AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some hopeful signs for those, like me, who are dismayed by the election of Donald Trump.

Trump has said that he wants to keep parts of Obamacare and replace it with something better (of course, "better" is subject to argument), without leaving a gap between Obamacare and its replacement/revision..

That's going to lead to an interesting conflict with the Republican Congressional leadership, who've had a massive hard-on for years wanting to get rid of Obamacare, Medicare and other parts of the Democratic safety net. Trump himself seems to be more moderate on this:

“Abolishing Medicare, I don’t think you’ll get away with that one,” Trump said last year. “It’s actually a program that’s worked. It’s a program that some people love, actually.”

Medicare is extremely popular among older people, one of Trump's core constituencies. They also should keep in mind the utter failure of George W. Bush's Social Security privatization initiative early in his 2nd term, when he thought he had so much political capital to spend.

Trump is a Republican in name only. He's also not a Democrat. He's basically a third party candidate without the third party. Here's an interesting quote:

"In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a 2004 interview. "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats. ...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."

Trump just does not seem to be ideologically-driven, unlike the Republican leadership. Which means that he may be more likely to take a pragmatic approach to governing. If he can avoid starting a nuclear war, or allowing the Russians to take over Western Europe, things may not be so bad.

Trump better fix that obamacare stuff like he promised. I will try to stay cool for now because is only been two days and he needs to actually get into office and do stuff. Also because press says stuff to annoy ppl including someone wrote trump intends to keep the program as is. I saw some interview and trump said some things about it but it all seems kind of vague fir me still. However he must do what he promised is why ppl voted for him. Watching him on this but is still too early I think.

I think a good clue is looking at the ppl trump surrounds himself with and picks to work with and what they stand for and stood fir in the past because he will pick ppl with a lot of experience in politics. Their former actions will tell a bit about the way is all gonna go.

Did you read the post I was replying to? She said men were emotional too that the proof was all the songs and art, etc. So I was responding by telling her art is the right place for your feelings while the Oval Office is not.
not that it couldn't be a serious conversation, alas... 'twas but a joke.

You know what? Gonna say it.

Repressing your emotions and not having an outlet for them isn't fucking healthy. Celebrating stupid virtues like "he won't cry in public" is dumb. There's a reason why the male success rate for suicide is higher than female rates. And it's because they feel alone because people tell them that having sad feelings is weak, and then pressure them to "man up" until they put guns to their heads and blow their brains out.

Men COULD have more emotional relationships and be better at handling their emotions if people let them express them without making it look weak as fuck. And maybe they wouldn't be killing themselves so successfully. Food for thought.

There are some hopeful signs for those, like me, who are dismayed by the election of Donald Trump.

Trump is a Republican in name only. He's also not a Democrat. He's basically a third party candidate without the third party. .

Really? Hopeful signs...ok
So if trump does do great things as a republican president that makes him democrat or third party?
Last time I checked he run as republican and it was his choice and he won as republican. A couple of ideas here and there which are different is ok for any party but maybe is also ok to admit that republicans can be good people.

Trump better fix that obamacare stuff like he promised. I will try to stay cool for now because is only been two days and he needs to actually get into office and do stuff. Also because press says stuff to annoy ppl including someone wrote trump intends to keep the program as is. I saw some interview and trump said some things about it but it all seems kind of vague fir me still. However he must do what he promised is why ppl voted for him. Watching him on this but is still too early I think.
This is the story we usually see, Obama was a great example! A president can promise to do ALL THE THINGS but a president is not a king and does not have complete and total power. Obama fought against a system who admitted to shutting down proposals not because they were bad but because HE wanted them for 8 damn years. The refusal to even consider his supreme court nomination was (unlike many try to convince the people) COMPLETELY unprecedented and undemocratic. A damaging a direct authoritarian spit in the face of the american people and their vote.
A few things Trump can executive order, but checks and balances (while looking to be pretty unbalanced the next while) are in place for that very reason, to make it difficult/near impossible for a dictator to rise to power and take over without due process. Some of Trump strongest talking points are unconstitutional and would likely result in impeachment in our republic system, which of course of the things he's softened on over time.

NOW. I'm not a fan of the current state of Obama care at ALLLLLL but if the opposing side in Washington wasn't such a big bunch of stubborn babies refusing to DO THEIR JOBS it probably wouldn't be so bad. Specifically the aspects of it that Trump has now spoke in favor of like making it illegal to deny coverage for a pre existing condition.

