AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I am browsing through some older threads and want to just get confirmation about the current best practices for webcam models who want to show an Amazon Wish List to customers.

* The most important idea I am picking up is that the model should never connect any address to the Wish List. The problem is Amazon's Wish List function has poor security as it was designed for friends and families, not for webcam girls seeking privacy. Customers should not be allowed to place any orders for the model directly. Otherwise there are cases where the delivery address might be exposed.

Aside from not connecting any address to the Wish List, is there any setting on Amazon that needs to be in place to prevent a customer from placing an order against the public Wish List?

* Is there some way to have the model set up a purchase link for Amazon gift cards, so that the viewers can purchase gift cards directly for the model and not go through the hassle of sending a gift card code through e-mail? Exposing the gift card through e-mail is also a security issue and in theory someone else might grab that card before the model tries to use it. Purchasing the card off a link directly in the model's Amazon profile creates a closed loop within the Amazon system and the card would appear credited to the model's account instantly, with no chance of it being stolen.

* I am thinking the model should have a dedicated e-mail just for the gift Amazon account. That way her model-related purchases of sexy clothes and toys do not end up appearing in a purchase history of items associated with her normal identity. Any brief conversations by e-mail with customers sending gifts could be done through that account and the model can make clear that no personal conversations are allowed on that address. This also hides the e-mail the model uses for logins on webcam websites, so it better protects from identity theft or account takeovers.

* I realize another alternative is to use a PO Box or an Amazon Locker. That is personal preference. I would not do it personally since some of these viewers are 99.9% whack jobs and I think it is easy to imagine one of them stalking a girl outside a PO Box. They know her appearance very well, so it's a serious issue.

* There are postal forwarding services, and those allow a person to have a US-based address and then forward items to a foreign country. For a model doing massive volumes of shipments that might make sense. But for a model receiving a handful of items each quarter, I think those services have poor economics. If I want to send a Wish List item to a model in Lithuania, she can sign into the German Amazon site and have delivery to her within five days for under 10 Euros. The shipping is a major part of the cost, and you cannot easily compete against Amazon's shipping economics.

Are there other best practices for Wish Lists?

Have any of you used Amazon Allowance to fund a model's Amazon account? It looks incredibly convenient. You set up an Allowance relationship from your Amazon account to the model's account. You can then do one-time payments at any time, directly to the model's Amazon account. The payments directly credit the gift card balances on her account, so it bypasses the need to buy a gift card and transmit it. The Allowance feature also allows for recurring payments.

So far it looks ideal.

Have any of you used Amazon Allowance to fund a model's Amazon account? It looks incredibly convenient. You set up an Allowance relationship from your Amazon account to the model's account. You can then do one-time payments at any time, directly to the model's Amazon account. The payments directly credit the gift card balances on her account, so it bypasses the need to buy a gift card and transmit it. The Allowance feature also allows for recurring payments.

So far it looks ideal.

Not heard of but from how you explain it, it sounds great, I will mention this to a model or 2 that I know are worried about having Amazon Lists.

Does the model's Amazon account name need to be an alias? I am wondering if a person buying her a gift card - or setting up the new Amazon Allowance feature - would see her name exposed as part of the process of buying the gift card.

I guess I'll chime in. I would be seriously concerned about the allowance feature potentially showing the client the models name or them being able to access their name in some way. Whether it's by calling amazon support or something else, who knows.

It's not worth the risk, at all, whatsoever to have an amazon account at all in any way connected to a client, whether it's by a wishlist or the allowance.
You said it yourself, there are A LOT of whack jobs out there. I've dealt with way too many of them. It's just not worth it. I really would hate to see some girl use that feature and end up having her info found out. You never know who is a whack job and who isn't... Some of them seem like super nice people who would never do anything wrong to you but they can turn real crazy, real quick.

I think all in all, it's best to just have a member send a model an amazon gift card to her email (that hopefully is separate from her email she uses for cam logins/only for amazon giftcards) whether it's for an item on her wish list on her fake amazon account or as a just because gift. It's the safest way, in my opinion.

I guess I'll chime in. I would be seriously concerned about the allowance feature potentially showing the client the models name or them being able to access their name in some way. Whether it's by calling amazon support or something else, who knows.

It's not worth the risk, at all, whatsoever to have an amazon account at all in any way connected to a client, whether it's by a wishlist or the allowance.
You said it yourself, there are A LOT of whack jobs out there. I've dealt with way too many of them. It's just not worth it. I really would hate to see some girl use that feature and end up having her info found out. You never know who is a whack job and who isn't... Some of them seem like super nice people who would never do anything wrong to you but they can turn real crazy, real quick.

I think all in all, it's best to just have a member send a model an amazon gift card to her email (that hopefully is separate from her email she uses for cam logins/only for amazon giftcards) whether it's for an item on her wish list on her fake amazon account or as a just because gift. It's the safest way, in my opinion.

If the Allowance feature exposes a name - and I agree it makes sense that it might do that - I understand the concern. I can think of a workaround for that. The model sets up a dummy Amazon account with no address and a fake name. Allowances are credited to that account, and then the model privately moves her gift account balance over to her real account.

But now we are are getting into spy-versus-spy games and tactics. Some models will have the temperament for that and others will not.

