AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Walking Dead

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felicity said:
Father Gabriel is the most annoying character thus far on the show. I hope they kill him off soon because he annoys the crap out of me. I highly doubt it though because I was told he is in the comics for a minute.

I hope Officer Shepherd, the pretty and nice one from last night's episode joins the group. She seems like Rick's type!

I was hoping that Father Gabriel would get eaten outside of his church, it would have been really appropriate IMO. If he sticks around for too long I feel like he's going to cause other people from the group to die because of his bad decisions.

And I was soooo sad to see Beth gone, she was one of my top 3 favorite characters. I actually cried over it, I think the only other death on the show that made me cry was Hershel.

I was so sad too! She sang so beautiful and grew as a character so much. It was really hard watching Emily Kinney cry on the talking dead because she was sad she was leaving. I hope her acting career takes off now.

Finally got around to watching the last episode until FEBRUARY! :-x

Anyhow, that entire scene letting Father Gabriel back in was lame, as was the boarding back up of the church from the outside. They could have easily shut the doors closed from the inside after dropping the first few walkers. But noooooo... that wouldn't have been enough drama but it's amazingly easier to secure the doors from the outside for some reason.

I was hoping the katana wielding babe would have at least punched the pea-brained padre in the kisser after all that!

And it totally sucks Beth is gone, I really liked her too and Maggie's hopes were so refreshed to see her again. That's gonna put her in a downward spiral methinks, but hopefully she'll also be in more episodes. :mrgreen:

All in all, not too bad of an ending imho and definitely looking forward to Feb.

Felicity said:
I was so sad too! She sang so beautiful and grew as a character so much. It was really hard watching Emily Kinney cry on the talking dead because she was sad she was leaving. I hope her acting career takes off now.

My exact thoughts!
I was more sad watching the aftershow than the actual show because of her tearing up omg.
And it was even more sad in the show because all this time, Maggie didn't know what was up with Beth (dead, alive, undead, etc) and then BAM! These hopes that she's gunna see her again cus she's alive!
Then she sees her alright..
Being carried out by Daryl, lifeless :sad1:

I thought it was a good way to end the show until February, but damn it broke my heart!
AMC's Facebook ruined it though :-x they posted a pic of Daryl holding her body and the caption being "RIP Beth" before it even aired on the West Coast! Like wtf?!

Reactions: Felicity
No kidding, this was my exact reaction when I saw Beth die.

Q4bI5.gif

I had seen a spoiler on tumblr (gif of dawn being shot) so I thought that was gonna be the big moment and "kill of the episode". Horrifyingly surprised I was.

Not gonna lie, I had a little cry haha

Makes for a brilliant show when you know full well you can't get attached to any character as at some point they may just well die! Very much like Game of Thrones in that respect

What I love about this show is the character development. Carls has been amazing through the seasons, as has Daryl & Carols. One of the most brilliantly written shows

And I HATE mid season breaks. A frustratingly American invention haha, what is the point in them?!

Reactions: MayaEden
sweetiebatman said:
And I HATE mid season breaks. A frustratingly American invention haha, what is the point in them?!

100% economics.
Nielsen ratings are done in sweeps four times a year to see what people are watching, during February, May, July and November. (there's more instantaneous ones too) These four big months determine the scale networks charge for advertising time during those shows.
In my youth TV series would just show straight through and have more episodes per year with few breaks. But with cable and so many channels popping up competition got fierce. Originally they started cutting back episodes per season to save money.
Honeymooner's (1956) - 39 episodes for one season.
M.A.S.H. (1972) - 24 episodes 1st season, 21 episodes 10th season.
Walking Dead - 16 episodes
Game of Thrones - 10 episodes

One of the ways to combat that was realized they could show new episodes during those 4 months and cut back/not show any/show repeats during the off months.

