AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Worst Gifts Ever

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually pretty grateful just to receive gifts. However, I do agree with Jimmy Carr's assessment of gift cards. I think they're a really stupid idea. I also think they're kind of lazy, especially since, these days, there's a selection of dozens of gift cards available at any supermarket. Now, people don't even have to take the time to go to a specific place and buy a card. Just throw it in with the head of lettuce, loaf of bread, and quart of milk you actually came to the store to get. Just give me cash. Cash feels more thoughtful to me, to be honest, and I don't ever have the feeling that I'm obligated to spend it.

Reactions: TacoBelle
The worst gifts are those baskets with like bath stuff in it. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a scrubber, bubble bath, etc. It's tacky, smells terrible and just NO. LOL! XD

The worst gifts are those baskets with like bath stuff in it. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a scrubber, bubble bath, etc. It's tacky, smells terrible and just NO. LOL! XD

Is it weird that I like to get the men's shaving gift sets with toiletries? And I buy as many as I can when stores discount them after the holidays? It's stuff I never remember to buy until I need it :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Empress Mika
Is it weird that I like to get the men's shaving gift sets with toiletries? And I buy as many as I can when stores discount them after the holidays? It's stuff I never remember to buy until I need it :meh:

Noooo! I'm just a picky person. I want to only use certain products and not just anything will do. Men tend to be less picky ^_^ You're fine, haha!

(not even sure if anyone will get the reference, but what the hell)
One year, they had buffalo figurines at the dollar store, so my uncle received one from each of us, along with a pair of our old roller skates, so now he CAN roller skate in a buffalo herd!

Up next for your uncle, giant parakeet cage so he can shower in it?

• Funny!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I've kind of playfully tormented my niece with gift cards since she was young. She takes it well and gives it back, so it's fun.

One year I decided to the whole wrapping up the gift in layers of duct tape thing. A small gift card tin just layered and layered. Final size was bigger than a hard cover book and took two rolls of duct tape. Since that was the first time she's encountered that she just kept on unrolling it thinking the gift would be coming soon. It didn't dawn on her to get a knife and cut her way in quick.

The next year I got that back of course. Actually for several years there's always been the 'layered duct tape box' gift in our family. But then I decided to do the big honking box method. Went to a moving store and got the biggest box they had. Then got a bunch of boxes from walmart, one of them being a box all the boxes of pampers come in. A large computer box, and so on. By the time it was done I had 37 boxes all Christmas paper wrapped and nested inside of each other. Right down to that gift card tin.

The next year it was just a single box. Granted it was filled with a brick for weight and a wide assortment of packing foam, peanuts and air bubble wraps. The actual gift was a gift card. I had taken an X-Acto knife and carefully made a slit in the cardboard where the flap bends (on the bottom side of course). Slipped the gift card into the layers of the cardboard of the box itself. So when the flaps were shut the slit didn't show. That took a while for her to find.

And the last year we did this sort of stuff. It was another gift card. I taped it down on the plain white underside of the wrapping paper, then cut out another piece of wrapping paper to fit over that and used a glue stick to glue it down around the edges. So it really wasn't noticeable at all. Wrapped up a box with that. I made sure she got this gift last of all, well after the floor was full of wrapping paper and empty boxes everywhere. As I had hoped, she ripped off the wrapping paper fast and didn't notice it. She opens the box easily to find a few more boxes nested inside like she's been use to the past few holidays, only to find...nothing in the last box. Of course with our prior history she starts scrutinizing every single box with a fine eye. Even ripping all of the boxes them selves looking for another card embedded in the cardboard itself. Me sitting there the entire time with an innocent angelic look swearing to her there was an honest to goodness gift and to keep looking for it. After around a half hour it finally dawned on her she threw it away in the first 5 seconds. And in the meantime my nephew had cleaned up the floor making her dig through the large trash bags to find just that wrapping paper. I did somewhat make it easy for her though, I used a different color wrapping paper for that gift alone. So she found it in the trash easily enough.

She called a truce after that. :D

To this day no one in the family could tell you where the gift cards were for or what amount, but they still made for some of the more memorable gifts we exchanged for years.

My dad's side of the family gives me pajama pants. My grandma and my dads two siblings: PAJAMA PANTS. I have soooo many pairs now and the one I like best is the pair I bought MYSELF at kohl's

They also buy me those really, really thick and soft, like blanket material, pj pants. Like, we live in the south. It is hot all the time, even in the winter. I never wear them because I sleep hot anyway and ya know what? I don't really even wear pants to bed most times.

My dad's side of the family gives me pajama pants. My grandma and my dads two siblings: PAJAMA PANTS. I have soooo many pairs now and the one I like best is the pair I bought MYSELF at kohl's

They also buy me those really, really thick and soft, like blanket material, pj pants. Like, we live in the south. It is hot all the time, even in the winter. I never wear them because I sleep hot anyway and ya know what? I don't really even wear pants to bed most times.

Start making it a point to mention in conversations how you sleep in the buff. See if you can break the pj's cycle.

I love the blanket kind. It's all I wear here in cold winters. I'd love those every year for Xmas. Funny how someone's terrible gifts would be someone else's great ones.

