AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with First Choice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is finally good news if they are preparing to do that. Thank you for sharing that with us :)

I'm afraid it is not really much different than what they have been saying for over a month now: we are preparing to wire transfer the funds but we don't have a time frame to do any of that.

yeah
it's killing me too
my life was divided into 'before' and 'after'

Set new goals. Keep in a spreadsheet how much you have earned in your 'after'life after FCP was closed. If you have earned 100% of that "stucked" money, close that bad chapter and start living again.

I have already earned 21.19% of the amount. I already feel better now that I know this.

Set new goals. Keep in a spreadsheet how much you have earned in your 'after'life after FCP was closed. If you have earned 100% of that "stucked" money, close that bad chapter and start living again.

I have already earned 21.19% of the amount. I already feel better now that I know this.

I'm at about 10% - bruto speaking - but unfortunately we also need to pay bills and living costs with this so in reality I am at around 0,2% net.
It will take +4 years to recover from this if I don't do anything crazy like going away for vacation.

I want to chime in and state I have had HORRIBLE issues with Paxum in the past.

Bank transfers stopped working. My money always made it back to my account but a friend had to literally harass them like a crazy person when they told her she was out 1k.

I had a card, a month or two before the expiry they charged me the fee for a new card. I asked why they charged it so early. They said it was too make sure I got the card on time. I thanked them.

Then my card expired and they hadn't processed my new card at all and literally told me that I told them I didn't want a new one. I reread my messages to them several times and saw no way they could have got that from my messages. They admitted they had fucked up and then I waited like two more months or something crazy for a new card.

They also after me re-uploading my new id and address verification after my old id expired randomly blocked my account from accepting payment. SM kept telling me it was on Paxums side. Paxum kept telling me it was an issue with SM. Finally SM got in touch with Paxum themselves and Paxum told them that when I submitted my new id and address confirmation they put it in as accepted but didn't update it on their end. But when I kept opening tickets they kept refusing it was an issue on their side.

Also when I very first opened a Paxum account through kinklive they refused to give me my money then. Telling me that I needed to activate my card even though I went through the activation process already and showed as active but I couldn't load money to the card because it kept saying it wasn't active. This went on for a long while closing my tickets without even replying after the first time telling me I just didn't know what I was doing. Kink live intervened for me at that time and it was resolved.

All those things happened a while ago so I may have minor details mixed up but last year I wrote out my experiences here while it was happening if you search Paxum you might find it.

If Paxum bank transfer is your only option to get paid take it but I DEFINITELY recommend trying to save as much money as is humanly possible in case they fuck you over and you have to wait for your money. Yesterday I stated I thought it was a good choice if you already had the card in your hand but since their cards are cancelled too I don't believe they are a great choice.
It's red flags like this that you hear from a few affected individuals before you fall under the bridge yourself and also get screwed.. I've never used Paxum, now I never will lol.

Choice Bank Ltd. Funds Availability Policy

1. It is the Bank’s policy to provide you with early access to deposits credited to your Account within

the guidelines of sound banking practice.

2. Subject to Belize and other applicable law and correspondent banking requirements and as otherwise expressly set forth herein, you may make withdrawals from and fund transfers or other payment transactions with respect to your Account in accordance with this Policy and as the Bank otherwise permits.

3. Subject as otherwise expressly provided herein, unless the deposit is held for a fixed term, wire transfers and other deposits will generally be available on the first business day after the Bank credits your deposit to your Account save that the Bank may require up to 30 days’ prior written notice of withdrawal from any demand deposit, savings or other Account.

4. Unless the Bank agrees otherwise, withdrawals and other fund transfers must be drawn on deposits already credited to your Account in the denomination of your Account, and may only be made through withdrawal orders or instructions (“Authorized Instructions”) the Bank approves for use with your Account.

5. In connection with any Authorized Instructions, the Bank may from time to time additionally request you to provide identification, customer signature, financial or other information or supporting documentation acceptable to us to validate your identity and the instruction prior to the withdrawal.