A lil story for everyone of why I don't feel paying that lil "penalty" every year for not having Obama care is a big deal.

One of my closest and best friends was diagnose with a Brain tumor known as a GBM, it is fatal and fast moving. In his 30's, married to his high school sweetheart who had never worked but was an amazing stay at home mom to their 5 children. They had never not struggled financially and he was just about to graduate a program and already had a huge salary waiting for him as a commercial mechanic for an airline. This was going to be their big break out of poverty finally and then boom, side swiped by an extremely rare cancer for a man his age.
Thanks to the system they were able to acquire insurance to allow the surgeries necessary to give the time they needed to figure out how she was going to go this alone WITH the help of her husband before he passed away. Their lives were all destroyed by his loss but left able to be rebuilt, without mountains of medical debt.
This is why I am in favor of fixing the system in place, and am glad to hear Trump plans to keep some very crucial parts. It shows a bit of good sense in him finally to me, that it's not wise to just hate everything that comes out of one person regardless of the good it could do.

So if trump does do great things as a republican president that makes him democrat or third party?
Last time I checked he run as republican and it was his choice and he won as republican. A couple of ideas here and there which are different is ok for any party but maybe is also ok to admit that republicans can be good people.
I don't think anyone here thinks Republicans can't be good people or do good things (some of the people you've been arguing against are moderate Republicans if you scroll back some pages), but Trump hasn't always been a Republican. He's basically the Bernie of the Republican side in this election. He didn't espouse everything the Republican party subscribes to. The difference is that the Republican party respected the will of their voters and accepted him as their candidate. I think to those of us who are uncomfortable with the idea of a Trump presidency, that is a silver lining. He might not just fall in line with total business as usual for his party, and they might not expect him too. That means this election is going to change the way the parties look at candidates and choose candidates (if they're smart). Tons of Americans on both sides are probably happy about that. I don't think it's a hating Republicans thing. It means change for the DNC too.

If that is what people need to think to be happy with trump as president then ok i understand but he is a republican.
In previous election he also supported republicans. Somewhere along the line he became a republican and I think is in his heart. I mean is what he does. And also I have this feeling that he is a republican. Republican is not just a name is a certain energy I feel that goes with it. I feel it I know it I get it there from him.

No, it means that if he does great things as a Republican president, then he does great things. My point was that he isn't a typical DC Republican like Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, whose policy prescriptions and talking points suggest that they're still living in the era of Ronald Reagan, when inflation was a threat, and globalization-related offshoring had barely begun. Free trade, immigration to support big business, tax cuts for the wealthy, and everyone else is on their own. Trump could end up bringing the Republican Party into the 21st century, which would be a good thing for the country.

If that is what people need to think to be happy with trump as president then ok i understand but he is a republican.
In previous election he also supported republicans. Somewhere along the line he became a republican and I think is in his heart. I mean is what he does. And also I have this feeling that he is a republican. Republican is not just a name is a certain energy I feel that goes with it. I feel it I know it I get it there from him.
typical identity politics

And yeah I recommend you guys read some of trump books if u want to know more about how he thinks. He is a very good person very encouraging and smart but he believes in ppl doing their own stuff so don't expect too many social programs and free stuff. But do expect intelligent management so u somehow end up with more money if u do stuff. Plenty more opportunities etc. that is my take on what will possibly happen which annoys some ppl who are protesting cause now they might actually have to trade their ebt and section 8 for a job but these jobs opportunities will be out there
I read almost all his books I took some advice from them in the past and some of this stuff is brilliant and has that feeling of being free energy. "Think big and kick ass" I really recommend that one for starters.

The only way that Donald Trump can "take away" EBT, section 8 and other programs would be to create more jobs and up the minimum wage so that people don't qualify or need. I don't think people would be annoyed by that. I hope you're right.

The president can't just scrap social programs on his own, and it would NOT benefit the Republican party to help him do so. A good portion of their voters are working poor.

Trump just does not seem to be ideologically-driven, unlike the Republican leadership. Which means that he may be more likely to take a pragmatic approach to governing. If he can avoid starting a nuclear war, or allowing the Russians to take over Western Europe, things may not be so bad.

