AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cool things I have done in times of boredom

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2011
United States
I sometimes search out photos to mess around in paint with. I recently did one of our very own Jessi. I private messaged her to make sure that it would be okay to post it. I am trying to learn hands on how to make really cool graphics in paint. So here goes...

Attachments

• jessid2MFC.jpg
    jessid2MFC.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 432
  • about me.jpg
    about me.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Twitter.jpg
    Twitter.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 410
These are really cute :3

I think your strength in these are your hand-drawn designs like the stars and flowers. If you do not mind some constructive criticism, I do have a few comments!

Microsoft Paint is not, and was never intended to be, photo editing software. It actually seems like you have done a surprisingly good job cutting out those photos, but that is definitely not the strength of MS Paint. There are a ton of free, and quite good, programs out there for photo editing such as GIMP (hell, even Adobe Photoshop is free if you look in the right places).

You should avoid using cursive, handwriting-inspired or loopy script fonts as much as possible. Especially when small they can be hard to read and are usually just tiring on the eyes. Many of the people I know have a hard time reading cursive and some schools don't even teach it anymore. I would reserve those fonts for headers or special texts and use easier to read fonts for the body.

Reactions: AshleyMarks
Evvie said:

I think your strength in these are your hand-drawn designs like the stars and flowers. If you do not mind some constructive criticism, I do have a few comments!

Microsoft Paint is not, and was never intended to be, photo editing software. It actually seems like you have done a surprisingly good job cutting out those photos, but that is definitely not the strength of MS Paint. There are a ton of free, and quite good, programs out there for photo editing such as GIMP (hell, even Adobe Photoshop is free if you look in the right places).

You should avoid using cursive, handwriting-inspired or loopy script fonts as much as possible. Especially when small they can be hard to read and are usually just tiring on the eyes. Many of the people I know have a hard time reading cursive and some schools don't even teach it anymore. I would reserve those fonts for headers or special texts and use easier to read fonts for the body.
Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism.
Where would be a good place to find GIMP? I have Googled it. I have PS, but I have difficulty learning how to use it. I want to make more graphics because Iwant to spiffy my profile, and also, it's fun to mess around with photos and see what I can do with them.

MercyRain said:
Evvie said:

Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism.
Where would be a good place to find GIMP? I have Googled it. I have PS, but I have difficulty learning how to use it. I want to make more graphics because Iwant to spiffy my profile, and also, it's fun to mess around with photos and see what I can do with them.
I found GIMP. I just need to get it downloaded and try it out.

I have been photoshopping since I was 9, I am an AV nerd >_<

I would love to talk to you about design and stuff if you want.

Since you felt the need to ask initially, it means others might feel the need but be too embarassed to ask. Therefore, I post the link for any girl that needs it.

GIMP Main Page

GIMP Dowloads Page

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I have been doing a lot of messing around with profile graphics lately and I have been using photoscape. I am getting better at it. Much better than the initial pics that I did. I just wanted to share my personal improvements.

Attachments

• whatioffer.jpg
    whatioffer.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 215
  • bubbarose banner.jpg
    bubbarose banner.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Specialty shows.jpg
    Specialty shows.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 215
  • vday.jpg
    vday.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: SophiaLocke
They look really good! :)

Why are your token amounts for private/group different? I thought they were priced at a flat unchangeable rate?

LoxyJane said:
They look really good! :)

Why are your token amounts for private/group different? I thought they were priced at a flat unchangeable rate?
Thank you!
Mine are different because on Chaturbate, you can change your rates.

Digging it up again. Sorry guys!
The images may be too big. I apologize for that.
I just added more cool graphics to my ever-growing graphics design portfolio.
LlqWjvW.jpg

uEXWJPr.jpg

wHZDJ8m.jpg

aVFB5hE.jpg

orEgaUz.jpg

zippypinhead said:
Man, you have made some serious progress in your design skills over the last year.
Thank you.
I have been practicing and making graphics for others as well. It's easy to do if you have the
creativity and eye for colors. I try to see it like someone else would.
IE:
Does it hurt my eyes?
Is it legible? Meaning, is the font easily readable without squinting or having to re-scan?
Is it eye-catching?
Is it simple, yet semi-professional?
Does the graphic get straight to the point? Is it concise, but interesting enough to keep reading?
Does the picture fit the text? If not, should I add a semi-translucent box to it to make it mesh better?

Thanks to Evvie, I now have much better graphic skills and can decipher what is good and what is not.
I took her advice from a year ago and ran with it.

Hugs Evvie.
:romance-romance:

Status
Not open for further replies.