AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red7227 said:
Oh dear

The end of Doctor Who for me. Yet another Scotish cunt, who this time apparently, gets to say cunt and fuck a lot.

at this moment I'm unable to tell if you're serious or not
you're going to stop watching one of the greatest sci fi series of all time due to a fan made video? REALLY?
when have you ever heard The Doctor spew cuss words like that on the show? I'll tell you when, never.
even in Torchwood Children of Earth (that's what it was called right) as Forbisher (sp?) the more adult orientated spin off of Doctor Who you didn't hear that sort of language.
geesh.

Reactions: CharmingLucy
Crumb said:
Red7227 said:
Oh dear

The end of Doctor Who for me. Yet another Scotish cunt, who this time apparently, gets to say cunt and fuck a lot.

you're going to stop watching one of the greatest sci fi series of all time due to a fan made video? REALLY?
when have you ever heard The Doctor spew cuss words like that on the show? I'll tell you when, never.
even in Torchwood Children of Earth (that's what it was called right) as Forbisher (sp?) the more adult orientated spin off of Doctor Who you didn't hear that sort of language.
geesh.

Do try and get some perspective, its not a bad show, but it is not the greatest sy fy ever made. And my only comment was if it includes that amount of swearing I won't be watching it. If is a faked up fan made show, silly me for paying any attention to the internet. Either way is is still just another Scottish cunt rather than than a woman or Jamaican or just about anybody else.

Wow, so tons of stuff going on in the world of Doctor Who and this thread has kinda died!

Firstly, for classic series fans, 9 classic episodes from the 60's have been returned!

I'm 39, and these episodes have been lost for over 40 years so I nefver saw them. So it was amazing to see 9 'new' episodes of classic Doctor Who! I love the classic and new series of Doctor Who, but I have to say, this has made the anniversary year for me. 9 recovered episodes is more missing episodes turning up in one find than in the last 20 years combined! And with it looking like more to come, I'm a happy Whovien!

And then we are now on countdown to the Day of the Doctor.

After the last few months seeming a bit flat on the new series the teaser, and trailer has me excited again! (Yes I have my tickets booked for the 3D screening at the local cinema.)

So anyone else getting excited about all this? The trailer shows very little but looks epic, but at the same time the best bits in it are the Doctor interacting with himself. I was a bit over Billie Piper, but even seeing Rose again is fun as it has been enough time between appearances for it to be a little nostalgic.

So anyone doing anything special? Anyone dressing up? Any models having a Dr Who themed room on the 23th/24th?

I remember the building anticipation of the 5 Doctors episode 30 years ago, and if nothing else its been nice to recapture some of those feelings again this time round.

The BBC has posted The Night of the Doctor, a prequel to the 50th anniversary episode (The Day of the Doctor) which explains exactly who John Hurt's character is. Fans of one particular past Doctor will be very excited.

SO?! What did you guys think of the 50th Anniversary Special?

I've had some conflicting feelings but I would say overall that I really enjoyed it quite a lot!! Seeing the interactions between the Doctors was marvelous to me. I've often flip-flopped between loving 10 and 11 more and I thought that maybe seeing them together would decide it for me once and for all, but all it did was made me love them both even more/

I'm interested in what everyone thought of it! Tell meeee!

I'm logging on in a minute and plan to talk about it a bunch over the next four hours, so if I'm silent in the conversation here it's only because I'm carrying it on elsewhere on the internet. ^.^

it wasn't bad, i'll give it that
i'll have to watch it again (my tv was being a dick so I downloaded it), but it really didn't have any sort of wow factor that i was expecting for the hype.

I was happy to see Tom Baker at the end, that was nice.
Rose wasn't really Rose, even tho I like other companions more.
nice to see them talking about the smooching that's been going on lol
and I liked seeing the Zygons again

I thought it was AMAZING! I loved every minute of it. Seeing 10 and 11 interact (or should I say 11 and 12?) It was a twisted up tale of AWESOMENESS! I did miss having Rose be Rose instead of Bad Wolf, but it made for an easy transition to get her in the episode. Can't wait to see where the series goes from here!

