AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammers - A Thread To Keep Track?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Lee Ray

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 16, 2018
Twitter Username
@rachelleeray
Chaturbate Username
rachelleeray
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001539219/RachelLeeRay/
Hey All,

So today someone attempted to scam us into giving them a show on skype. They contacted us through Twitter and offered a couple ways of payment including Amazon GC's and Google Pay. After numerous dm's back and forth, me trying to get him to use CB's payment method or trying to get money through Snapchat Pay (since its pretty anonymous), we finally agreed on just accepting an Amazon Gift Card. After some DM banter back and forth and him saying he was going to send the email, we got an email in our SPAM (of course after he said make sure you check all your folders including spam). Long story a bit shorter, we tried to verify the GC on Amazon and saw the email came from mail.com not Amazon itself. Called him out on it and Poof We were instantly blocked on twitter.

So I guess the purpose of this thread is to maybe help other cammers with possible fraudsters online and posting their info on here to avoid it happening to someone maybe a little more naive.

So i'll start out
Twitter handle: @jhillside2
[redacted - Amber]
Tried to do skype show offering fake Amazon Gift Card.

-Rachel Lee Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that being scammed can be aggravating, and I am sorry you experienced it! And I know how tempting it is to create a blacklist to protect others from experiencing the same thing. However, we don't do blacklists here at ACF, per Amber's wishes, especially if said member/model cannot defend themselves. Posting actual personal info is also a no-no. That can invite all sorts of negativity and drama, and that's not the way we want these forums to be reflected! It's slightly different if the member presents a clear, physical danger - but that doesn't happen as often, thank goodness!

Plus... We get enough "scammed by random model" threads from upset members, looking to shame or blame. I can't imagine how many would come pouring in if ACF became known as a blacklist center that allowed personal information to be posted! Because if there was one for members, there would be one for models. And that would invite all sorts of drama.

Instead of creating a blacklist for scammers, we prefer to teach camgirls (and members!) how to detect common scams and fraudulent activity, to protect themselves before scamming can happen! Talking about the scamming situation itself can be handy - so new models can see exactly what happened and can recognize it easier if they find themselves in the same situation. That's a great teaching tool! But the personal blacklist info itself isn't really kosher here!

Oooooh OK Thats why I couldn't find any threads on it. I appreciate the reply and I wasn't scammed. A scam was attempted but my boyfriend and I are very savvy when it comes to the internet. We just wanted to help out others, but I understand the rule and will delete the post!! :)

Thank you

sucks you wasted all that time :/ but hey at least he didn't get a free show. we've all been scammed at least once even after reading about how to avoid it. i read like a million threads before starting and still got scammed a few times. on the very rare occasion i accept payment off-site i pretty much go into it knowing i might not get paid cuz that's always a gamble no matter how vigilant you are

i think even if we did make a list, it wouldn't help because when you're new/naive/trusting enough to get scammed you probably aren't taking the time to google the username of every single person you accept payment from. i don't even bother doing that now cuz unfortunately asshole scammers like that will usually make lots of different usernames and emails and twitter acconuts

Oooooh OK Thats why I couldn't find any threads on it. I appreciate the reply and I wasn't scammed. A scam was attempted but my boyfriend and I are very savvy when it comes to the internet. We just wanted to help out others, but I understand the rule and will delete the post!! :)

Thank you

No problem! And I'm glad to hear the scam-attempt wasn't successful - and I apologize for not reading closely enough! You did state that you called it out before you could fall for it! But high fives for recognizing the attempt before it could go through! Not today, scammy scammer!

• Hugs
Reactions: Rachel Lee Ray
No problem! And I'm glad to hear the scam-attempt wasn't successful - and I apologize for not reading closely enough! You did state that you called it out before you could fall for it! But high fives for recognizing the attempt before it could go through! Not today, scammy scammer!

BTW I don't see where I can edit or delete my post. I'm still new to this forum and don't know if thats allowed once responded too.

BTW I don't see where I can edit or delete my post. I'm still new to this forum and don't know if thats allowed once responded too.

AH! That's right! Once you post, you have a 15 minute window in which you can go back and edit things. After that, it's there for good. Posts can't be deleted here on the forums, unless you talk to Amber, who has magic-wizard-admin powers and can make posts go -POOF- if there's a good reason!

I think it's ok to call out the occasional scammer or harasser but having a list probably isn't the best way to go. And I don't allow that in the models only section especially as people cannot get in there to read and give their side of the story.

I redacted the contact information other than twitter handle in the OP, though.

Have you set up an account on Cammodeldirectory? If you work through them, you have access to their crooked clients list, which contains many known scammers. (The site doesn't want you to do business with these customers, who have received many complaints). It was funny when I got my account with them, to see how many guys I had already blocked on my Skype... :D

Yeah, we've all been scammed for sure! I did a free show once because I neglected to make sure that the payment application (through Skyprivate) was working, and then I got soooo maaaaad... Grrr. Worst feeling ever...

I'm kind of surprised the accounts still work. I mean, if some one is going around on twitter trying to scam models. I would assume models are reporting the twitter accounts. I mean how people need to report an account for trying to scam; before the account gets blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.