AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Worried about online cam studio

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2017
Hi,

I am a little worried about a camgirl i know for some time now.

She told me she works with a online studio, because she is not technical enough to do this herself. They help her with payment and questions an they take some percentage from her earnings.

What i am worried about is that she told me she don't direclty logging in on the sites where she works.
She is using some sort of portal website (i guess made by the studio) where she can access a lot of webcam sites from it.

Because she don't know how to fill in forms for getting paid or even about other things on certain websites, i asked if the online studio have acces to her accounts to do this, but she said they don't have access to her accounts.

I asked her about the age verification on Chaturbate (one of her sites where she work) by uploading a picture of ID cards, but she told me she never had to do this and don't know about.

I didn't understand this because you need to do this before getting paid on chaturbate.

Is it possible that all the money she made on official sites, goes directly to her accounts on the portal website, that she is using to accessing the official sites?

Is it safe using a portal website for camming? Because you never know how they made this website.

How is it even possible to not directly using the official sites?

Maybe i didn't understand everything what she told me and am i worried about nothing because she told me she always get her payment.

Anyone has more information about this?

I hope you understand my question, i am not so good in English.

Thanks in advance!

Studios take care of everything paperwork wise. All sign ups and verification. Models with studios never contact camsite support since they are considered 3rd party. Sounds like her studio has her set up for multiple sites at the same time and the portal is used to make it easier to access earnings and sites. I have heard of multiple studios (virtual and physical) doing this.

What happens is the site pays the studio, and the studio pays the models. The studio also has to take their cut since she is using their services.

I wouldn't be alarmed. This sounds normal. She sounds like she doesn't have a clue what's going on and she should ask her managers to clarify any confusion she has.

Former studio girl here. We had a portal too that we logged in. This was done so that we can't directly see the sites we work on and especially not other chat rooms. That would have given away that we were put on adult cam sites. We were told we just have to chat with customers and get paid for that, no mentioning of undressing or anything. After we "realized" where we really are, we were allowed to see and use the sites directly lol

While this is definitely shady, it is also probably "normal" depending on honest the studio is in their recruiting process. Studio will take its share of the earnings and pay her the rest. Good studios keep "only" 50%, the rather shady ones keep up to 80%.

Oh, and yes, studio has total access to all accounts, chat logs, can even watch your cam when you do c2c, because the managers can mirror the whole desktop. Great, huh?

She would of at some stage needed to take a photo holding her i.d to submit to CB. No other way around that unless she's not actually registered properly.

If she hasn't had her photo taken holding her i.d at some stage then she ISN'T officially registerd @ chaturbate

There is NO getting around the photo i.d verification part

If she hasn't had her photo taken holding her i.d at some stage then she ISN'T officially registerd @ chaturbate

There is NO getting around the photo i.d verification part

Did you try asking her if she had to show her ID to the studio?

If you don't think the studio verified her with CB. Then you should report it to CB.

O.P problem nothing to do with me.

Online studios would take your ID, and then get it verified all the cam sites you work at. They would simply do the registration process for you. It’s like being an actor and having an agent who gets all the work contracts organised for you, in exchange for a cut of what you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.