I loved. LOVED. the special yesterday. But I still can't wrap my head around what Doctor we are actually on. And what confused me even more was towards the end of the special, when all 13 were mentioned. So I know that before the Valeyard was introduced. Eccleston was the 9th, Tennant is the 10th, and Smith is the 11th. John Hurt is just playing the valeyard/ the forgotten doctor?

So is the next regeneration is going to be the 12th or the 13th doctor?

Edit: I just answered my own question after posting this. We will be on the 13th.

Here are my thoughts after watching it twice. Just a string of rambling with LOTS OF SPOILERS!

I thought it was good, but with a lot structurally wrong with it. There were a lot of amazing scenes, lots of them that I loved to bits. But strung together I had some problems with the story.

I really think it would have been better if all the stuff with families on Gallifrey was gone from the start of the movie and replaced with something that showed us why the Doctor thought the Timelords had become as evil as the Daleks. I would have had the Time Lords using the Magnatron (a little nod to Trail of a Timelord) to throw entire civilized planets at the Dalek fleet. (The Nestene and Zygon home worlds would have worked as they have both been mentioned in the series as planets destroyed in the time war) Using them as shields and failing, only when the Doctor saw this level of destruction have him decide to use the moment. It would have shown exactly why the Timelords were so hated in Night of the Doctor as well.

Then as the story unfolds the Zygon subplot has more relevance - I mean it just was forgotten about in the end - and show why the Doctor would have some sympathy for the Zygons.

Then at the end having the moment / Bad Wolf Rose, and Clara making the Doctor think about the other side of the timewar, the civilians, children and families on Gallifrey, that he didn't have the luxury to think about the first time he used the moment. And that would be a better, more emotional trigger to have him change his plans.

There was lots to love though. Original title sequence, Susan's School, Ian Chesterton on the school sign, great start.

Loved the UNIT call sign for the TARDIS is Blueheeler - very clever nod to the 70s call signs being dog related, and the Doctor being a healer.

The timewar itself and fall of Gallifrey looked stunning, loved the reference to Omega. Lots of fun stuff for fans actually! (Was the picnic scene filmed at the same location as the Eye if Orion in the 5 Doctors? It looked the same!

The Zygon stuff was fun, and I loved to see them. I would have loved this to be one of the 10th Doctor Special we never saw rather than in the 50th though. Replace 'Planet of the Dead' (sorry) and give me this as a special instead!

Love love love David Tennant. Back at top form.

All the scenes with multiple Doctors interacting were amazing.

Love at the start of the episode the Doctor gets the note from the queen appointing him the curator of the gallery, and at the end we see the curator! Its such a quick thing at the start that it had me wondering what they were trying to do with Tom Baker, but it was obviously meant to do that. So you argue about who he is, and watch it again and find he did retire and become curator as Matt's Doctor mused! And it was lovely to see Tom. There were a few emotional moments for me, but the biggest was hearing his unmistakable voice off screen.

Billy Piper was great, and not as Rose, that actually impressed me as I was over Rose, so this was a perfect way for her to come back.

Loved the end, great way to involve all the Doctors! So happy Capaldi was in it! No one was forgotten. Go complaints about forgetting the past.

I love they show that the war Doctor was regenerating in to Chis Eccleston, but wish the scene went for 2 seconds more!

After setting up Kate Stewart as not a dick and more scientist in previous episodes, was surprised that she was going to nuke London! I do realise they were drawing parallels with the Doctors decision, but that jarred. I mean, only this and the Christmas special produced this year, I thought the script would be bang on!

I thought it was an above average story, but not the best of the best or new Who. Oh, and it lost points right away for something I hate. They didn't resolve the cliff hanger of the last story! Clara was ripped apart and scattered like confetti through the Doctors time line to save him, she sacrificed herself a thousand times over, to do this. The Doctor also jumps in, (it was suppose to be impossible) and finds her, and finds the hidden Doctor... and now Clara works at a school? I was thinking that because there were so many elements from the Doctors past, it was going to be revealed they were still in it - and him calling her was the gateway out. Nup - the last story is forgotten! Come on, at least give us a 'and I turned a leaver and it totally fixed the busted wall from the Titanic' magic explanation! I waited months to find out how they were going to resolve that!

