AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Snowboarders? Snowboarding Advice.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
So this is a bit embarrassing, but I am trying to learn to snowboard, and it's way more difficult than it looks. I thought it would be easy, as I have been skiing all my life (pretty much), but my first day out was SUPER, SUPER difficult! To complicate things, my significant other is a snowboarding instructor, and really, really good. However, when ever he coaches/ teaches me, the way he explains things just confuses me even more! I can't hire another instructor, or his feelings will be dreadfully hurt, plus I don't have the money to right now anyways. Does it get easier in time? My first day out was last season, and I was exhausted and covered in bruises, after just 2 hours! I don't wanna give up though. I hear that it's just a steep learning curve to begin, then it's a breeze. Is that true? Any tips from seasoned snowboarders? I am finding it nothing like skiing at all. Is it kind of like skateboarding? I've never been that great at that either.

I've only tried snowboarding a few times, and don't like it. I prefer skiing, and will continue until the day I die.

That being said, everyone I've talked to says that it takes a while to pick up. I've heard anywhere from six or more times before it gets somewhat easy. Others take quite a while. For me, I don't like having my feet strapped to the same board so it's counterintuitive for me.

Personally, I would look for another instructor. There's nothing wrong with going with someone else if what he's trying to do doesn't click with you. If he's a good instructor, he'll understand. This happened to me when I was trying to teach someone I was with how to ride a motorcycle.

Reactions: MarieElise
I've only tried snowboarding a few times, and don't like it. I prefer skiing, and will continue until the day I die.

That being said, everyone I've talked to says that it takes a while to pick up. I've heard anywhere from six or more times before it gets somewhat easy. Others take quite a while. For me, I don't like having my feet strapped to the same board so it's counterintuitive for me.

Personally, I would look for another instructor. There's nothing wrong with going with someone else if what he's trying to do doesn't click with you. If he's a good instructor, he'll understand. This happened to me when I was trying to teach someone I was with how to ride a motorcycle.

Thanks. I feel the same way about having my feet strapped. It freaks me out. I feel like I made very little progress in the 2 hours I was out, possibly none. Maybe it was mental, as I'm really high strung, and as you noted, both feet are strapped in, which scares me. I'm going again tomorrow, so I will see how things go. I might just ski though, and try snowboarding again next week. If I have not made significant progress by 6-8 times, I'm either getting another instructor, or quitting. He is a great guy, but his communication style often baffles me. In this situation, I'm really nervous as it is, so it's even harder for me to make sense of what he is saying :) Aaaaaaaarg!

Thanks. I feel the same way about having my feet strapped. It freaks me out. I feel like I made very little progress in the 2 hours I was out, possibly none. Maybe it was mental, as I'm really high strung, and as you noted, both feet are strapped in, which scares me. I'm going again tomorrow, so I will see how things go. I might just ski though, and try snowboarding again next week. If I have not made significant progress by 6-8 times, I'm either getting another instructor, or quitting. He is a great guy, but his communication style often baffles me. In this situation, I'm really nervous as it is, so it's even harder for me to make sense of what he is saying :) Aaaaaaaarg!
Good luck, and enjoy whatever you wind up doing!

my local mountain has hadover seven feet of the white stuff fall in the past week and I’mhoping to get out soon. It’s a new hill for me, and much bigger than where I used to live. So a bit nervous my first time out

Good luck, and enjoy whatever you wind up doing!

my local mountain has hadover seven feet of the white stuff fall in the past week and I’mhoping to get out soon. It’s a new hill for me, and much bigger than where I used to live. So a bit nervous my first time out
Same to you. Nerves are a good thing, nature is so powerful, and it's good to respect that power imo, i.e nerves help a person to remain aware. So many people have awful, sometimes lethal accidents doing sports, especially outdoors sports, because they get too relaxed and complacent. But I a prob pointing out the obvious there.

7 feet - That sounds so fun though!! I hope you have a fun, safe time when you go out too :) Snow party!

It takes a while to feel secure strapped in like that! Just go slow the first few times and “falling leaf” your way down the slope on your heel edge before trying to switch edges! Also, you’re just going to fall a lot. A. Lot. But if you’re not falling, you’re not trying!
I also found music really helpful when I was learning, it helped me get out of my head and into my body. Usually I just keep one ear bud in though so I’m still cognizant of my surroundings!
For what it’s worth, I didn’t get comfortable snowboarding until I broke up with my (impatient) snowboarder ex 😂

It takes a while to feel secure strapped in like that! Just go slow the first few times and “falling leaf” your way down the slope on your heel edge before trying to switch edges! Also, you’re just going to fall a lot. A. Lot. But if you’re not falling, you’re not trying!
I also found music really helpful when I was learning, it helped me get out of my head and into my body. Usually I just keep one ear bud in though so I’m still cognizant of my surroundings!
For what it’s worth, I didn’t get comfortable snowboarding until I broke up with my (impatient) snowboarder ex 😂
Thanks April. Heels side down the hill first, I'm gonna remember that. People who are good at it, look so cool in motion, and I admire them even more, now that I know how difficult it is!

I too have been skiing my whole life. I gave snowboarding a try as a kid and then as a teen a couple of times...and just couldn't do it. My body just didn't seem to know how to move properly. I think it was, as others have said, the feet strapped together thing.
Good Luck! Wish I had advice lol

I too have been skiing my whole life. I gave snowboarding a try as a kid and then as a teen a couple of times...and just couldn't do it. My body just didn't seem to know how to move properly. I think it was, as others have said, the feet strapped together thing.
Good Luck! Wish I had advice lol
Thanks, well at least I don't feel so alone in having a hard time with it :) So I still appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.