AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What webcam do you use/recommand?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Dec 1, 2023
Hello anyone!
I am having a big dilema.
I want to replace my Logitech Brio 4K with something better .
I have these options :
1. Sony ZV-1
2. OBSBOT TINY 2 4K
3. Logitech PTZ 2 PRO
4. Logitech Rally
Wich one do you use? What do you recommand?
Thank you!

Hello anyone!
I am having a big dilema.
I want to replace my Logitech Brio 4K with something better .
I have these options :
1. Sony ZV-1
2. OBSBOT TINY 2 4K
3. Logitech PTZ 2 PRO
4. Logitech Rally
Wich one do you use? What do you recommand?
Thank you!
IMO the sony is the only realy upgrade there from a brio, since its webcam to real camera which means bigger sensor, I'm not sure on the price of them where you are but here at least for the price it is (about $1500) I would be looking into the entry level mirrorless and dlsr's with changeable lenses

The ptz 2 would be a downgrade from the brio imo, it's a much older camera, you loose 4k and 1080p 60 fps, looking at the Rally it looks like that is the new version of the ptz since it's basically the same camera with just 4k and 1080p 60fps support and maybe better image quality since it is newer by quiet a few years. I wouldnt say the rally is an upgrade from the brio either though unless you really want the remote with the pan and tilt functions.

A friendly reminder to any Chaturbaters reading this thread, you must have 100,000 or more followers to broadcast in 4K on Chaturbate.
There's also very few people that use 4k displays when broadcasting but refresh rates higher than 30 is more common so 1080@60 would be the better choice anyway imo.

There's also very few people that use 4k displays when broadcasting but refresh rates higher than 30 is more common so 1080@60 would be the better choice anyway imo.
that should have been browsing not broadcasting :facepalm:

Probably off topic, but it's a cam question. I'm running an old Dell laptop with Windows 7 (yeah, I know) and a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema. We have AA&T fiber internet, but I'm not hard wired. My frame rates are all over the place but the picture looks decent most of the time. Nobody's complained, but the picture has lagged some and froze once. My wife is also online streaming frequently. Is my problem the old laptop and Windows 7, the camera (l have a Logitech C922x Pro arriving Tuesday) or streaming on WiFi, or all of the above. I have a laptop running Windows 10 that I could use if it would improve my issues. Any help is appreciated.

Probably off topic, but it's a cam question. I'm running an old Dell laptop with Windows 7 (yeah, I know) and a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema. We have AA&T fiber internet, but I'm not hard wired. My frame rates are all over the place but the picture looks decent most of the time. Nobody's complained, but the picture has lagged some and froze once. My wife is also online streaming frequently. Is my problem the old laptop and Windows 7, the camera (l have a Logitech C922x Pro arriving Tuesday) or streaming on WiFi, or all of the above. I have a laptop running Windows 10 that I could use if it would improve my issues. Any help is appreciated.
What's your FPS?

Also, I'm upstairs from the router, not really that far. I'm in a US neighborhood and there are others on AT&T.
When I had AT&T fiber installed, the guy doing it was adamant that an amplifier was needed to get good speeds if you're more than 15 feet away from the gateway. Try that as an inexpensive solution for the moment. I have barely any signal on wifi in the garage on my cell phone but it pops right back as soon as I open the door back into the main house. I'm fine with it because I don't want anyone connecting to my wifi and I'm only about 6 feet away with my CPU from the gateway and not hard wired to it.

Reactions: JULiUSMASTER
When I had AT&T fiber installed, the guy doing it was adamant that an amplifier was needed to get good speeds if you're more than 15 feet away from the gateway. Try that as an inexpensive solution for the moment. I have barely any signal on wifi in the garage on my cell phone but it pops right back as soon as I open the door back into the main house. I'm fine with it because I don't want anyone connecting to my wifi and I'm only about 6 feet away with my CPU from the gateway and not hard wired to it.

Also, I'm upstairs from the router, not really that far.
Keep in mind that wifi signal drops below the router-level as it travels (Think of it like cold air). Below the router will get better signal than above.
Yeah, I think they mentioned that option. It will be $10 more a month, but probably worth it. Thanks for your help! 👍
Instead of leasing an amplifier at $10 a month, you may want to consider investing $170-$180 and purchasing a mesh wifi system like this...
EDIT: Damn broken Amazon previews. remove the space between amazon & .com...
https://www.amazon .com/WiFi-6-Mesh-System-AX3000/dp/B09PRB1MZM/

I have a 2 story, rambling house and get blanket blazing fast wifi everywhere now. Well worth the investment

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Keep in mind that wifi signal drops below the router-level as it travels (Think of it like cold air). Below the router will get better signal than above.

Instead of leasing an amplifier at $10 a month, you may want to consider investing $170-$180 and purchasing a mesh wifi system like this...
EDIT: Damn broken Amazon previews. remove the space between amazon & .com...
https://www.amazon .com/WiFi-6-Mesh-System-AX3000/dp/B09PRB1MZM/

I have a 2 story, rambling house and get blanket blazing fast wifi everywhere now. Well worth the investment
El Gato, thanks for the info and the idea. I'll definitely look into it. 👍

Reactions: ElGato

If the laptop is old enough that it's running windows 7 then there's a good bet that the lag spikes are coming from it not being able to keep up with the work load. You can see if that's the issue by opening task manager when you broadcast and looking at the % of use on the cpu, if it's constantly stuck close to 100 then thats most likely the issue (or gpu but I dont think laptops that old supported hardware encoding, I could be wrong on that though). Reducing the resolution that you are broadcasting at can take some of the load off the cpu if that is the issue.

Great idea, King Marti. I wasn't streaming, but it would be in the high 20s then shoot up into the high 80s and mid 90s. I see 94 processes and it's using 70 percent physical memory. I think it only has 4gb of ram. I used it when I was here years ago, but I realize it's outdated. My "newer" laptop runs Windows 10 and has 16gb. Today I was getting fairly consistent 26-27 fps, but it would occasionally drop to below 10, but go back up quickly.

Great idea, King Marti. I wasn't streaming, but it would be in the high 20s then shoot up into the high 80s and mid 90s. I see 94 processes and it's using 70 percent physical memory. I think it only has 4gb of ram. I used it when I was here years ago, but I realize it's outdated. My "newer" laptop runs Windows 10 and has 16gb. Today I was getting fairly consistent 26-27 fps, but it would occasionally drop to below 10, but go back up quickly.
You might be able to get a little more life out of it switching it to a low recourse linux distribution (it's going to come with a learning curve if you arnt familiar with linux or unix operating systems though) or making it essentially a thin client for logging into a more powerful system remotely. There's a bunch of useful things you can use older hardware for (I have my 12 year old laptop running as a media box under my tv, and just finished setting up a game streaming server on my desktop so I can stream the games to the old laptop. I was using it to remote into the desktop, but the thing is so beat up with the hinges having ripped through the plastic casing they were fixes to that you cant really open it anymore, but as long as it still turns on I'll find a use for it and even when it dosnt turn on anymore I'll gut it for parts 😂 )

Reactions: ElGato
dropped my resolution down to 960 x 540
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

i love the j5 create 4k. it's unheard of lol but it's the best, better than logitech. it does cost around 200$ though but know that it's worth it!