AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Blocking, Banning and such.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2016
Is there any possible way to ban models from viewing your show? Even if they have your area barred so you can't physically look them up?

Hoping someone knows a way around this without blocking out my area as well as i don't want to exclude my members from viewing me, just other models.

ANNNND KNOWLEDGE COME AT ME K GO!

If this is for MFC and you use the MyFreeCams Web Broadcaster:

Click on the 'Options' button that's on the bottom left of the screen.
Click the 'Chat' tab.
Beneath the 'Chat' tab where it says "Block models from your room," put a check mark in that box.
Click 'Save'.

This will just block model accounts from being in your room, but if those models happen to have premium accounts (many models do) they will still be able to get into your room from those premium accounts.

You can ban and ignore anyone you please ...member or model.
As a group far more difficult, but why would you want to?

Models spying on you is pretty much a non-event, they are not you nor ever will be.

Models spying on you is pretty much a non-event.

^Well...it does happen sometimes, and I don't see any problem with her blocking models if that's her choice (I would too). It's a beautiful thang to be able to run your room how you wish. I just had a conversation like 2 weeks ago with a model who was upset because she witnessed a fellow model badmouthing her live on cam (apparently, this chick went out of her way to watch this other model on cam, and would sit there in her own chat room talking shit about the poor girl).

You have to realize that not all cam girls are as decent, kind, and supportive as the ladies of ACF are, and you've probably never been a direct witness to a cam girl behaving this way (I've witnessed it a couple times).

And to answer your question of why would she want to block models, we had a thread on that very subject where many of us have answered that question for you. I just wanted to remind her that models can still enter her room under their premium account (if they have one).

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...ls-block-other-models-from-their-rooms.14907/

Last edited:
You can ban and ignore anyone you please ...member or model.

Models spying on you is pretty much a non-event, they are not you nor ever will be.

To add to what Shelly said there are also a lot of models who will camp in another models room and PM the members to come to their room and this avoids that ever happening.

To add to what Shelly said there are also a lot of models who will camp in another models room and PM the members to come to their room and this avoids that ever happening.
Have had this happen plenty of times, but that never works. In my opinion it never has done, the model who tries it is just wasting her time, and that was my point. Trying to steal another models game is for the most part pointless. It doesn't even take us away from the model we are with, usually you are more secure in choosing that model.
Models will always spy on each other to learn something new, but you will never stop that. Models should save their energy focusing on their members, not other models.

As a member, when I see model b trying to steal traffic from model a's room, it's model b who is going to end up on the hidden/ ignore lists. I came for model a for a reason, and.. for the same reason am not in model b's room to begin with.

Models sometimes do send their underlings to do that. It does happen a lot on chaturbate sadly..

Have had this happen plenty of times, but that never works. In my opinion it never has done, the model who tries it is just wasting her time, and that was my point. Trying to steal another models game is for the most part pointless. It doesn't even take us away from the model we are with, usually you are more secure in choosing that model.
Models will always spy on each other to learn something new, but you will never stop that. Models should save their energy focusing on their members, not other models.

The best way to save your energy is to click the little button that blocks models from your room.

I'm sure many members are not swayed by poaching, but some are, and when MFC offers a simple way to deter it, it makes sense to use it.

OP, the vast majority of models on here block models from their room, despite the fact that we are all obviously (by virtue of being on ACF) happy to socialize with other girls. I would recommend following their lead.

Save their energy? Lol. It takes only seconds to click the 'Block models from your room" option. Whether or not we block models shouldn't concern you this much. I'm sure you mean well, but sometimes the advice you give models on here is...well...not very good.

It's never worked on me either but there must be enough people that it does work otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it. Being watched by another model isnt really a problem but another model stealing your viewers is pretty shitty.

Imagine 2 restaurants side by side in a busy town centre. They might be friendly with each other but they wouldnt want the head chef of the other one to just stand in their sitting area all night long wearing the other restaurants logo or even worse standing there shouting at all the customers to come to his restaurant instead becuase his burgers are only $2.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies, my issue is more one out of spite than anything else. i have a real life friend who won't let me into her cam room because she doesnt want me to see what she does in her shows to earn tokens, yet has admitted that she regularly goes into my chat room. She sees who is in there and then later on tells me that they've been in her room and tipped her instead of me or whatever and frankly i could do without the low-key competition its creating. I CANT view her room so i'd rather she cant view mine. Seems petty and catty i know, but it also just makes me feel like its a bit sneaky.