Now, the bad news: I am not sure if the Allowances feature actually asks you - the model - for permission. It might be the case that the person setting up the Allowance can just enter your e-mail address and the Allowance relationship is just created. From the Amazon documentation on Allowances "You simply need to enter the recipient’s email address when creating an Allowance. The Allowance funds will be automatically added to the Gift Card Balance of the Amazon.com account associated with the recipient’s email address." So if that is true, if you want to implement the idea you are suggesting of total isolation, then your Amazon gift card e-mail would have to actually not be associated with any Amazon account.

The problem with gift cards is that sleazebags will give you stolen numbers and ultimately those end up either not being credited or creating problems for you. Then there is a back-and-forth with the sleazebag where you tell him it did not work and he assures you that it must be good, etc. I once got my bonus points from a credit card sent to me as multiple $100 Amazon gift cards. Every one of them was a stolen number. The credit card company itself had such poor security on its internal database that some hacker swiped all their codes.

I wonder if it makes sense for a model to restrict all Amazon gifts to customers who have tipped her at least 500 tokens (or whatever number she chooses) and have been in her room at least a month. At least you minimize interactions with grey users from India and other locales who seem to specialize in adult services fraud.

Allowances are credited to that account, and then the model privately moves her gift account balance over to her real account.

Is that possible to do though? I really don't use amazon too much and this is my first time hearing about the allowance. I just felt the need to chime in, in case a model read about it and didn't think twice before implementing it without thinking of possible consequences. I'm allllll about safety of personal info (obviously heh)

The problem with gift cards is that sleazebags will give you stolen numbers and ultimately those end up either not being credited or creating problems for you.

True but I'd say to combat that... If say it's in exchange for services (vids or skype or whatever), I'd suggest for the model to first put the number into the redeem thing to make sure it's valid... before providing videos or a show or whatever it was for. If it's not valid, then block/ban/whatever instead of fighting about it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Adara_raider
Is that possible to do though? I really don't use amazon too much and this is my first time hearing about the allowance. I just felt the need to chime in, in case a model read about it and didn't think twice before implementing it without thinking of possible consequences. I'm allllll about safety of personal info (obviously heh)

I explored it and it looks like you can transfer the gift card balance to Amazon Pay but not to another Amazon account. Okay. I may try this feature out with a Bestie and report back what was exposed. Your concerns are valid.

Reactions: MollyMidnight
You don't sound like you like the average member that much. Why not just skip the gifts altogether and accept gcs by email when you deem appropriate? Those you add to any account you want.

You don't sound like you like the average member that much. Why not just skip the gifts altogether and accept gcs by email when you deem appropriate? Those you add to any account you want.

This is the best approach. I always have a few things that I've been wanting, just hanging out in my cart. If someone wants to make a purchase via gift card, I apply and spend it before they get anything. If it's a fake/invalid/whatever card number, it's super easy to just block them and go about my day, rather than bothering with some intricate-ass dance around a bunch of different things.

I just added one of my favorite model's Amazon Wish List using the Amazon "Add Friends" button, and it gave me her legal name! Is that a security hole in Amazon's feature, or does she have a configuration problem that I need to tell her to adjust?

Is there any way to set up an Amazon Wish List that prohibits anyone you share the list with from buying something on the list? In other words, we want a read-only list that will inspire viewers with ideas, but that will not enable them to go to an item and "Add to Cart". I don't see a way to do that. If I made the Wish List either "Public" or "Shared" the "Add Cart" button is enabled for anyone I share the list with.

I just added one of my favorite model's Amazon Wish List using the Amazon "Add Friends" button, and it gave me her legal name! Is that a security hole in Amazon's feature, or does she have a configuration problem that I need to tell her to adjust?

From what little testing I had time to do, I discovered that Amazon exposes your name in at least three places:

* The account name.
* The "Recipient" field in each individual Wish List.
* The public "Profile"

What I discovered is that when you create new Wish Lists, Amazon is populating the "Recipient" field with your account name, without ever asking you for permission to do that. I added a model as a "Friend" on Amazon and it gave me her legal name. That ended up being the case where her account name had a real name and it got copied into the Wish List without her knowing.

Here is what I would do for a model account:

1) Make your account name similar to but slightly different from your webcam name, not your legal name. Amazon might come back and object to that not being a legal name, but I doubt it. For billing purposes they are using the billing and shipping addresses and those can be set to whatever names you want, and those can be different than the overall account name.

2) After you save a Wish List, always go back into that list and modify the "Recipient" name to be a name that you are willing to have exposed to a public view. Probably you should delete the e-mail field in that list too? I am not sure how that e-mail gets used.

3) In your public profile, edit your name to something similar to but slightly different than your webcam name, understanding that users who add your wish list to a friend list are going to see this profile. In the profile setting, select the checkbox to hide all information. There is apparently a way to prohibit people from viewing your profile at all, but I could not find this setting. If someone knows it please share.

I just made a completely different amazon account with my alias only, will that be a problem if I go to receive a gift at an Amazon Locker?

I just made a completely different amazon account with my alias only, will that be a problem if I go to receive a gift at an Amazon Locker?

I'd look up the requirements to pick up your package under Amazon locker FAQ. If you can't find their answer, contact Amazon, their customer service is great at answering questions.

I'd look up the requirements to pick up your package under Amazon locker FAQ. If you can't find their answer, contact Amazon, their customer service is great at answering questions.

Thank you! :h:

For anyone looking for the answer, the said as long as you have the Order ID it doesn't matter who is picking it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.