AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

xbox 360?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkiePixi

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2012
Purgatory
pinkiepixi.cammodels.com
Twitter Username
@pinkiepixi
MFC Username
pinkiepixi
Streamate Username
pinkiepixi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/165388/PinkiePixi/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62623/pinkiepixii
So I think Im going to be wildly irresponsible and splurge on an xbox 360 which will be the first console Ive ever bought, and the 2nd Ive ever had since my old Nintendo 64. Ive been eyeing it on Amazon for ages, and seriously whats the difference between the 4bg and 250gb drive? Other than obvious storage space. I honestly probably wont play it a ton, and the only games I can think of that I would want to play that arent available in disk form are Uno and Monday Night Combat. Ive read that you can just use an external hard drive (16gb max, 32 total), can I just hook up my 1tb external that I also use for other stuff?

Can I get away with the 4gb? Otherwise Im not sure I can justify blowing $250...

PinkiePixi said:
So I think Im going to be wildly irresponsible and splurge on an xbox 360 which will be the first console Ive ever bought, and the 2nd Ive ever had since my old Nintendo 64. Ive been eyeing it on Amazon for ages, and seriously whats the difference between the 4bg and 250gb drive? Other than obvious storage space. I honestly probably wont play it a ton, and the only games I can think of that I would want to play that arent available in disk form are Uno and Monday Night Combat. Ive read that you can just use an external hard drive (16gb max, 32 total), can I just hook up my 1tb external that I also use for other stuff?

Can I get away with the 4gb? Otherwise Im not sure I can justify blowing $250...

First off: I'd get the Xbox One, not the 360. There won't be any new games released on the 360 very soon.

If you've already considered that, and decided on the 360... I just amazon-searched it. If you get the 4GB + Separate hard drive, it's about the same price as the 250 GB.

So, get the 4GB one, and if it turns out that you're patching enough games or downloading enough content that you need the extra space, buy the hard drive for about $50 and plug it in!

Reactions: PinkiePixi
If you're gonna be downloading games/demos, you can burn through 4GB very quickly so if it's within your budget, I'd definitely recommend the 250GB version.

Have you thought about getting a PS3 at all? You can pick one up for around the same price as a 360, and it will double up as a Blu Ray player, plus online gaming is free on PS3, and if you opt in to Playstation Plus (for about $50 a year I think), you'll get to download two new games every month for "free", thus making it much cheaper to play recent games on than the 360. If you do go that route though, the bigger the hard drive the better :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Brad and PinkiePixi
I'd recommend the 250 gig one just so you can install all your games. You could also download all the free games. World of Tanks is free and is 2.7 gb. You will also get two free games(have to be a gold member but you get to keep the games and aren't just renting them like with PS+,PS+ gives out better content tho) each month. Right now Civilization Revolution is the free game and is over 5 gb once you download the free maps. Lots of great digital sales lately too. The Orange Box, Mirrors Edge, Alice Madness Returns, Spec Ops, Darksiders, Skate 2, Limbo, Dust, Mafia 2, Wheel of Fortune, Mortal Kombat, The Witcher 2, Dark Souls and a bunch of other solid games have been on sale for like 5 bucks recently. Dark Souls 2 just came out and Titanfall comes out in 2 weeks for the 360 so it still has alot of life in it. You could just use a few 32 gb usb's if you had to but the 250 is worth it imo.

PunkInDrublic said:
The Orange Box, Mirrors Edge, Alice Madness Returns, Spec Ops, Darksiders, Skate 2, Limbo, Dust, Mafia 2, Wheel of Fortune, Mortal Kombat, The Witcher 2, Dark Souls and a bunch of other solid games have been on sale for like 5 bucks recently.
YES. If you get any game off this list, get The Orange Box! $5, even if it's for nothing else aside Portal, is so worth it! :p

mynameisbob84 said:
If you're gonna be downloading games/demos, you can burn through 4GB very quickly so if it's within your budget, I'd definitely recommend the 250GB version.

