AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I am glad other's watch this, it's definitely what I have been wanting since I saw the trailer a while ago.
Obviously, a big piece of nostalgia and wanting to see just how they have been able to turn it into a movie. The trailer definitely fascinated me and didn't make me thing "oh no", so I will see this soon.
I really liked it, I went to the cinema to watch it in 3D and all, and I had a great time. I think it's all about the visuals and the nostalgia, the plot is very basic indeed but it doesn't ruin the fun.

I'm currently watching every single Puppet Master movie on Tubi. I loved them when I was younger, but there was only three movies back then. Now there's fourteen, and they get REALLY bad once you get to the later ones. They were never all that good, but they were fun at least, and the new ones are difficult to watch even if it's just to make fun of them.

I'm watching them until I get to the Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich at least, though, because it was written by the same person who wrote and directed Bone Tomahawk which was an incredibly well written (and dark and disturbing) movie, so I'm really curious about it.

I tried to watch the Dungeons and Dragons movie on two separate occasions, and I just couldn't get into it on either time when I tried, I found it boring and annoying and just plain meh.

But I watched the new Apple TV show "SILO", 2 episodes are out and wow, I am already liking this, it keeps you guessing and wondering. If you hate cliff hangers, wait for all episodes to come out so you can binge instead of 1 episode at a time

Dr Horrible's Sing a long blog, probably the best thing that came out of the 07/08 writers strike imo, I have lost count of how many times I have watched it since it came out. The whole thing is on youtube, if you havnt seen it I recommend giving it a watch.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3

It wasn't amazing and it felt like it was aimed a lot more towards kids than the previous ones, but it was a nice watch and interesting to learn more about Rocket

My friends and I started impromptu a "Saturday movie night", so I've actually been watching some movies lately. Last week was Everything Everywhere All At Once, which immediately became a favorite of mine. I"m a sucker for quirky, ambitious, stylish movies that you can just allow to wash over you. Last night, I saw The Northman. Not bad, but artsier than I was expecting. I came in expecting Conan, and got more Hamlet, instead, but I liked the portrayal of mysticism in it, and the overall feel of a quest.

Saturday was The Princess Bride. It is absolutely my favorite movie of all time. I've seen it countless times, and can play it out in my head, which is quite a feat for a guy who has trouble imagining things. Four of us watched it; three of us had a blast (I even wore my Princess Bride shirt and brought peanuts for the occasion.) Here's a question: do you or anyone you know not like The Princess Bride? Is it possible? I get there are stylistic choices that might not land, like it's intentionally cheap-looking and cheesy, because that's the pastiche it's emulating -- swashbuckling fantasy B-movies and public TV costume melodrama. But the guy who didn't like it said it didn't make any sense, which, well, doesn't make any sense. Dude lives for Broadway musicals, and The Princess Bride doesn't make sense? The other people in our group wanted to watch it because the one hadn't seen it -- and had been refusing to watch it up to that point. I'd just as soon not make him watch it because I'd rather not have one of my friends be a downer about something so important to me, but honestly, it just felt like he'd gone into it having decided he didn't want to like it, more to be a contrarian than anything. Kind of a bummer, but whatever.

Reactions: MDouble00
“The Evil Dead Rise”. The 1st scene was great, but then it becomes a mish mash of nostalgia to the original franchise, combined with homages to John Carpenter, Stanley Kubrick and Mama. All they needed was to cast Jessica Chastain in the lead role:) Something doesn’t stick, and the hyper self awareness of this movie makes it the very opposite of funny or entertaining, it makes it super hyper emo and cumbersome. Less dialogue and more action next time I say.

“The Evil Dead Rise”. The 1st scene was great, but then it becomes a mish mash of nostalgia to the original franchise, combined with homages to John Carpenter, Stanley Kubrick and Mama. All they needed was to cast Jessica Chastain in the lead role:) Something doesn’t stick, and the hyper self awareness of this movie makes it the very opposite of funny or entertaining, it makes it super hyper emo and cumbersome. Less dialogue and more action next time I say.
I thought I was the only one who didn't like it! Everyone I know was talking about how good it was. I'm a big fan of the other movies and the TV series and I thought this was the worst one.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
I just started "Silo". I Like everything about it so far. Actors, pace, color, music. Got the Idea because Rebecca Ferguson (Dune) is in it. She is very beautiful and a great actor IMO. And Tim Robbins is one of the best English speaking actors I know.

