AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Want to remove Chaturbate ID info

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2017
Hello; I realize this may not be the most on-topic post for this forum, but I just really feel like I messed up, and would love to have some guidance here.

So a few nights ago, after suffering from bad anxiety/panic attacks for a while, Chaturbate came to mind as a way of keeping my mind off other things for a while. I made an account and started to stream myself. (just my lower body; no face) I was then banned, which made sense, and asked for age verification. I provided verification, which was approved, but now that I'm thinking clearly, I feel really stupid for sending them my ID in the first place, which includes my home address.

I just feel petrified that someone at the site may have stolen/looked at my ID, and now my address could be in the hands of someone less than legitimate. Is there any way of having Chaturbate remove all copies of my ID, and even revoking the model form I signed? It would just give me some form of peace of mind; I'd delete the account once I was sure everything was removed. Does anyone know if Chaturbate is known to keep ID info legitimately safe?

What's more is that, after looking at their ID requirements, it states they do not accept driving permits, only licenses; despite me sending in pics of my permit, and having verification approved.

Overall I just want everything related to Chaturbate to be gone and forgotten. It's actually made my anxiety much worse, to the point that this is the only thing I'm now worried about anymore. I'd just disable my account, but I don't know if that also makes Chaturbate remove copies of my ID info. Also, apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.

Your ID and identidy are safe. CB needS it for record keeping so the site can prove you are of age and isn't producing CP. Your ID needs to stay on record for 7 years, then it goes away. All it's going in a file, where it will stay. It's confidential and safe.

What was the driver "permit" she supplied that they accepted? did they screw up yet again

What was the driver "permit" she supplied that they accepted? did they screw up yet again
A drivers permit is a form of id so no they didn't. It's a legal form of id in all countries that I'm aware of. I think this is just a case of someone getting cold feet after camming.

CB won't release or tell anyone your identification stuff, op. Your verification stuff is safe with the staff.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I just feel petrified that someone at the site may have stolen/looked at my ID, and now my address could be in the hands of someone less than legitimate. Is there any way of having Chaturbate remove all copies of my ID, and even revoking the model form I signed? It would just give me some form of peace of mind; I'd delete the account once I was sure everything was removed. Does anyone know if Chaturbate is known to keep ID info legitimately safe?

As long as you only submitted your ID to support on the appropriate page, you're safe. They're professionals who are legally required to keep verification information on file. Your information would only be at risk if you had, say, uploaded your ID to your profile photo gallery.

What's more is that, after looking at their ID requirements, it states they do not accept driving permits, only licenses; despite me sending in pics of my permit, and having verification approved.

It may vary from area to area, but for identity verification purposes, a learner's permit (what I assume you mean by "driving permit") and a driver's license are the same thing. Both verify your age and identity. The only difference is whether you can drive on your own or not, and since camsites aren't traffic police, that doesn't concern them. I've used my learner's permit as identification on every site that I work on, because at the end of the day, it's still a government-issued ID.

A drivers permit is a form of id so no they didn't. It's a legal form of id in all countries that I'm aware of. I think this is just a case of someone getting cold feet after camming.

CB won't release or tell anyone your identification stuff, op. Your verification stuff is safe with the staff.

"it states they do not accept driving permits, only licenses"

are you referring to a temporary paper document, I don't know about driver licenses where you are but here . There is such a thing called a learners license and thats no valid i.d for camming as you can get it when you turn 16..

There is such a thing called a learners license and thats no valid i.d for camming as you can get it when you turn 16..

You can get it as an adult, too, in the states. I got mine at 22.

"it states they do not accept driving permits, only licenses"

are you referring to a temporary paper document, I don't know about driver licenses where you are but here . There is such a thing called a learners license and thats no valid i.d for camming as you can get it when you turn 16..

As far as I know, anytime you get an ID from the DMV it is paper before they can send you the card. Driver's permits are still valid forms of ID because they're state issued forms of ID. I can see where a site does not accept paper IDs because they are not a card, but chaturbate does accept driver's permits. These permits you can get at like fifteen or so? It's super early on, but they last for a couple of years. I did not have to update mine until I turned nineteen, so I was using it for cam IDs before then. They're still valid, and you can even get them after you turn eighteen or older because not everyone has the opportunity to learn how to drive while they are still a minor. :D

@OP, the site has to have a form of ID from you. It's actually a HUGE no-no if they don't get IDs from the models. :D It isn't a huge issue, but if you delete your account I would think that the info deletes as well. :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Permits back in the day for driving used to be only paper. No actual card was ever sent out later on. That ma be where some confusion is coming into play. Even back in the day though paper ones still said date of birth and such. However they did not have a picture of you on them. It was wise back then to just get state IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.