I loved An Adventure in Space and Time, in some ways this was a more fitting anniversary event - but maybe thats because I am to old! lol

My favorite thing about the day though was the special 30 minute video Peter Davison made, The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot - What a load of good sports!

Find this and watch it!

When Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen turned up in it I couldn't' believe it! I mean it really shows how loved the show is. David Tennant and his wife were hilarious, and it was really nice to see Georgina Moffat/Tennant as I really haven't heard much from her since she played Jenny in the Doctors Daughter. John Barrowman and family, DVDs and show-tunes was hilarious to. So many nice little things in this special.

So they are my random musings about the day. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Some random thoughts

a) What happened with the Zygons? I assume some deal was reached, and I have to assume it went better than the negotiations with the Silurians, but … who knows?

b) How the hell did they get to Gallifrey in order to bust out of that painting? That place is time-locked. OK, so the Moment's Bad Wolf interface can probably do stuff to make it happen, but then why were they act so surprised to be able to break through the time-lock in order to show up on the desert planet where the War Doctor was preparing to use the Moment? I suppose they must have inserted themselves directly into the existing painting, using the device the Zygons had, rather than traveling to Gallifrey and being captured in the “painting” when it was first made.

c) Hurt's reaction to his future selves was great. The line about kissing and the response … LOL.

d) I absolutely loved the way they used Billie Piper. Actually having Rose turn up would be weird. And having Ten see her would be problematic as well. But having the Moment adopt her as its user interface was great. Plus one can imagine that Bad Wolf Rose would have tried to fix things as well, so it makes sense that she may have reached back in time to twist the Moment to act the way it did.

e) The opening was fun. Cop walking past Foreman's scrap yard, Clara teaching at Barbara's school (with Ian Chesterson as the head of governors and Headmaster Coburn, a reference to the writer of “An Unearthly Child”), the motorcycle ride into the TARDIS. I thought the helicopter thing was silly though.

f) No, 11 can never just walk past a fez.

g) Eccleston's absence is glaring and painful. Couldn't he have bothered to show up for ten minutes to film the regeneration sequence? Geez. Still, even having it cut short like that was better than McCoy in a Colin Baker wig.

h) Capaldi's appearance was cheesy but that kind of thing is fine in an anniversary episode.

i) same with the lineup of doctors at the end

j) TOM BAKER! ok so I'd seen the Huffington Post thing where he said he was in it, so I was expecting him, but I was expecting it to be something like the part where all the Doctors save Gallifrey … not as the museum curator! It was a great part though, requiring no silly “time differential” stuff (see “Time Crash”) to explain away aging. But of course it brings up lots of fun questions of its own. There has been some speculation that the Doctor's face is always that of someone he has met, e.g., 12th Doctor using the face of Caecilius in Pompeii, the 6th Doctor using the face of a Gallifreyan guard … we know Romana deliberately chose the face of a princess she had just met. But what if he is the Doctor, somehow? hmm.

k) I like the “go find Gallifrey” thing. Hopefully that takes all of Series 8 to resolve. If the Doctor just finds it in his coat pocket in the Christmas special I will be unhappy.

I need to rewatch it. I'll probably have another dozen things to comment on.

Always_Tim said:
b) How the hell did they get to Gallifrey in order to bust out of that painting? That place is time-locked. OK, so the Moment's Bad Wolf interface can probably do stuff to make it happen, but then why were they act so surprised to be able to break through the time-lock in order to show up on the desert planet where the War Doctor was preparing to use the Moment? I suppose they must have inserted themselves directly into the existing painting, using the device the Zygons had, rather than traveling to Gallifrey and being captured in the “painting” when it was first made.

They didn't go to Gallifrey, they were put in the painting of it. Much the same way we saw the Zygons being put in the painting the Doctor's had the prism that put them in the painting of Gallifrey. Once in the painting they were in a little frozen part for the time war, a 3D representation of it.

