AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

X-mas time things

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
Great White North
serious question...

do you find that putting on christmas themed shows, having a tree in the background, wearing a santa hat etc etc etc to be more profitable during this month. Does your room enjoy this sort of thing? or is it because you like it... and your room be damned?

I ask because I'm rather Scrooge McDuck bah humbuggy and avoid these things/rooms like the plague.

I decorate because I love the holiday season and it gives something fun and different to focus on during December.
I ask because I'm rather Scrooge McDuck bah humbuggy and avoid these things/rooms like the plague.
I suppose if you're so set on being humbuggy that you'd avoid even your most favorite models during this time simply because of their decorations and holiday spirit, they won't miss you much.

I kinda get it. I really fucking hate Christmas. I avoid shopping (even for groceries) as much as possible from Thanksgiving to New Year because of the horrible music stores play.

I made a Christmas-themed sock fetish clip for the people who do enjoy it, but that's about all the Christmas spirit I've got. I might wear my red and white Christmas socks again during the Streamate Christmas contest, but again that's as far as I can stomach it. Socks.

Not a model by any means but threads like this are somewhat cathartic for me. I used to love this time of year, absolutely LOVED it...in a former life. I loved the music, the special movies, the magic of the season. I reallly loved all the kid's reactions regarding Christmas. You've never lived until you tell a 5 or 6 year old that not only do you know Santa but you have his phone number and then call it. Talk about eyes wide open when my friend on the other end of the call would pretend to be Santa, or when I pretended to be when he called. It was so much fun and uplifting to see those children light up. I recall one year standing in line to pay for something when this kid and his dad were behind me, the kid had the hugest grin on his face and I asked him why. He proudly told me his dad was buying him some shoes for Christmas, I could tell that was about all his father could buy him. I carried on a conversation about how cool those shoes were, how much I wished I had a pair, etc; that boy honestly looked like he won the lottery and you could see how proud his dad was. After I made my small purchase I walked out of the store and waited for those two, pulled the father aside and handed him $40...it was all I had on me. The dad started to tear up and told me, "God bless you."

I miss times like that. So much has happened the last 10 years in my life, I've lost so much. Sometimes I feel like all I have left is those memories. I hope and pray one day I can get some of that back. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet. But I do want honestly wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I hope y'all eat too much, get too much for Christmas, and somehow give more than you do recieve. And if anyone needs a pick-me-up phone call in the next couple of weeks holler at me and let's try to find our laughter and our smiles again.

Merry Christmas everyone...

I've decorated my cam room for xmas because I wanted to. I love dressing up and this whole month I've been wearing x-mas themed outfits to go along with the season. That being said, I don't enjoy xmas music so I wont be playing it during my broadcasts (unless someone tips to request a song). I will also be filming a special christmas themed video, but my broadcasts are not christmas themed, per say, and it's mostly an excuse to have variety in decor and costumes, so christmas fans and grinches alike have been having a good time in my room this month :)

I think I like all the decorations and wearing of Santa hat and things like that. I've only been on MFC since December of 2014 and for me it really was great to see and enjoy webcam Christmas trees from around the world. I, personally, just don't do Christmas like the olden days and am pretty secluded, but I really really love it when it makes the day of someone else to do any holiday: Halloween, thanksgiving, memorial day, Christmas, green beer day, and sporty holidays etc.... It seems to be like watching holiday movies of certain occasions (which just rulllleeeeeeeeee). I just like people enjoying the moment of the World (even as they take place in different time zones--like the New Year's celebration).

I like holiday stuff on cams, and I like it in MMOs, too. It makes for a happy connection with the real world. Once I reinstalled Aion just to visit Pandemonium during Christmas time. That game has the best Christmas music of any game I've ever played. :clap:

I decorate because I love the holiday season and it gives something fun and different to focus on during December.

I suppose if you're so set on being humbuggy that you'd avoid even your most favorite models during this time simply because of their decorations and holiday spirit, they won't miss you much.
I'm glad you marked this funny, @Crumb because I felt a little bad about being so blunt and snarky with it. I guess it's just a personal sensitivity of mine after being on MFC for so many years. Sometimes people come up with the most random and superficial excuses why they leave a room and on occasion I've taken it personally. Be it leaving the room because of a song that's playing, or the color of my nail polish... it just hits me sometimes like "hey, if ya really enjoyed me, you'd look past that and just hang out!"

I'm glad you marked this funny, @Crumb because I felt a little bad about being so blunt and snarky with it. I guess it's just a personal sensitivity of mine after being on MFC for so many years. Sometimes people come up with the most random and superficial excuses why they leave a room and on occasion I've taken it personally. Be it leaving the room because of a song that's playing, or the color of my nail polish... it just hits me sometimes like "hey, if ya really enjoyed me, you'd look past that and just hang out!"
some things one can look past, some things one can't.
When one is inundated with something that one dislikes from all sides (tv, work, games, radio, stores),for almost two solid months, it gets to be too much when I come online to see someone trying to make game out of decorating a tree, or someone's playing christmas music in the background, or a cam room is plastered with "holiday cheer"... it makes me want to turn off and go somewhere else. :grr:

anyway one week left and it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.