AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
So sad... R.I.P.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/arts/ ... at-27.html

Amy Winehouse, British Soul Singer With a Destructive Image, Dies at 27

Amy Winehouse, the British singer who found worldwide fame with a smoky, hip-hop-inflected take on retro soul, yet became a tabloid fixture as her problems with drugs and alcohol brought about a strikingly public career collapse, was found dead on Saturday in her home in London. She was 27.
Multimedia

The cause was not immediately known. The London police said they had been called to an address in Camden Square in northern London on Saturday afternoon and found a 27-year-old woman, and pronounced her dead at the scene. The police did not identify the body, but the London Ambulance Service said it was that of Ms. Winehouse, The Associated Press reported.

The police said that they were investigating the circumstances of the death, but that “at this early stage it is being treated as unexplained.”

Instantly recognizable from the heavy makeup and high beehive hairdo she borrowed from the Ronettes, Ms. Winehouse became one of the most acclaimed young singers of the 2000s, selling millions of albums, winning five Grammy Awards and kicking off the British trend of retro soul and R&B that continues today.

Yet from the moment she arrived on the international pop scene in 2007, Ms. Winehouse had an image that seemed almost defiantly self-destructive. In songs like “You Know I’m No Good,” she sang alcohol-soaked regrets of failed romances, and for many listeners the lyrics to the song “Rehab” — which won her three of the five Grammys she received n 2008 — crystallized her public persona. “They tried to make me go to rehab,” she sang, “I said, ‘No, no, no.’ ”

Those songs were from her second album, “Back to Black,” which was released in Britain in late 2006 and in the United States in 2007. Her first, “Frank,” had established her as a budding star in Britain. But “Back in Black,” recorded with the producers Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, made her an international sensation, with a darkly stylish update on the sound of classic 1960s R&B that was admired by critics and the public alike.

Yet while “Rehab” was still climbing the charts Ms. Winehouse became the subject of lurid headlines for drug binges that left her hospitalized and forced her to cancel concert dates. Her appearance at the 2008 Grammys was uncertain because of visa troubles; in the end she performed from London via satellite. When she won record of the year, she thanked her husband at the time, Blake Fielder-Civil; they later divorced.

Amy Jade Winehouse was born on in Southgate, London, on Sept. 14, 1983. Her mother, Janis, was a pharmacist and her father, Mitch, was a cabdriver who nursed a love for music.

Ms. Winehouse had not released an album since “Back in Black,” but recently she appeared to be trying to revive her career. In a recent interview with The New York Times, Ms. Winehouse’s father — who released a jazz album this year — said that she had been in good health lately. But last month she canceled a European comeback tour after a disastrous performance in Belgrade in which she appeared too intoxicated to perform properly.

read one article where it said her family and friends were "shocked and devastated".

Dunno about shocked heh, devastating to them I'm sure but it can't be a surprise.

Not surprised that she passed away, but still sad considering she's has a great voice on her, and she now joins the infamous 27 club with Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplain, Brian Jones

Not surprised that she passed away, but still sad considering she's has a great voice on her, and she now joins the infamous 27 club with Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplain, Brian Jones
She in some good company there.
R.I.P. Amy, 14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011

That was the only way she was ever going to be mentioned with that group.

She had one song, that had to do with her addiction problem and here we are talking about her death because of her addiction problem.

That's uninformed, unfair and disrespectful to someone who made mistakes, suffered for them and did you no wrong.

Amy Winehouse had a great talent, and she died too young. But don't we all?

Why should my opinion of someone suddenly change just because she is dead? Michael Jackson died that didn't stop making the last 20 years of his life a joke either.

The others mentioned in the 27 club were icons and legends that changed the face of music as we know it, appeared like a flash of light then burned out. It's not being disrespectful, it's being honest, had she OD'ed after September and was 28 she wouldn't be mentioned with any of those musicians.

If anyone wants to be disrespected it should be her fans who thought she had talent while she wasted it all away.

I think the difference between MJ and AW is that people all of a sudden made MJ out to be a fucking saint.

