AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

wishlists?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetMayte

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 22, 2014
I've had some customers say they want to "spoil" me and ask for amazon wishlists. I want to know if this is some kind of scam something I should beware of and if it will compromise my address/safety etc.

ps. please no flames

SweetMayte said:
I've had some customers say they want to "spoil" me and ask for amazon wishlists. I want to know if this is some kind of scam something I should beware of and if it will compromise my address/safety etc.

ps. please no flames
Ask for amazon gift cards in the amount of the item and leave it at that. Amazon security issues are kind of an issue. Also many guys can make something look purchased, push for a show "now now now" then cancel it afterward. Essentially, yes it's scammy sometimes. The ones who generally aren't scammy are okay with the gift card thing.

There's been occasions when I've bought items from a wishlist and received an email from the courier stating the address it's being delivered to, so even though Amazon might keep your address confidential it's not a perfect system.

So yeah, asking for gift cards is probably the most secure option. :)

Any time you have an item on your wishlist from a third party seller (meaning the item isn't coming directly from an Amazon warehouse) there's a chance the person purchasing will see the address it's being delivered to. You can either do as Kami says and request only giftcards or you can invest in a PO box or UPS box and only use that address and your stage name for that address. Also, never agree to a show until the item is physically in your hand, Kami is right, guys can cancel a purchase after its been removed from your list but before it's shipped.

ETA: There's next to no flaming here so don't worry. There are a few members that like to be snarky but we try not to be rude to those with honest questions.

the first time i posted i had a bad experience with some flames so I do like to put it there just in case.

LilyMarie said:
SweetMayte said:
the first time i posted i had a bad experience with some flames so I do like to put it there just in case.
No you didn't.

This is not flaming. Neither is this. The girls were just helping you out. :)

I'm not authorised to be nosy...

Attachments

• sadwalk.gif
    sadwalk.gif
    977.5 KB · Views: 458
mynameisbob84 said:
LilyMarie said:
SweetMayte said:
No you didn't.

I think if anybody could charm his way into the models only forum, it would be you, Bob.

mynameisbob84 said:
LilyMarie said:
SweetMayte said:
No you didn't.

In my best Kitty Foreman voice....

" oh Bob"

He he he

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Another option (if you just want somewhere to have super cool stuff sent to you) is to get a box at a franchise. Some things won't ship to a PO Box but if you get a mailbox at a retail shipping store (if you're anywhere other than the US I know fuckall about it) you can sign up to have your stuff sent to any alias you want. IF a third party seller releases your shipping address they CAN google where your box is and if they're REALLY dedicated they could definitely wait outside of the place every day until you show up but while still a potential danger, very unlikely.

Reactions: LadyLuna
That's a very interesting thread. That brings another question I have. I've seen a girl's wish list where she was asking for gift cards of a slightly higher amount, for she had taxes to pay on the items. Does it refer to the US tax on buyer that changes from a state to another? (As taxes are the same all over France, the prices we see are usually the ones we pay in the end...) Or is it another kind of tax I should worry about?

LaNux said:
That's a very interesting thread. That brings another question I have. I've seen a girl's wish list where she was asking for gift cards of a slightly higher amount, for she had taxes to pay on the items. Does it refer to the US tax on buyer that changes from a state to another? (As taxes are the same all over France, the prices we see are usually the ones we pay in the end...) Or is it another kind of tax I should worry about?
Maybe she's talking about customs duty? :think: That can get super high when you're having things from the US shipped to Europe for example.

Reactions: LaNux
LaNux said:

Yes, sales taxes vary widely in the United States. We have no national sales tax; individual states impose whatever level of sales tax they want. And in many states individual counties and cities can have their own sales taxes in addition to the state tax. Depending on where one lives, one may pay anywhere from zero to ten percent in sales tax.

For this reason (among others) prices in the United States are nearly always listed without including sales tax. (There are exceptions, such as for gasoline and diesel fuel, where prices include tax, but for most retail goods prices don't include tax.)

