AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
...since MI5.....

Great show, MI-5, but I can never forget the second episode of the first series, where Helen, one of the MI-5 spies, is killed by having her head and arm plunged into a deep fryer. I found that very disturbing, and supposedly this prompted a record number of viewer complaints in Britain. The remaining episodes and series were certainly not lacking for violence and torture, but that scene has stayed with me.

Great show, MI-5, but I can never forget the second episode of the first series, where Helen, one of the MI-5 spies, is killed by having her head and arm plunged into a deep fryer. I found that very disturbing, and supposedly this prompted a record number of viewer complaints in Britain. The remaining episodes and series were certainly not lacking for violence and torture, but that scene has stayed with me.
I was never a fan of graphic violence as well, I enjoyed other aspects:)

MI-5 was great training for reading the Song of Wind and Fire in not getting too attached to characters.

Brutal show, in a good way as it had a purpose like "The Wire"

Osmia, have you tried "Fortitude"? Set in the arctic circle, which sounds lovely just now with summer heat. I haven't tried Icelandic TV arts yet, sort of stuck on Australia with the occasional hop over to NZ.

Interesting, can't pass on that. Subtitles and I can be a problem - "Das Leben der Anderen", no problem since German is pretty easy to follow for an English speaker. "Hatufim" aka "Prisoners of War" that was remade into Showtime's "Homeland" - I couldn't follow Hebrew with subtitles as there was too much lost and I gave up. Same problem with some Russian films I've tried.

First venture into Italian cinema, thanks for the suggestion.

MI-5 was great training for reading the Song of Wind and Fire in not getting too attached to characters.

Brutal show, in a good way as it had a purpose like "The Wire".

MI-5, if nothing else, introduced me to the very lovely Keeley Hawes. She was great in Identity and Line of Duty, too.

Osmia, have you tried "Fortitude"? Set in the arctic circle, which sounds lovely just now with summer heat. I haven't tried Icelandic TV arts yet, sort of stuck on Australia with the occasional hop over to NZ.

No; I hadn't heard of it, but now I will definitely check it out. I noticed that one of its cast members, Björn Hlynur Haraldsson, was the lead actor in Lava Field.

I went to see "It Comes at Night" yesterday. It was not what I expected but it was right up my alley so I enjoyed it. Can definitely see why some people wouldn't, especially because I think it's marketed as something different than it is. But it's a very well made, and well acted, movie.

Then I watched "The Road" because I recently read the book. Both were really good, and Viggo Mortenson was great in it.

movie: princess and the frog :3
show: the great british baking experience.

i would recommend BOTH of these! the princess and the frog is my favorite movie (black disney princess hello media representation!), and the great british baking experience is so relaxing to watch.

Reactions: Gen
I love Joel Edgerton's work, I actually saw a straight to DVD movie he directed a while ago and it was very well done and acted. I sincerely recommend it, it's called "The Gift"

Any chance for more Maury Chaykin and I'm in. "Gomorrah" arrived, only had a chance to watch the opening scene to try to get a feel... are they talking about their kids being on Facebook while going off to murder someone? I must watch and soon.

Any chance for more Maury Chaykin and I'm in. "Gomorrah" arrived, only had a chance to watch the opening scene to try to get a feel... are they talking about their kids being on Facebook while going off to murder someone? I must watch and soon.
Give it 10 minutes and I believe you be hooked :) It has way beyond just a crime series to it. From the Christian iconography, to generational gaps, and the fact that it's based on reporter's investigation of the Camorra in Naples.

Have recently become obsessed with American Gods the show and book, as well as Outlander. So much television :haha:

Reactions: swagger
Just started watching a Netflix documentary series called The Keepers, about the unsolved murder of a nun and another woman in Baltimore in '69. If you enjoyed Making a Murderer or deep crime docs, this is phenomenal!

Miss Sloane. Was as good as suspected but was hoping to be more surprised by the end game as I knew nothing of the back story.
People who come from a place of a completely intellectual outlook fascinate me.

movie: princess and the frog :3
show: the great british baking experience.

i would recommend BOTH of these! the princess and the frog is my favorite movie (black disney princess hello media representation!), and the great british baking experience is so relaxing to watch.

I'm glad you clarified that you liked that movie... I thought you were giving it a rating of a "3". ;)

I might have to watch that one of these days... It's been a long time since I've seen an animated movie...

Just saw the documentary 'The hunting ground', sometimes it is disturbing what free market systems can create... in this case to higher education.

Saw the new Spiderman movie yesterday. I felt they did a decent job with it.

Finally finished up Season 4.2 of Vikings! It was probably my favorite season out of all of them, actually. There's always ONE thing in every season that makes me rage over its silliness, but this season, there was nothing, and it was satisfying on a karmic level, man. And as always, the visuals are beautiful, the music is exquisite, the costumes are superb!

Reactions: DFT
Yeah, much excitement about Game of Thrones and I'm "meh". I've seen the sets, the wagons, the dragons, the rubes and the boobs. This has been going on for over a decade since I read the books, now I want the story finished. May well skip this season as it's just another tease to the finish.

But Rick and Morty? Hell yes! Tell me a fun story, then in a week or so tell me another. Off week, fill with some HarmonQuest. Now that's worth anticipating.

Reactions: swagger
Yeah, much excitement about Game of Thrones and I'm "meh". I've seen the sets, the wagons, the dragons, the rubes and the boobs. This has been going on for over a decade since I read the books, now I want the story finished. May well skip this season as it's just another tease to the finish.

But Rick and Morty? Hell yes! Tell me a fun story, then in a week or so tell me another. Off week, fill with some HarmonQuest. Now that's worth anticipating.
I gotta check this HarmonQuest now. I was about to start writing my final seminary paper in order to finish the degree, but thanks to you the plans have totally changed :)

Reactions: DFT