AW was a great singer. I enjoyed her voice, and I think she lived a troubled life. I think if the tabloids didn't blow up all the time about her personal issues that more people would know her music.

Reactions: AngelAndrea
Anyone who says she had one song obviously doesn't know anything about her music. She had the most amazing voice and her music has so much soul. Yes, she did make horrible decisions, but her life wasn't a joke, it was what it was. A life is never a joke, not MJ and not AW, not even Agent_99's life is a joke. I think that is cruel to say. AW accomplished at the very least creating music that I will listen to my whole life, and her addiction troubles do not make that less important or beautiful.

Well ya know...
They did try to make her go to rehab.
but she said no.
no
no.

I know, I'm going to hell.

And when you get there they're going to be playing that song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Paulie Walnuts said:
Well ya know...
They did try to make her go to rehab.
but she said no.
no
no.

I know, I'm going to hell.

I said the exact thing about three seconds after I saw it. I didn't know whether to laugh at myself or cry.

I was shocked that the press described anyone as "shocked" at the news...shocked it didn't happen a year or two ago perhaps.

Her mother said that it was "inevitable" so making the family out to be "shocked" or "naive'' just rude.

And I don't listen to the radio, that's your issue. If she made one song so did EVERYONE else on the radio, now buy your ass some iTunes tracks and stop saying junk that ain't true. But Kiss radio might be the best way for you to educate yourself musically, so my bad.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Bocefish said:
She had way more talent than Lady Gaga, but to put her in a class with Hendrix, Morrison, and Janis Joplain is more than a bit of a stretch.
FTFM.

In terms of pure talent and singing ability, she probably could have ended up being named alongside the best female singers of all time if she wasn't so fucked up on drugs.

Because of that, it's not shocking that she died. It would be shocking if it came out that she didn't die from an OD or something that was caused by her drug use.

Reactions: Cassidy Nicole
"...it was no surprise when..." "...I wasn't shocked by..." "inevitable..."

I understand what's being said. Of course when a person seems to be on a self-destructive pattern and finally goes over the cliff, one could easily say, "I won the bet."

But for me...

When someone I admire for their talent suddenly dies, no matter their life style...

I am always shocked. A feeling of sudden loss; a broken machine that has done so much, has created so much enjoyment...gone...fade to black.

I don't think it's an excess of hyperbole to state, categorically, that she was unarguably the greatest artist ever seen by western civilization.

Or would have been if she hadn't been stoned all the time.

The BBC (news, probably the best we've got) often run features or analysis of events being written about in the media. I read this, and thought of this topic. From the mother of a girl who died two years ago from a heroin overdose:

"What people don't realise is that no matter how badly someone is on drugs nothing ever prepares you for the knock on the door or the phone call, nothing prepares you for their death."

Reactions: LailaBaise
Zoomer said:
The BBC (news, probably the best we've got) often run features or analysis of events being written about in the media. I read this, and thought of this topic. From the mother of a girl who died two years ago from a heroin overdose:
"What people don't realise is that no matter how badly someone is on drugs nothing ever prepares you for the knock on the door or the phone call, nothing prepares you for their death."

It is even more general - you are not prepared for any death. When my dad died on leucamie we knew for years his end will come - there is no way to prepare for the departure of a loved one. The only thing i will be ever glad for is that there was no "unspoken thing" between us.

supersloan said:
There's this really viral video on facebook saying her cause of death was bc of a spider under her skin (????) but then i youtubed it and found a bbc newscast saying it was overdose. So sad.

Her death has NOT been determined yet. The autopsy was inconclusive...the tox screens will be back in 2-4 weeks...just FYI

Been to one of her gigs, she was good (was before the drugs really took hold).
She hadn't released anything since 2006, so those saying they will miss her are full of it. (Family and friends of course is different).

I have near zero sympathy for people who drink or drug themselves to death.

They say now (so they say) she died of alcohol withdraw drying out.
If so... well at least she was tryin'.

Not sure if I believe it, most drunks know full well if you go cold turkey you'll die.

Status
Not open for further replies.