Reactions: NotYou
anybody know "galaxy Quest"? I was always a fan of Alan Rickman (prof. Snape)
this movie is so damn funny I can't believe I missed this.

Reactions: Vixxen81
I have so much time on my hands because I work graveyard right now, if I can find things that I'll like, I'm going through them pretty quick. So, I got some "in under the wire" viewing in this week.

I finally watched all of Metalocalypse before it left HBO Max. Definitely worth the time. The Doomstar Requiem opera was a great way to end it, and I can definitely see why fans have been begging for another season all these years. I do wonder what it means for the current movie production that the show has been removed from HBO Max right before the big switch to MAX (which is now Discovery and HBO content.)

Tonight, I heard that Willow was getting scrapped from Disney+. Woof. A show made specifically for the service, and heavily hyped, and it only lasted six months before being nuked. Honestly, I can't say as I blame Disney on this. I couldn't initially make it through the show, and I only went back to watch the remaining episodes because it's going away in a few days. As I'd mentioned in other threads, it might have been a serviceable YA fantasy show on its own, but it is a terrible continuation of the legacy of Willow. I can't recall hating sitting through a show as much as I hated sitting through Willow. But I plowed through the last few episodes tonight, and the last two at least actually managed to find their way to some sort of plot. In that way, it ended stronger than the previous six episodes, which were mostly tedious and annoying, and barely ran on the fumes of nostalgia.

Metalocalypse and the wasted potential of Willow has put me in a dark fantasy mood. Any recommendations? Live action, animation, anime -- any brand or streaming service is welcome (except GoT or its spin-off -- not a fan.)

Reactions: inertvolcano
I have so much time on my hands because I work graveyard right now, if I can find things that I'll like, I'm going through them pretty quick. So, I got some "in under the wire" viewing in this week.

I finally watched all of Metalocalypse before it left HBO Max. Definitely worth the time. The Doomstar Requiem opera was a great way to end it, and I can definitely see why fans have been begging for another season all these years. I do wonder what it means for the current movie production that the show has been removed from HBO Max right before the big switch to MAX (which is now Discovery and HBO content.)

I love Metalocalypse. I actually saw "Dethklok" when they were touring live and got my nose broken at their show. I've been to dozens and dozens of metal shows, and the only time I've gotten an injury was at the one for an imaginary cartoon band.

From

I really love this TV show but it is starting to really annoy me.
It's already near the end of Season 2 and we still have no answers, on the one hand it's nice and keeps you intrigued and guessing, but then it makes you (me at least) lose interest because it's constantly question after question, and there are a few silly things that annoy me.

I just hope they don't draw it out for 5 - 10 seasons and still not give answers, I will be pissed off because it's good to have some answers, even if not all or many.

From

I really love this TV show but it is starting to really annoy me.
It's already near the end of Season 2 and we still have no answers, on the one hand it's nice and keeps you intrigued and guessing, but then it makes you (me at least) lose interest because it's constantly question after question, and there are a few silly things that annoy me.

I just hope they don't draw it out for 5 - 10 seasons and still not give answers, I will be pissed off because it's good to have some answers, even if not all or many.
Oh that sounds just like Manifest
I gave up on that one

Just started watching Poker Face and I'm enjoying it. Natasha Lyonne seems to have been typecast into playing a specific type of character, but it's a character I enjoy a lot. I also just like the premise a lot. I like mystery/crime dramas.

"Seven Psychopaths"

GREAT movie and what a cast!
Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken, Colin Farrell, Olga Kurylenko, Woody Harrelson and Tom Waits.

I watched 1408 these days; that movie scared the hell out of me back when I first watched and it so it did this week... I love how surreal it is and how it excels in expressing claustrophobic and desperate experience of the character

I just started watching Supernatural again from the beginning..

Last movie I watched was Fast X in the cinema

I’m at the movie theater now getting ready to watch Transformers Rise of the Beasts in 3D.