It did make me think, how does one get out? Do you wait till the right time? Were the Zygons conscious for hundreds of years waiting? If you can just 'pop out' any time was their Gallifrey stuff that could come out? Or was everything in the painting just painting, unless put in specially? And if that's true - how did the Dalek come out?

Eden01 said:
They didn't go to Gallifrey, they were put in the painting of it. Much the same way we saw the Zygons being put in the painting the Doctor's had the prism that put them in the painting of Gallifrey. Once in the painting they were in a little frozen part for the time war, a 3D representation of it.

Yeah, that's what I eventually figured out. But the whole thing still leaves a lot of questions…

It did make me think, how does one get out? Do you wait till the right time? Were the Zygons conscious for hundreds of years waiting? If you can just 'pop out' any time was their Gallifrey stuff that could come out? Or was everything in the painting just painting, unless put in specially? And if that's true - how did the Dalek come out?

like those. :)

just watched the christmas special. I liked it except the part where he regenerates.
I really liked Matt Smith and this 40 year old man, is getting a bit wispy about seeing him leave.
hoping beyond hope that Clara stays at least another season or two, that'd be great.

i'm holding off judgement on the new one but i'm sure under Steven Moffat it'll turn out great.

Crumb said:
just watched the christmas special. I liked it except the part where he regenerates.
I really liked Matt Smith and this 40 year old man, is getting a bit wispy about seeing him leave.
hoping beyond hope that Clara stays at least another season or two, that'd be great.

i'm holding off judgement on the new one but i'm sure under Steven Moffat it'll turn out great.

I am happy she will at least be in the first episode. Still I miss Donna Noble so much, and am a little mad they never even let her make guest appearances.

waogo said:
http://io9.com/the-first-full-trailer-for-doctor-who-season-8-plunges-1604371098

Such a cool trailer, now with embedded goodness to put even further strain on people trying to wait.

Crumb said:
Red7227 said:
Oh dear

geesh.

The quotes from this fan made video are actually from another of his shows, called The Thick of It. Safely, can assure you there won't be any swearing as The Doctor.

waogo said:
I feel like I should know the woman from the end of the new episode. But I just can't place her.

Promotional materials released by the BBC before the episode aired listed her as the "gatekeeper to the nethersphere" but the credits at the end of the actual episode list her as name as Missy. On BBC America's after show special Alton Brown mentioned that we've seen someone named "Missy" before: one of the minor characters in the most recent Cyberman episode, "Nightmare in Silver" (the one with Warwick Davis and written by Neil Gaiman). Unless I'm remembering wrong, she was captured by the Cybermen in that episode and we didn't see her again afterwards.

The BBC has already said that the Cybermen will be in the last two episodes of Series 8 and that the actress who plays Missy is in them too, so this is a possible connection.

And Mark Gatiss, who almost certainly knows major plot points, was also on the after show and hinted that Alton Brown might be on to something.

But this whole Cyberman connection could also be a red herring. Moffat likes to do that.

Other possibilities:
  • female regeneration of the Master? (Missy->Mistress->Master?) Or a new appearance for the Rani, for that matter. Her garden with the fountain in the middle could be a really cool TARDIS interior. Moffat has said he doesn't want to revisit the Master, but Moffat does seem to enjoy lying about that sort of thing.
  • River Song? River Song's consciousness is stuck in that computer in the middle of the library planet where she died. Maybe "heaven" is the simulated world in there and she's taken on a new appearance? (Seems unlikely to me.)
  • another version of Clara, who for some reason looks different and is Scottish? ok this one is really unlikely, LOL.
  • part of the Doctor's personality, like the Dream Lord in "Amy's Choice" (fits the "I might keep it" lines about the Doctor's new accent)
  • part of the TARDIS's consciousness? Fits with the "boyfriend" stuff.
  • a new manifestation of the Great Intelligence
  • Or someone entirely new. Very, very possible.

It seems very likely that she's the one who placed the "Impossible Girl" ad (and gave Clara the Doctor's phone number in "The Bells of Saint John") but it's not clear why any of these people would have done that.