Have you thought about getting a PS3 at all? You can pick one up for around the same price as a 360, and it will double up as a Blu Ray player, plus online gaming is free on PS3, and if you opt in to Playstation Plus (for about $50 a year I think), you'll get to download two new games every month for "free", thus making it much cheaper to play recent games on than the 360. If you do go that route though, the bigger the hard drive the better :twocents-02cents:

I agree with Bob. Unless you already have games for the xbox or there is some other reason you wouldn't consider Sony, I would go with the PS3. Not only does it play Blu Ray discs but it even does a very nice job of up-scaling standard DVDs. I never thought it could make them look any different until we tried it using a regular DVD player then the PS3 both hooked to our TV. The picture on the PS3 was quite a bit better. And the PS3 is also nice for a non smart TV as it adds Netflix, YouTube, and other aps. I also found a free ap on the net that lets me use my PS3 as a server so I can stream pretty much anything from my laptop or other computers to the TV such as pictures, video, and music. We own 2 PS3s and we just love them.

Brad said:
And the PS3 is also nice for a non smart TV as it adds Netflix, YouTube, and other aps. I also found a free ap on the net that lets me use my PS3 as a server so I can stream pretty much anything from my laptop or other computers to the TV such as pictures, video, and music.
360 also has all those apps but it requires being a gold member. Pretty sure you can stream from laptops or computers without a app or gold tho. Monday Night Combat didn't come out on PS3 but Uno did.

A xbox one *seriously* isnt in the budget, so thats just not going to happen, and Im kinda set on the xbox 360 and not a ps3. I already have a smart TV, so I dont really need it at all for those purposes, and I never watch DVDs (I only own maybe a dozen) and Blu-ray has pretty much zero appeal to me. Thanks for the input though, Im still considering all of it before waiting to get tipsy enough one night to shamelessly and impulsively buy one!

Go for a 250gb aftermarket HDD. If you use an external or a flash drive or anything else that doesn't go directly into the 360, you can only partition either 16 or 32gb. Can't remember which. Regardless, it is much more worth it to get the 360 HDD, install your games on it (you still need the disk to play, but it loads faster because it doesn't need to entirely read the disc), and then get a flash drive to save all of your games on. I save all of my games on a flash drive because it allows me to take my saves wherever I go--if it is to like a friends house or something of the sort.

Also, definitely stick with getting a 360. There may not be a ton of games coming out for it but there ARE a ton of games on it that are absolutely fantastic. And the X-bone isn't backwards compatible.

Let me know if you need any game suggestions. I love me some 360 :3

PunkInDrublic said:
Brad said:
And the PS3 is also nice for a non smart TV as it adds Netflix, YouTube, and other aps. I also found a free ap on the net that lets me use my PS3 as a server so I can stream pretty much anything from my laptop or other computers to the TV such as pictures, video, and music.
360 also has all those apps but it requires being a gold member. Pretty sure you can stream from laptops or computers without a app or gold tho. Monday Night Combat didn't come out on PS3 but Uno did.

I think you need a PS+ to watch Netflix on a PS3 too, maybe thats only Europe? But i know for certain that i had to get a PS+ to watch a Scandinavian ''rip-off'' of Netflix and since my Xbox gold subscription just had run out i just jumped ship to PS+. Mostly for the ''free'' games but also i only play Skyrim on my 360 and all other games on PS3 so paying a subscription for an online service i didnt use was just a drain on my income.

But yeah don't go for the 4GB you will fill that up with patches and other stuff in about a week. As for PS3 vs 360? 360 has a better online community even if you have to pay for it and sometimes big games like Fallout 3, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption and GTA will work better on a 360. But PS3 has way better exclusives(''Last of us'' anyone?), free online multiplayer, both console has pros and cons when it comes to mutli platform games. Its all just down to personal prefrence.

Reitas said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Brad said:

I think you need a PS+ to watch Netflix on a PS3 too, maybe thats only Europe?

It must be a Europe thing because you don't need one in the US to watch Netflix or other apps on a PS3, or at least that I am aware of. We do have a free PS account that keeps track of our game trophies. Our son has used the account to buy some add on's for some of his games but I just don't know much about that part of it. Since Jr. is usually playing his games most of the time that I play something on my PS3, he is already signed in so I rarely pay attention to it. (it won't let more then one person be signed in a a time) I also don't play online with other users. Tried it once but just not my cup of tea so I don't know much about the online aspect as it pertains to gaming.
:dontknow:

We also recently bought a Sony Blu-ray player. It was under $60 and is nice and small. It has the same interface as the PS3 does and tons more apps. We love it. We have 3 TV's in the house and now we have a Blu-ray player on each one so it works well for our family.

Status
Not open for further replies.