AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any computer guru's?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2010
Ok my fiance's computer holds all of our pictures/videos etc. from when we would be out and about at clubs swinging or what not.. Well we didn't like the idea of people possibly getting on his computer while we weren't at home *my parents are super nosy* so I asked him to encrypt them which he did. Well now the bad part, didn't have a usb drive handy to save the EFS encryption key and before got a chance to the computer messed up and he had to reinstall windows 7.. So now we have over 700megs worth of my pictures of over a year of partying which I was hoping to put up on MFC and possibly modelsplash etc. which we now can't get to because they're encrypted. We've been looking for weeks online trying to find a way to decrypt them. We know windows 7 uses bitlocker, tried *advanced EFS recovery* which did nothing. And tried PASSware password recovery which says it needs an EFS key module which we can't find. Does anyone know a way to get these files decrypted? C'mon it's freaking microsoft, it can't be THAT secure.. Gotta be something out there to undo it!!

sysrq said:
Sorry to hear about the files.

Like you mentioned you searched for possible ways to recover.
Not sure if you have seen this one.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5165025_recover ... files.html

Hope this helps.

Negative Ghost Rider.. Well it was a new one to try but still no luck.. :( Appreciate the try though.. one day someone is gonna find the magic key to unlock these damn things! Hell getting to the point they might get there pick of movies from my profile is they get it done..

if he had to reinstall windows are you sure the pictures are still there? usually if windows gets corrupted you have to clean install meaning it deleted everything on your pc, although not required to do so it usually recommends it. Plus i do believe you care hire people to retrieval these files...i dunno how much it cost lol and if you don't mind some random guy possibly seeing naked pics. PLUS it could just be easier in the future to apply an admin password to the file as well as hiding the file so they have to know exactly where it would be, go to advanced options and say unhide files, and then even further know the password which unless you parents are like computer hackers that would be enough protection

Windows 7 (and I think Vista) put the old file structure into a folder together assuming it will fit... so yeah. A physically damaged hard disk or editting of the existing partitions would lead to data loss with how it is handled now but otherwise, Windows is much more forgiving of re-installations.

Hope you get it worked out... but next time try a USB thumb drive or a solid state external drive for storage always keep 2 backups of everything you can't afford to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.