Hopefully he doesn't sell Alaska back to Russia for cheap. :) Honestly, I hope he does good things (he also said he would be the greatest president that god ever created-- such lofty words, but, he did say he would win the election too, sooo, I don't know). Hopefully it's not something like "pay to play" or other nonsense and he got the attention of the career politicians.

The question is -why. Why would they do that. The answer is because they brainwash. (Depends who is in control of a magazine.)

Interestingly enough, I just heard a bit of a older Howard Stern show this morning where he was interviewing Hugh Grant. Grant was talking about how the news in his country is sooo invasive and controlling that the politicians are run by them. This was Hugh Grant speaking based upon his texting problems and how it affected him. He seemed pretty honest about the experience and I am inclined to believe him. Never thought that America would follow. I can't say I have been sooo let down by the media the last 16 years (obama 8, bush 8...I knew the Bush/Gore race was close, but I can't remember feeling so mislead) but it seems like they are trying to control the outcome -- or maybe they just wanted something that wasn't real. Trump always was saying that if he didn't win then the elections were rigged and, maybe, he had a point. Maybe he had real stats? It is just weird. Clinton should have said "GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND VOTE FOR ME PEOPLE" in places like Wisconson. It is really scary that finding an unbiased news source is getting harder and harder to find (I think, just based upon the stupid polls that couldn't predict shit).

Last edited:
A lot of ppl should not even be on these programs. They draining the system. Some of them are in the country illegally with anchor babies. Others just hang out with marijuana all day playing music. Section 8 should be for ppl who really need it like elderly etc American citizens.
California is a good example of this bullshit and lol so many hate trump there.
But of course this is simplifying things.
But I know from his books a bit of who he is and what he stands for and i feel this could be one of the best times for USA. I am excited.

Reactions: ga5457
Many times I have been stuck in line behind a person at a gas station or supermarket with an ebt card buying fritos and a supersized cola drink. LOL.Not sure what that has to do with section 8 aside from being an abused government program. It wouldn't be such a big deal for me if I didn't have to catch a train to get home after work. But that is what I get for living where I live.

WoW. I guess I was just relating.

This is an interesting phenomenon. I've seen some research (I would have to find it) that suggests that if EBT didn't cover non-foods like chips, sodas, velveeta, etc. that it could actually help our obesity epidemic. People with less financial stability also tend to have less access to information about proper nutrition, and might be more likely to make negative food choices.

Those programs should not cover soda. They should not cover any foods that have been proven to have a negative effect on health, because we shouldn't pay for food that makes people sick. Especially when we might also pay for their health care, which would have increased costs. That's not a problem with there BEING a program to help people access food, it's a problem with what foods are covered by that program. The only problem with that is that a lot of America is a food desert, meaning that those areas don't actually even have access to healthy foods without traveling, and not everyone can travel to get that healthy food. So if we don't let them get the unhealthy food with their EBT from their local gas station or wherever, they might not be able to actually even use their EBT to get food AT ALL. It's quite the conundrum.

The only problem with that is that a lot of America is a food desert, meaning that those areas don't actually even have access to healthy foods without traveling, and not everyone can travel to get that healthy food. So if we don't let them get the unhealthy food with their EBT from their local gas station or wherever, they might not be able to actually even use their EBT to get food AT ALL. It's quite the conundrum.

Not only that but healthy food (excluding a diet of only beans and rice) is generally more expensive than junk food. I could survive on $21/week if all I ate was frozen dinners, but if you try to eat healthy it gets way more expensive. And that's ignoring the fact that people that are impoverished often don't have the time to make proper meals because they're busy trying to survive in other ways.

Not only that but healthy food (excluding a diet of only beans and rice) is generally more expensive than junk food. I could survive on $21/week if all I ate was frozen dinners, but if you try to eat healthy it gets way more expensive. And that's ignoring the fact that people that are impoverished often don't have the time to make proper meals because they're busy trying to survive in other ways.

