AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When your favorite leaves....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2015
Hi everybody. I wanted to introduce myself first before I got to the topic at hand. I go by Ninja2099 on mfc and I've been there for a little over a year. I found out about this forum on twitter and have been lurking for about a month and decided to sign up. I'm a graphic deisgner by day and a perv by night lol.

I was curious as to how both premiums and models handle it when their favorite model or prem. leaves mfc. I had a model that I was close with leave in the fall and it made me legit sad. I know that this is a business and I've tried to treat it as such but when you get to know them as a person and they get to know you it almost seems impossible to not feel something, right? When she left mfc she would still call me and i was surprised she still wanted to hear from my boring ass lol. But then the communication stopped and it felt like I lost a real friend. I found out later why and I totally understood but it still hurt.

Fast forward to now and I feel like its happening again with another model. I have a feeling that she is leaving soon based on something she told me so I'm kinda ready for it but it still sucks. The nature of the beast I suppose. I wanted to use this thread to get other peoples opinion or if you just want to say something nice about someone thats not around anymore that's cool too :)

Yes a favorite model that leaves indeed is like losing a friend, and in the 3 years I am a member of MFC, I lost quite a few. It will never feel good. I always suppose that the model is better off.. she has a better job, a new love in her life or something else. In the last 6 months alone I have lost about 8 models that I just know I will never see or hear from again. On the other hand, a new favorite might sign up any moment.. so..

I think this has a lot to do with expectations.

If you expect more out of the relationship than she does, then you'll probably be disappointed when she leaves. You might be expecting some lasting friendship/romance, while she was simply expecting your polite, friendly company and tokens in exchange for nekkid stuff.

To avoid this, just temper your expectations. Most of the models seem to pretty clear about what they expect from you and what they expect to provide in return. Don't look for anything more than that. And keep in mind that there are some who might lead you to expect things that will never happen so that you'll tip more, etc. With them, caveat emptor.

It's possible that some genuine deeper friendship or romance might develop. Even though my cam site experience is fairly limited, I feel safe in saying that would be a very rare occurrence. If you think this is happening, don't raise your expectations until she very implicitly tells you she feels the same way and shows it by her actions.

Of course, all of this could pretty much be said of any relationship.

From the perspective of a model losing a premium (I should be getting verified here tomorrow as a model) on MFC, it does hurt very much when it comes with no warning. And even with the warning, it still sucks.

Someone who used to be my top tipper got "discovered" of his MFC activity. He was able to send me a snap explaining he was disappearing forever, then he just fell off the face of the earth. Yes, he was one of my highest tippers so it sucked, but he also knew a lot about me. It felt like I lost a part of myself, because he is out there with all that knowledge of me. There's another guy who was probably the most intelligent person I came across. He makes action figures for a living and I actually had seen him featured on a show before he stumbled into my room! I really enjoyed my conversations with him, but I haven't seen him in months.

At the same time though, I can't mourn all these broken friendships, it would keep me from making new ones. And who knows, they may show up one day again. :)

I have only been close to two models, in terms of a strong friendship bond, out of the five years I have been active on MFC (I don't count my guest/basic days). They both left, which was a huge deal for me, and the other ten or so members who had the same connection, as we were there from the start.

While it was painful, knowing that this is a cam based situation, helped me to overcome the struggle. I talked to the ten others on a daily basis to see how they felt. We asked if we could support one another at anytime. We all went to different rooms together. Eventually, overtime, they too, left.

I now only have two really strong bonds with members, but not models. If I were to ever build another strong bond with a model, I would, again, make sure that I know it is a cam based situation.

MFC support group!

Status
Not open for further replies.