6. Notwithstanding receipt of any Authorized Instruction or other instruction, order, right or interest to deposit or withdraw funds, transfer funds or make payments to or from your Account, the Bank may limit, restrict, prohibit, modify, suspend, refuse or administratively freeze or otherwise place a hold on your access to or use of your Account, based on any one or more of the following:
    any attempted deposit,withdrawal, fund transfer, payment or other transaction, in our opinion, does not comply with the requirements of the Agreement, including this Policy, or does not comply with, or is in violation of or may be in violation of, any applicable laws;

1. an adverse claim is asserted against your Account or any funds in the Account, or a garnishment, attachment, levy, order, judgment, directive or other legal process is served on us relating to you or the Account or is levied or filed against the Account or the funds in the Account;

2. adverse information in credit reports;

3. our adverse experiences with you relating to the Account, other Accounts you

maintain with us or any of our affiliates, or other relationships you have with us or any of our affiliates, including your default under any agreement or credit relationships with us or our affiliates or the default by any other person under any credit relationship where you are a guarantor or other supporting obligor;

4. the Bank suspects that irregular, unauthorized or illegal activities may be involved with your Account;
      1. the Bank’s current and forecast liquidity, and any actual or potential constraints or shortfalls in respect thereof as determined by the Bank from time to time, having regard to the interest of depositors and other creditors of the Bank as a whole;

2. statutory liquidity requirements of the Bank, statutory capital adequacy requirements or any applicable Central Bank of Belize directive, if any;

3. any applicable law;

4. as a matter of necessity in the interest of depositors and other creditors of the Bank as

a whole, as determined by the Bank at its sole discretion from time to time; or

5. any other commercially reasonable reason as determined by the Bank at its sole

discretion from time to time.
      1. The Bank will not be required to provide you with prior notice before the Bank exercises any of the foregoing rights.

2. The Bank will notify you of the reason why such action is taken within a reasonable period of time after the action is taken, unless the Bank is prohibited from notifying you by any applicable laws or for security reasons.

3. The Bank will not have any liability to you or any other person if the Bank does any one or more of the foregoing for any of the reasons just stated, and the Bank will not have any liability to you or any other person based on the timeliness of any notification to you regarding any of the foregoing.

4. This Policy is hereby reduced into writing for the purposes of publication and the terms hereof shall be deemed to be incorporated in and made a part of the Depository Agreement General Terms and Conditions for all purposes as if fully set forth therein.

5. If any item or provision contained in this Policy or any part of it (the Offending Provision) is declared or becomes unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason whatsoever, including, but not detracting from the generality of the foregoing, a decision by the competent domestic courts, an act of the legislature or any statutory or other byelaws or regulations or any other requirements having the force of law, the other terms and provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect as if this funds availability policy had been executed without the Offending Provision appearing in it.

Still wondering why I can't "rest assured that I have a quality payments provider"...

They also claim to have no hidden fees when in fact they charge like 3% for any purchase made via card. When reading up in their fees, no where does it state the fee. I only noticed when I realized a receipt I had was cheaper than my FCP transaction upon doing my 2017 taxes. I called support and they explained the fee and how it was basically written in the fine print. No hidden fees lol. Of course, it's such a minuscule amount I simply brushed it off...

If you check the TOS you agreed to, it's bad news. If FCP/Payoneer liquidate or just lose your money, you can only expect to be reimbursed an amount equal to what you've paid them in fees. Your money is not guaranteed to be safe by their own admission. It's not protected the same way a bank account is. Unless FCP had us agree to different TOS, this is what you've got-

Wow. With that being said, it's amazing that companies agreed to work with them and risk taking a potential hit, like this. That is, assuming companies like YouKandy really d
If Choice bank knew they had a problem as far back as November of last year and didn't bother telling anyone, you all best believe they will screw you. Get any money out of your card that you can and prepare for a loss.

This sounds accurate, sadly.

If you go on the Belize choice bank website you will read on news section that on march 2018 they agreed on FACTA which means they have frozen any account in order to find out the accounts held by US citizen,adding to this they are on liquidity constraint position maybe they are in debt with US who knows. I just don't understand why is so hard for them to say what's really going on which would be the easiest and best reply, looks like all third world countries (no offense to people) '' Belize'' suffer this syndrome; hiding dirty money, hiding truths... So no one would have to make so many speculation ( damn god) .... I don't want to talk about first choice pay....
Would this have anything to do with the US looking into tax evasion linked to US FCP card holders? I wonder if that has anything to do with the cause of liquidation.

I decided to research this problem with adult payment services closing more deeply, and I do not like what I am finding. It is now my opinion that these closures may be the direct result of the passage of the FOSTA/SESTA legislation, which Trump signed into law on April 11, 2018. This may be the tip of a tidal wave that could shake many parts of the adult services business. This may be a topic that the models are already discussing extensively in their private forums. I have no way to see those conversations, and I apologize if I am duplicating that content.

