AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weeeeekend!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
What a productive weekend! Ran all over town yesterday running errands and gettin' stuffs done. As much as I usually hate driving about, I actually enjoyed being out and about. Jawbs and I got crafty stuff for a fun at-home project (completed, awesome!) and went to lunch where I ate my first junk food in a week. :D MMMmmm burger, fries and Blue Moon beer. Later on, after we started the project, we started watching Game of Thrones and had some wine, cheese and crackers. I'm really loving the Project Happiness syrah from Trader Joes. As my MFC friends know it, it's the Happy Wine with the :) on it. Not sure how much we like Game of Thrones thus far. We may not really give it a chance to grow on us, after 1.5 episodes we may just call it a failure. I had such high hopes. Oh well.

Today was much the same. Slept in a bit... while Jawbs actually woke up earlier than me and while waiting for me to get up, fixed a bug on the forum (no more broken links!) and once I woke up, he taught me how to word filter. Made breakfast and really just did whatever all day. We just finished a bit of Portal 2 Co-Op. For some reason, Co-Op doesn't make me motion sick like single player campaign does. *shrug*

It is now time to finish this tequila sunrise, go plop some burgers on the grill, and cuddle up on the couch for MEGA TV NIGHT! Survivor finale and Apprentice finale. w00000tsauce. :dance:

It's doubtful any of my MFC peeps will see me on cam tomorrow, but I will be online most (if not all) of the day for Monday. I'm sure I'll be tweeting up a storm and catching up on forum stuff. Hope to catch you then. ;)

I actually can enjoy those shows a bit Mikey but I don't think Amber or anyone I know thinks reality should be anywhere in the description of these shows

I'm so glad you had a great weekend. :dance:

Cya on Tuesday ...or on twitter tomorrow

Game of thrones isn't what I expected but I've really enjoyed it.

I think if you want more dungeons and dragons and and more stabby stabs then it's gonna disappoint.

But hey, boobs..who doesn't like them?

Mikeythegeek said:
I agree with Keii except for the whole faux-reality TV thing. :p

See ya tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on whether the blog or your tweet was more accurate.

Umm...
Nerdy_Boy said:
I'm so glad you had a great weekend. :dance:

Cya on Tuesday ...or on twitter tomorrow

Pretty much what I mean when I say "see ya tomorrow". I mean, I never actually see you guys even if I am on MFC, you see me. So I refer to seeing people as in interacting with them around the Interwebs.

PS: Apparently The Apprentice finale isn't til later this week.

PPS: It's not that I wanted Game of Thrones to be more Dungeons and Dragonsy, I just wasn't knocked off my seat by it. It didn't leave me wanting to watch more to see what happens next, sorta bland story telling, IMO.

AmberCutie said:
PPS: It's not that I wanted Game of Thrones to be more Dungeons and Dragonsy, I just wasn't knocked off my seat by it. It didn't leave me wanting to watch more to see what happens next, sorta bland story telling, IMO.

I think you should stick with it little longer, at least to episode 5. If it don't leave you wanting more, then this show might not be for you.

I think the first couple of episodes are more about character development and less about the story. The story is moving slowly, so I can see how the story can come off as bland. But eventually the story will pay off.

Nerdy_Boy said:
AmberCutie said:
I think you should stick with it little longer, at least to episode 5. If it don't leave you wanting more, then this show might not be for you.

I think the first couple of episodes are more about character development and less about the story. The story is moving slowly, so I can see how the story can come off as bland. But eventually the story will pay off.
Indeed, the first book (which this season is based on) moves a bit slowly for the first half, because it has to introduce a LOT of characters and concepts, but then it really starts to pay off down the road.

It's definitely more about political machinations than Dungeons and Dragonsy though. (That's not to say that those more fantasy elements aren't there, but they're secondary in many ways.) What I might recommend, Amber, since, you're having trouble with the pace, is to just wait until all 10 have aired and then try to blast through the whole thing in a marathon weekend or something, so you can really see how the pieces fit together without having to wait for it all to come together.

Goal said:
Nerdy_Boy said:
AmberCutie said:

Indeed, the first book (which this season is based on) moves a bit slowly for the first half, because it has to introduce a LOT of characters and concepts, but then it really starts to pay off down the road.

It's definitely more about political machinations than Dungeons and Dragonsy though. (That's not to say that those more fantasy elements aren't there, but they're secondary in many ways.) What I might recommend, Amber, since, you're having trouble with the pace, is to just wait until all 10 have aired and then try to blast through the whole thing in a marathon weekend or something, so you can really see how the pieces fit together without having to wait for it all to come together.
I like political. I'm not sure if anything will ever compare to The Tudors for me, though. If anything, I see Game of Thrones being too Dungeons and Dragonsy with their White Walkers and giant scary wolf dog Dire Wolves and not political enough for my taste.

AmberCutie said:
I like political. I'm not sure if anything will ever compare to The Tudors for me, though. If anything, I see Game of Thrones being too Dungeons and Dragonsy with their White Walkers and giant scary wolf dog Dire Wolves and not political enough for my taste.
I've not seen The Tudors yet, so can't compare.

I understand where you're coming from with the White Walkers. That first chapter of Book One almost put me off the books for that same "too Dungeons and Dragonsy" feel, but they don't really appear again in Book One. They're more the growing-menace-in-the-background-that-everyone's-ignoring (like the Shadows on Babylon 5). Even as of mid-Book 3 (where I'm at now), they're not a huge part of the storyline yet. So fear not...more politics, fewer White Walkers ahead in your immediate future.

First half of book one (and thus season one) is setting up a lot of players in the political machinations that really unfold in the second half, then explode across Book Two. So again, might be worth waiting and then watching the entire first season in a weekend or something, so you can get the introductions out of the way rapidfire and then on to the good stuff. ;) Remember how the first half of "The Fellowship of the Ring" plays out: it's a lot of character introduction and setting the stage for the much coolers things to come in the second half and then in the subsequent books. Much can be said of "Game of Thrones" with respect to the rest of the Song of Fire and Ice.

One place where I think the TV show has fallen down, mainly due to time and budget constraints, is that you don't get a really good sense of the strong (almost telepathic and symbiotic) bond between each Stark child and his/her direwolf. They hint at it where they can, but it's so much more explicit (and meaningful) in the books. So I can see where the Direwolves wouldn't be doing much for you without that background info.

Status
Not open for further replies.