos to give you an idea of what members are looking for.

2. I just use Windows Movie Maker, generally I just trim the ends off and add a little watermark. Sometimes I cut multiple videos together for different angles but I don't do much fancy stuff. You can certainly go more complex depending on what you're trying to doI know some girls do really cool hypnotizing effects, or very artistic/high quality videos that might require more powerful software. But if your videos are fairly basic, WMM is definitely sufficient.
I also use Handbrake to compress the files to a smaller size afterwards.

- Just relax and remember you can edit out anything you don't like afterwards! Sometimes it can be hard to edit them because you're like "eww I look gross, my face looks weird, my butt looks stupid" but remember that you are likely to look at things with a much more critical eye than anyone else will.
- DOUBLE CHECK that your audio is on and that the video is in focus before you spend 30 minutes shooting a fancy video and you can't use any of it! This will likely happen at some point (it's happened to me a couple of times) and it's THE WORST.
- Film in HD if you can and use good lighting so your videos look great!

4. Setting up a Twitter account to promote your videos might be a good idea, plus you get a boost in your MV score if you let them auto-post your videos to your Twitter! Following & interacting with other camgirls will likely help you build followers and hopefully make more sales. Same goes for Tumblr. Post your Twitter & MV links on your profile here!

Thank you sooo much!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.