FOSTA/SESTA is anti sex trafficking legislation. The problem is that - as usual - politicians twisted the language of the bill to completely confuse criminal acts of sex trafficking with consensual acts by individuals who have nothing to do with sex trafficking. I cannot find the language in the bill that passed into law on April 11, but the version that was being considered based on the original FOSTA bill made it illegal to operate “an interactive computer service” with “the intent to promote or facilitate the prostitution of another person.” Someone who is more up on this issue, please update us on what is the relevant language in the bill that became law on April 11. I really hope they dumbed down this language.

The way the bill was supposed to be written was to attack people who force people - against their will - into prostitution. The language as written will be used by politicians and district attorneys to attack websites that enable all kinds of sex work simply because the site "facilitates" behavior that might only represent a small fraction of the website.

What also makes this bill a threat to the entire online sex industry is that it removes the Section 230 protections of the Communications Decency Act. As a result, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and even a web hosting service, all become liable for criminal penalties if they host content that facilitates prostitution. Even though - technically - most sex work is not prostitution, many of these sites do not want to get into the business of reading your content and making legal judgments about what is and what is not allowed behavior. Many of them could resort to just wiping out adult content as a way to minimize their legal risks.

When the First Choice news came down and I read about the bank's liquidity problem, at first I thought it was an issue specific to the bank. What triggered all of my suspicion and research was the news that ePayments - which does not use any bank to issue its own Mastercards - suddenly stopped issuing cards and said it was reviewing its policies. Then I read that ePayments was no longer accepting wire transfers denominated in US Dollars. That was a clue to me that ePayments is distancing itself from the US market and does not want to be subject to US regulation. Now that I see FOSTA/SESTA is law, it all becomes clearer what is going on here. This is all the start of a big squeeze on every part of the online sex industry.

This is a truly depressing moment for free speech. I really did not believe they were going to pass this thing into law, and I underestimated the whole situation.
I've asked FCP who responded by stating that FOSTA / SESTA had nothing to do with the cause of liquidation. Despite that, adult workers will definitely be affected by the new law. I recommend using a VPN when in Skype shows!

I've asked FCP who responded by stating that FOSTA / SESTA had nothing to do with the cause of liquidation. Despite that, adult workers will definitely be affected by the new law. I recommend using a VPN when in Skype shows!

You were lucky, the uninformed idiots I get to talk to from FCP / Payoneer support couldn't confirm me anything about this. But I got a confirmation from Choice Bank that this whole issue has in fact nothing to do with FOSTA / SESTA.

Today I received this from Ad Kees from Choice Bank:
This is exactly what he wrote to me.

Dear *******,
We are currently preparing the wire transfers. The number is very significant and it will take some time still to sort this out.
We are currently working on a general update for all clients, which will most likely be sent out next week.
Best regards,

Reactions: klementine

Dear *******,
We are currently preparing the wire transfers. The number is very significant and it will take some time still to sort this out.
We are currently working on a general update for all clients, which will most likely be sent out next week.
Best regards,

haha I said it that this was smth positive :)

Dear *******,
Best regards,
The update will be sent next week... not the wire!
Hope it is a good update for us!
Thanks for sharing this with us!

The update will be sent next week... not the wire!
Hope it is a good update for us!
Thanks for sharing this with us!
My English isn't perfect but I understood this too. I hope they will give us news at the end of this week. Sure I'll continue to ask and menace them.

Dear *******,
Best regards,
A week ago he told me the same, I’m sure the answer gonna be the same next week as well :(

I will wait till thursday then I'll contact again him. I asked the help of an attorney so I hope Choice bank will do something more.

I understood but I wrote : I HOPE he will give us news within the end of this week. He told next week but I'm tired to wait.
Yea I know the feeling...
I am confused, it has been almost 40 days and more to come!
We will see the outcome maximum in 30 June...

Yea I know the feeling...
I am confused, it has been almost 40 days and more to come!
We will see the outcome maximum in 30 June...
Why you believe that max is 30.june? If it is true what one member wrote, by law they can freeze the bank up to 90days, and if its true what kees saying that they selling asets to gather the money, i would use max in order to get as much as i can if i were him, because once they are open, there will be no second chance for them...or us.
I will also write an email to paxum to ask for possability for wire transfer from choice....

Why you believe that max is 30.june? If it is true what one member wrote, by law they can freeze the bank up to 90days, and if its true what kees saying that they selling asets to gather the money, i would use max in order to get as much as i can if i were him, because once they are open, there will be no second chance for them...or us.
I will also write an email to paxum to ask for possability for wire transfer from choice....
I already asked about paxum and Kees said that paxum won't be an option even he tried to make it an option.

Dear ******,

We.will send out a general update in the next days. We will define timelines for the case to be settled.

Best regards
Ad Kees
I asked him about any news for us,and got this answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.