AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Debate thread - Organic Vs. Non-Organic crops

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you who buy organics had a genuine (blind / unbiased) taste test?

The sort where you're offered an "organic" and non "organic" product... and asked which is better.
But they are both "organic". Or both non "organic". Or the "organic" one is mislabelled as non "organic" and vice versa.

What I mean is - not where you're told one is one isn't but have to pick which is which... because you actually really taste and judge on your experience.

I mean whereby the labelling of the product impacts upon your perceived enjoyment of the product... hence mislabelling but letting you know the label.

The results of these tests are really shocking/amusing, depending upon how you look at things :D

Zoomer said:
Any of you who buy organics had a genuine (blind / unbiased) taste test?
I don't use the "taste" argument as a reason for organic vs. non-organic.

The produce I buy at our farmers market is actually ripe. Will-bruise-if-not-handled-carefully ripe. A lot of the produce I see in stores (even organic produce at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, etc.) is picked before it is ripe to allow it to better withstand shipment to the stores. I think those extra few days in the field to ripen naturally make produce taste so much better.

But, no, I don't think I'd say "organic" necessarily makes it taste better. I've had field-ripened non-organic stuff taste far better than organics that were picked too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.