Yeah, I feed my household (2 people) on about 70 dollars a week, so we don't do bad, especially because we eat very healthy. I have a few luxuries that makes that possible, though, that a lot of families don't have. The other person in my household makes decent money at their job, and I only have to work very part time at sex work to make up the difference and provide us a safety net. We don't live somewhere expensive, but we have an abundance of grocery stores. I spend a lot of time each week seeing where the best deals are, and going to each grocery store that has the best deals on my staple foods. During the summer I even have the opportunity to go directly to local farmers to buy my produce, which can lower the cost and provide better quality food. That wouldn't be something I could do if I didn't have reliable transportation, if I didn't have the time, or if I were at the mercy of one local grocery store's prices. I make all of our food at home, from scratch, 3 times a day sometimes if there aren't leftovers from other meals I've cooked in the week. That's not a luxury I could afford if I had to have a full time job, or even a 20 or 30 hours a week job that required leaving the house. I would estimate that at a bare minimum each day I spend 2 hours on ensuring healthy cheap food for my household. That would easily be more time if there were more people in my household. In a lot of ways, I save money by not having to work outside the home. A lot of people literally don't have the time to eat healthy. Many people don't even know how to cook. I feel very fortunate that I have those luxuries.

It's really not that easy to be accepted into EBT. I think that all varies by state, but in Florida, you have to have a SSN to be eligible. And, even if you don't have a SSN, your income is counted. So, not being a citizen would mean they don't count you as a family member but they add in your income. All that means is less money for the family members (ie children probably) who do qualify.

My family receives food EBT some months. I don't feel ashamed to accept the help, but I do think it should come with some responsibility. Limiting food to non-junk food is not the greatest solution imo because tons of Americans don't completely understand what is or isn't junk. I do, however, think gas stations should absolutely NOT be allowed to accept food money. To get food stamps for more than like 3 months at a time, you need to be disabled or have children. They pretty much exist to help kids. There's nothing that children need at a gas station, and the prices are marked up like crazy. If a program funded by my fellow citizens is helping me feed my babies on a rough month, I can at least spring for a cab and get myself to the grocery store (wherever it may be) to shop smart.

I do, however, think gas stations should absolutely NOT be allowed to accept food money. To get food stamps for more than like 3 months at a time, you need to be disabled or have children. They pretty much exist to help kids. There's nothing that children need at a gas station, and the prices are marked up like crazy.

This so hard. I worked at a gas station for a while in my hometown right next to a motel that often housed the poorest people in our community and many of the homeless folks hung around there. It always was so sad and frustrating to me when people would come in and use their EBT cards to get things like pizza rolls or cans of ravioli that were TRIPLE the price than at the grocery store less than a block away. More than once a kid would complain that they were tired of eating that or they were never full after and a parent would comment on how expensive our stuff was so they couldn't get more. I wasn't allowed to comment on these things (store policy) and I so often wanted to shake them and tell them to please not spend all of it at our dumpy gas station that sells freeze burnt shit for way more than a grocery store.

—————

I used to think the EBT system was kind of shit (and I guess I still kind of do) but like Jicky said- it does pretty much exist for kids. I was really poor growing up but my mom was too prideful to get food stamps so I went without food regularly. Now I am around my SO's family and his sister would never be able to feed her 5 kids without it. I hate people who abuse the system but as long as kids are getting food, I think that is what is important. I do wish we could regulate at least a little about what is bought as well though and in some cases where it is bought from. But I think depending on the area you live in, it just isn't always possible.

Yeah, despite all these folks addressing him as "President Trump" already, he's still got two more months. Lol. Until then he is "President-elect Trump."

Reactions: Lexi Emerson

Yup, I've heard all this talk about gluten-free foods, and my eyes nearly bugged out the other day when I was in the store and saw the prices of some of these gluten-free items. And it'd be nice if they carried these items in bulk "Family Size" quantities...not these little "3 3 or 4 servings" boxes. Lol.

Update on the lil screaming black kid whos mamma kicked him out for mock voting for trump in school.. [links are on page 67 ]

15032847_1802830813293487_1257439221799939856_n.jpg

http://www.angryamericanarmy.com/te...used-young-son-on-video-for-supporting-trump/

:( I heard something about this, but hadn't seen the video until now. WOW, that is really sad and heartbreaking. WTF is wrong with her???

I'm also a little surprised that the school actually did a mock election with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the choices. I figured they'd do something cuter like "Vote for tater tots or French fries for lunch" or something. :) At one of my jobs, when kids are making remarks and Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, we're supposed to get them to talk about something else (since they're just repeating what they hear their parents say, and many people are unable to keep those discussions civil).

Reactions: Gen and Nordling
Status
Not open for further replies.