Reactions: TacoBelle
I love the blanket kind. It's all I wear here in cold winters. I'd love those every year for Xmas. Funny how someone's terrible gifts would be someone else's great ones.
Agreed!! And, like, here's the thing... The pants they pick out for me are always AWESOME.
They always have designs I like or something about them is great. (says something about the "worst" gift to me, lol!)
USUALLY, they are Hello Kitty PJs. But for some reason that thick uberplush blankety stuff is really popular right now, and I just get no use out of them. I like to sleep naked or close to it haha.

BUT, I don't understand people who complain about getting socks. I love socks. I would take socks any day. Long socks, short socks, whatever. I love em.

@JerryBoBerry
I may just tell them this year that I have too many pairs of PJ pants. Then it will just be giftcards and toiletries gift baskets like usual.

Agreed!! And, like, here's the thing... The pants they pick out for me are always AWESOME.
They always have designs I like or something about them is great. (says something about the "worst" gift to me, lol!)
USUALLY, they are Hello Kitty PJs. But for some reason that thick uberplush blankety stuff is really popular right now, and I just get no use out of them. I like to sleep naked or close to it haha.

BUT, I don't understand people who complain about getting socks. I love socks. I would take socks any day. Long socks, short socks, whatever. I love em.

@JerryBoBerry
I may just tell them this year that I have too many pairs of PJ pants. Then it will just be giftcards and toiletries gift baskets like usual.
I love Hello Kitty and the design ones the best. They are so comfy and warm for here. I like the fleece and flannel ones too. I could see how if you prefer the no pants option how this would not be the best gift lol. And oh yes socks are the best too. Not basic ones though. I like the design and colorful ones especially during Halloween. I could never have enough Halloween socks.

We can trade families for a year. Mine will just give you money. Only money. Yours can get me pants lol.

Once when i was a kid, cant remember exactly how old, maybe 6 or so. I needed to have some shots. so we went to the doctor, and i am terrified of shots. My mom told me, that if i was a big girl, i would get a nice gift when we were done. So i gathered all my courage and i was a big girl. so later, my mom gave me a gift..... digimon socks.... and being the good girl i am i pretended to love them.
later on my mom found out I hated digimon because I thought they were a stupid version of pokemon, and damn mom...socks?!

to this day my mom begs me to never mention it again. and i do try! its just hard because it socked(!) but she does feel bad about it.

• Funny!
Reactions: Yarrow
Oh, I just remembered! Last year for Christmas, the Dude's mom gave me a fancy tweezer set and a head scratcher. Fucking weird last-minute purchases. I tried to use it on my dog like this, but he hated it.

later on my mom found out I hated digimon because I thought they were a stupid version of pokemon, and damn mom...socks?!

Haha, I was one of those weird kids who loved Digimon. Digimon everything, comforter, alarm clock, wall hangings... everything. lol

My late grandma, who I loved dearly, bless her heart, was really terrible at picking out presents. I got a few ugly sweaters from her and a wooden duck figurine that looked like it cost a quarter at the rummage sale. I would pretend to like her gifts because she was really sweet and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. But my brother, one time when he was around 13, bought him some Babysitters Club books and Sweet Valley High books, does anyone remember those? He's like, "Grandma, you shouldn't have. No really, you shouldn't have." He wasn't as nice about her terrible gifts as I was. lol

I'm a big believer in it's the thought that counts as far as gifts go, so probably the worst memory I have gift giving wise was last valentine's day when my boyfriend at the time got me a whopping nothing. I couldn't afford a nice present either, but I made a batch of his favorite cookies and wrote a cute lil note. He wasn't into valentine's day, and that's fine, I'm almost always down to just stay at home and chill. But he had another friend over at his house and then later asked to borrow my car to go to the sketchy part of town and buy some coke. Drug runs with you and your sketchy friends, exactly what I had in mind for valentine's! Needless to say our relationship didn't last much longer after that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Guy
I'm a big believer in it's the thought that counts as far as gifts go, so probably the worst memory I have gift giving wise was last valentine's day when my boyfriend at the time got me a whopping nothing. I couldn't afford a nice present either, but I made a batch of his favorite cookies and wrote a cute lil note. He wasn't into valentine's day, and that's fine, I'm almost always down to just stay at home and chill. But he had another friend over at his house and then later asked to borrow my car to go to the sketchy part of town and buy some coke. Drug runs with you and your sketchy friends, exactly what I had in mind for valentine's! Needless to say our relationship didn't last much longer after that.
Whats the worst gift you have gotten from a MFC member?

@Guy I don't think I've ever gotten a bad gift! I received a polaroid camera + film that I really wanted a few months ago and more recently got a phone that I needed. Both awesome gifts and things I use daily!

Though I don't have a p.o. box or anything so any gifts I get are from my wishlist, so not much room to pick something bad. I'm sure some ladies who have had p.o. boxes for a while will have some better stories. I did however receive some lingerie from another model because it was gifted to her via her p.o. box and they didn't ask her size so it didn't fit her at all. So a bad gift for her ended up being a good gift for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.