My general rule with wishlists is, if an admirer wants to buy me something in particular I will state clearly that they will not receive anything in return other than the usual chat and of course a thank you and maybe a photo of me in said item (plus I'll wear it in my room if requested). With gift cards, I redeem them as soon as they are gifted as I've heard a lot of cam girls and boys have had their cards reversed after providing a service.

Also make sure you tick (or un tick) the third parties box on your Amazon wish list. If you allow third parties to see your address then you'll be allowing EVERYONE to see your address.

Trust no one :cool:

Scarlet_Bond said:
Also make sure you tick (or un tick) the third parties box on your Amazon wish list. If you allow third parties to see your address then you'll be allowing EVERYONE to see your address.

Do that, and then try to only add items that say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" below the price. It won't tell people they can't ship an item from a 3rd party to you until they've already started the checkout process. Which is annoying for them if they don't know this already.

Also, you may want to create a separate Amazon account to make a wishlist from, using a fake name or initials only, rather than using a personal account to do it. Often whatever is entered as a first & last name will be displayed even when the rest of the ship to address is hidden. Before you share your wishlist link anywhere, clear your temporary browser files from Amazon.com or open another browser, to view the link yourself without being signed into your account. So you can see exactly what it would show other people viewing your wishlist. Had to tell models several times before that their wishlist displayed their name on it. :snooty:

Rather than beginning a new thread, i figured to tack on my question to an already existing thread...

There have been times i wanted to surprise a model by purchasing an item not on her wishlist, so I was wondering if there were any way to buy items outside the wishlist. Of course, asking for her address is out of the question, and i want to maintain the element of surprise. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: goldenaye666
mutantdonut said:
Rather than beginning a new thread, i figured to tack on my question to an already existing thread...

There have been times i wanted to surprise a model by purchasing an item not on her wishlist, so I was wondering if there were any way to buy items outside the wishlist. Of course, asking for her address is out of the question, and i want to maintain the element of surprise. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Buy a small/cheap item that ships from amazon and then you can add other items to the same order. Members have done this to me several times!
I know you can do it, im just not 100% sure on exactly how.

Miss_Lollipop said:
mutantdonut said:

Buy a small/cheap item that ships from amazon and then you can add other items to the same order. Members have done this to me several times!
I know you can do it, im just not 100% sure on exactly how.

If you go to checkout with at least 1 item added directly off a wishlist in your cart, you can choose to ship other items in your cart to the same wishlist address during the shipping selection stage. The items just have to ship directly from Amazon, not a 3rd party seller, in most cases. Below the price of an item, it will tell you who ships the item. For example:
Fq5xQ31.jpg

Newbie-first post :hello2: Been reading forum for some time and I love to get a take from the models perspective, and this seemed the best place to ask.

Does anybody know about Amazon wish list security from the buyers perspective, will the recipient get hold of the senders details?

FYI while googling the question I came across the fact that if you are using whish lists with your real address when you go into order history it might give the recipient's address in the order details (be careful with privacy settings) just in case anybody was unaware.

non angli sed angeli said:
Newbie-first post :hello2: Been reading forum for some time and I love to get a take from the models perspective, and this seemed the best place to ask.

Does anybody know about Amazon wish list security from the buyers perspective, will the recipient get hold of the senders details?

FYI while googling the question I came across the fact that if you are using whish lists with your real address when you go into order history it might give the recipient's address in the order details (be careful with privacy settings) just in case anybody was unaware.
It is very likely that a person's address will be visible to the buyer at some point, whether it be in their transactions page or on any tracking info they're provided. Cam girls (or anyone wishing to hide their home address) should NOT be using their real name or home address on their wishlists. Getting a remote UPS box is the best (remote being not directly in their city, depending on how secure they're trying to be) way to go about it, with their cam girl name as the recipient at the UPS store, and use their cam girl name on the wishlist as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.