RadioTimes has published an interesting list of possibilities. (With some overlap with my list.)

waogo said:
I feel like I should know the woman from the end of the new episode. But I just can't place her.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327056/

her name is Michelle Gomez
She was in Bad Education with Jack Whitehall (I couldn't place her till i looked at her filmography)
she's been in a bunch of other stuff too.

I thought last nights episode starte off really weird and disjointed but the new doctor was all disjointed so maybe it was so we felt how he did? if that makes sense.
It started to pick up when the doctor did, around the restaurant. So many refrences to the past i loved it.
Also the bit where Clara literally had to hold her breath had me almost in tears.

As for Missy there's been a lot of speculation that she's a female version of The Master as in Missy short for Mistress but I don't know if they'd make it that obvious.

YOU GUYS!!!!!!

I thought the garden that Missy was in looked familiar, and that I'd seen it in Doctor Who before. And guess what? I'm RIGHT! It's the EXACT SAME GARDEN that is in the quarantine facility in Season 6, Episode 10 - The Girl Who Waited.

Yes, there's a few more plants/slightly different landscaping, but here's a side-by-side comparison that shows exactly how similar they are (keep in mind, this could just be a matter of them being too lazy to build a new set or reusing a location, but it's Moffat... I doubt it):

vkOatbx.png
GFQLFxq.png

GemmaMoore said:
YOU GUYS!!!!!!

I thought the garden that Missy was in looked familiar, and that I'd seen it in Doctor Who before. And guess what? I'm RIGHT! It's the EXACT SAME GARDEN that is in the quarantine facility in Season 6, Episode 10 - The Girl Who Waited.

Yes, there's a few more plants/slightly different landscaping, but here's a side-by-side comparison that shows exactly how similar they are (keep in mind, this could just be a matter of them being too lazy to build a new set or reusing a location, but it's Moffat... I doubt it):

vkOatbx.png
GFQLFxq.png

I thought I was going crazy, I thought that I had seen it before too but couldn't place it. You are AMAZING Gemma! I wonder what it means! :think:

GemmaMoore said:
YOU GUYS!!!!!!

vkOatbx.png
GFQLFxq.png

Whoa...I am going to think on this!!!

So, I was able to go to the screening in the theater last night, and it translated marvelously to that venue. I hope that they release the little exclusive short that played before the main episode. I thought that it was going to show how they got into their predicament with the T-Rex, but it didn't. Instead, it was a hilarious explanation of regeneration by Strax, with appearances of Madame Vastra & Jenny. The whole theater was bursting with laughter, it really was good.

I have to say that watching the ending with a live audience was amazing. When the phone rang and a certain voice was heard the portion of the audience that hadn't seen the episode audibly gasped. There were TONS of sniffles, it was pretty amazing.

GemmaMoore said:
YOU GUYS!!!!!!

vkOatbx.png
GFQLFxq.png
hmmmm, in the "heaven" shot it's so vibrant and well kept, but by the time Amy was there it was all dead. I wonder if that will be a factor?

GemmaMoore said:
YOU GUYS!!!!!!

This is Dyffryn Gardens, which has been used in a large number of episodes. Besides "The Girl Who Waited" and "Deep Breath" it was also used in "The Forest of the Dead" (the 2nd part of the two-parter that started with "Silence in the Library), which could point towards River Song.

Of course it was also used in "The Girl in the Fireplace" (where it stood in for Versailles) as well as in the Sarah Jane Adventures, for "The Eternity Trap" … and in the Torchwood episode "Something Borrowed"

Nearly any location used in Doctor Who that (a) is reasonably close to Cardiff, (b) is easy to work with (no legal/logistical issues come up), and (c) looks good on screen ends up being used again and again and again. So reading too much into the choice of a shooting location is tricky.

The doctorwholocations.net website is great for looking these things up. Here's the page on Dyffryn Gardens.

Edit: Here's a pregnant Gwen Cooper and other members of the Torchwood team next to the fountain. :)

And a shot from the Sarah Jane Adventures:

Attachments

• dyffryngardens-fountain-south-10.jpeg
    dyffryngardens-fountain-south-10.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 45
  • dyffryngardens-fountain-114236.jpeg
    dyffryngardens-fountain-114236.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.