I know two owners that have their shops located very close to ech other and they're in the same business. But they're friends because they do not sell the same products (one of them sells top quality high end products) and they recommend each other to costumers if somebody is looking for something not available in this shop. It's perfect and rare situation.

I can imagine me recommending other girl on the same site because member is looking for service I don't offer and she does :)

I wonder if going to other rooms and PMing members actually worked for any of the girls that do this sh#t. When I'm perving on my premium account and girl PMs me right after I enter the room, I run away ASAP :bag:

My friend and i also sell different products, although, i'm not allowed to see hers yet she can see mine...

I know two owners that have their shops located very close to ech other and they're in the same business. But they're friends because they do not sell the same products (one of them sells top quality high end products) and they recommend each other to costumers if somebody is looking for something not available in this shop. It's perfect and rare situation.

I can imagine me recommending other girl on the same site because member is looking for service I don't offer and she does :)

I wonder if going to other rooms and PMing members actually worked for any of the girls that do this sh#t. When I'm perving on my premium account and girl PMs me right after I enter the room, I run away ASAP :bag:

Is there any possible way to ban models from viewing your show? Even if they have your area barred so you can't physically look them up?

This will just block model accounts from being in your room, but if those models happen to have premium accounts (many models do) they will still be able to get into your room from those premium accounts.

Just to add one other minor point to what Shelly wrote. Models can also be in your room without having a premium account. Just open a new tab and go to mfc without logging in. They can be in any room as a guest and see your shows and who's tipping. Then on another tab be signed in with their model account to PM people who tip. You'll never be able to stop a model from viewing your show if they want to be there. There's just no way around that.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies, my issue is more one out of spite than anything else. i have a real life friend who won't let me into her cam room because she doesnt want me to see what she does in her shows to earn tokens, yet has admitted that she regularly goes into my chat room. She sees who is in there and then later on tells me that they've been in her room and tipped her instead of me or whatever and frankly i could do without the low-key competition its creating. I CANT view her room so i'd rather she cant view mine. Seems petty and catty i know, but it also just makes me feel like its a bit sneaky.

This person really doesn't seem like much of a friend.

Hey guys, so I was camming today and got bored during a slow time. I went into a different models room bc she was SUPER HOT and doing an awesome show. I hadn't had time to tip yet but got banned. I didn't type and certainly would NEVER poach or PM someone else's room/members. Do you think she thought I was PM others to watch my show? Since Im such a newbie im not sure, but I was not trying to be disrespectful at all or steal from another model. In fact her show is the polar opposite of mine, I'm all BDSM and hers was super vanilla but again totally hot.

Hey guys, so I was camming today and got bored during a slow time. I went into a different models room bc she was SUPER HOT and doing an awesome show. I hadn't had time to tip yet but got banned. I didn't type and certainly would NEVER poach or PM someone else's room/members. Do you think she thought I was PM others to watch my show? Since Im such a newbie im not sure, but I was not trying to be disrespectful at all or steal from another model. In fact her show is the polar opposite of mine, I'm all BDSM and hers was super vanilla but again totally hot.
Were you in her room on your model account? You can't tip from a model account (if you're on MFC). I personally find it really, really rude to go into another models room on your model account while you're live on cam (unless you're doing a room raid or something) -- it's naturally distracting for members and just comes across like you're trying to poach, even if you aren't. Perving should be done from a non-obvious member account imo.

@GenXoxo Thanks for the info! My bad!!! I always try to be super respectful to other models but clearly it wasn't viewed that way. You can tip from your model account on CB and I was planning on doing that. But I appreciate the insight! If that model is on here I sincerely apologize if you thought it was distracting or unprofessional. TOTALLY NOT MY INTENT!

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Doesn't sound like she's you're friend at all. Sounds like she's being petty, && a bitch.

My friend and i also sell different products, although, i'm not allowed to see hers yet she can see mine...

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The best way to save your energy is to click the little button that blocks models from your room.

I'm sure many members are not swayed by poaching, but some are, and when MFC offers a simple way to deter it, it makes sense to use it.

OP, the vast majority of models on here block models from their room, despite the fact that we are all obviously (by virtue of being on ACF) happy to socialize with other girls. I would recommend following their lead.
Even if they aren't swayed they are distracted, and having an entire room being constantly distracted by poaching models is not exactly how many of us would like to spend our evenings on cam I'm sure.

I was wondering about that the other day when a follower PMed me in another guy's room we both happened to be in.
I thought 'premium' only meant you can PM a model like a mod can, but apparently it means you have the power to spam PMs to entire audiences in other people's rooms.
I wonder if there's enough of a payoff to doing that for studios to register an account just for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.