Then they got the idea of cutting 'season's' in half because they could do two ending cliffhangers or largely advertised starting episodes during those key months. Thus garnering higher ratings to be able to charge more for ads.

As an added benefit many also do what farscape and stargate did. They can sell those half seasons for almost the full season price on DVD. Full season - $40. Two half seasons at $35 each...more $$$

That's why you're stuck with such long breaks and December is notoriously suck ass for new shows. People think it's because they show Christmas stuff, but it's because money.

MayaEden said:
No kidding, this was my exact reaction when I saw Beth die.

Q4bI5.gif

I enjoy this show. And I enjoy that they have strayed from the comics (which I read). But last season seemed to drag a bit and left me thinking 'new season of TWD starts soon, meh'.

I'm glad I tuned in, this season has been the best, and has had my emotions going haywire with so many touching scenes.

Yes, I'm generally an emotional guy, ET Still tears me up. But I've never had a TV show have that affect on me. Devastation at the cruelness that is GoT, but never tearing up.

Is this show going to start to replicate GoT, I hope not. I was really enjoying the development of Beth, and was gutted in that last episode. Feeling what Daryl and Maggie were going through. Really feeling it. I was devastated. It stayed with me for a couple of days, it really hit me hard.

I'm glad I didn't give up on the show.

Attachments

• Walking-Dead-Foot-Meatloaf.jpg
    Walking-Dead-Foot-Meatloaf.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Walking-Dead-Foot-Meatloaf-recipe.jpg
    Walking-Dead-Foot-Meatloaf-recipe.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 248
PunkInDrublic said:
Better Call Saul premieres after tonights episode. Excited for both.

I didn't know that, thank you!! I was wondering when it was on. Sweet!

What did you guys think of the new episode?

Sometimes I feel like they got a bit heavy-handed on the artsy cinematography and I didn't love the flow of the episode but how they did the opening and then the ending was intense! Tyreese was my favourite character and such a good guy to have around, it was really heartbreaking to see him go. Especially so slowly and sadly :crybaby:

I don't know if it needs to be put in a spoiler box in this thread (I assume you wouldn't read it until you were caught up) but just in case!!

I forgot to record Better Call Saul, boo. Will have to get it in demand.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
I really thought he was going to make it and would have liked him to go out in a more honorable way than being bitten by a ninja zombie that just randomly appeared. Still really liked the episode. Better Call Saul was great, episode 2 is tonight.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
I Loveeeee The Walking Dead!

Sooooo character I like the least ? Carl.... But lately he hasn't been on my nerves as much! The only thing good he has ever done is his one hit wonder Carl Poppa On YouTube. And now I have that catchy jingle in my head. Almost Sunday again! :dance: can't believe I just found this thread!

last ep was interesting. michonne was really set on finding somewhere to call home. hope its not gonna turn out like terminus !!

Why are people still in this day and age getting upset over gay characters on television? Like ffs, it is 2015. Grow the fuck up, build a bridge, and get over it.

Perhaps my favorite speech of the entire series.

You can't tell anyone, not even your mom. Because if you do, one morning you’d wake up and you won’t be in your bed.

"Where will I be?”

You’ll be outside the walls, far far away, tied to a tree, and you’ll scream and scream because you’ll be so afraid. No one will come to help because no one will hear you. But something will hear you. The monsters will come. The ones out there. And you won’t be able to run away when they come for you. And they will tear you apart and eat you up all while you’re still alive. All while you can still feel it. And then afterward, no one will even know what happened to you.

… Or you can promise not to ever tell anyone what you saw here and then nothing will happen. And you’ll get cookies. Lots of cookies.

Soo the season finale has just aired in the UK and woooooooooow, what a brilliant ending! I absolutely adore Rick & Carole, The changing character development and dynamic reallty drives the show and there was a lot of hints as to what we are into next season!

its all set up for an amazing next season, It might be a while away bit "The Fear of The Walking Dead, the "sister show" airs this summer and sounds brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.