AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dressing up the webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
I had a discussion about this a few days ago and wanted to hear more models thoughts. I talked to two models about this, one of them has her webcam in a stuffed animal because it helps her visualize the cam as something to talk two while the other just pretends the cam isn't there and focus on the screen. To the member both these models come off the same able to look directly at the cam while performing.

My question is how do model deal with the camera? Do you imagine it as looking a person in the eye or you put it out your head and only adjust it when a member mentions framing issues? Do you dress it up to normalize it in some what to help with conversation?

I just keep the cam directly above my stream and look at myself on screen.
I talk to myself all the time but I never talk to stuffed animals...

I do the same as Jolene. The stuffed animal idea is a creative one though. During paid chats when members want me to stare deep into the cam...it gets visually dull. Not sure if I could manage it with a stuffed animal, but a cute idea nonetheless.

When I read 'dressing up the webcam' I totally pictured a webcam on a tripod all decked out for xmas for some reason.
Hahah, anyways. I don't usually look at it too much. I used to get stressed out when I first started not knowing where to look so now I just look at my own little preview screen to make sure I look alright and keep the webcam close by so I'm looking in it's general direction. Sometimes I look at it directly, but usually I just pretend it's not really there I guess.

I have mine attached to a telescopic arm thingie that's mounted to a thingie that sits on a rolling cart, so I can move it around. It's hard to really look right into the cam's eyes unless I stand up and stare into it, but I like having it somewhat mobile.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I feel like putting the cam in a cute stuffed animal would be a terrible idea for me! Most of the stuff I say on cam would make me want to cover the stuffed animal's ears, and I'd worry about slipping into cute baby animal talk for a second. Looking at a stuffed puppy while telling a guy how I want him to go down on me would be particularly cringe-worthy, considering how often guys make horrifying dog/peanut butter type requests.

At this point, I don't really need to disguise the camera in order to make good eye contact. I try to have all my screens positioned such that the text is as close to the cam as I can get it, and my own feed sits directly below the cam. That way the stuff I need to look at most frequently doesn't take my eyes too far from the cam. I try to just peek at the incoming text quickly, and then when I reply, look straight into the camera like I'm trying to see your soul.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Yes! I absolutely agree ginger. I dont want to tell cute stuffed animals that they have an amazing cock haha.

A little off topic here but am i the only one that hates the fact so many toys have cute animal names and resemble things such as rabbits/dolphins etc.

I don't want these things anywhere near my pussy. I want to cuddle dolphins and rabbits not fuck them!

Yes! I absolutely agree ginger. I dont want to tell cute stuffed animals that they have an amazing cock haha.

A little off topic here but am i the only one that hates the fact so many toys have cute animal names and resemble things such as rabbits/dolphins etc.

I don't want these things anywhere near my pussy. I want to cuddle dolphins and rabbits not fuck them!

The rabbit got it's name from the jackrabbit which has this odd trait that once they start having sex the male will not stop rapidly fucking till it passes out, has a heart attack or straight dies.

Not sure why the dolphin got it's name. There's a rumor they try to hump humans but I don't know if that's true or not. Or the toy is simply shaped like a dolphin.

Reactions: Jadexxx
The rabbit got it's name from the jackrabbit which has this odd trait that once they start having sex the male will not stop rapidly fucking till it passes out, has a heart attack or straight dies.

Not sure why the dolphin got it's name. There's a rumor they try to hump humans but I don't know if that's true or not. Or the toy is simply shaped like a dolphin.

My understanding is that they started out in Japan, where there was a law that they couldn't sell sex toys that looked like genitals, so they made them look like animals instead.

Rabbit vibes frequently have two pieces resembling rabbit ears, and all too frequently are intentionally made to look like a rabbit, with a freaking face on the handle and everything.

My understanding is that they started out in Japan, where there was a law that they couldn't sell sex toys that looked like genitals, so they made them look like animals instead.

A brief history of the rabbit
Vibratex becomes the first to bring dual-action vibrators (with internal and external components) to the U.S, says the company's owner, Shay Martin. Because the toys were made in Japan, where manufacturers weren't actually allowed to make vibrators, the devices were shaped to look like animals and came in bright colors as to trick the ol' no-sex-toys-allowed rule enforcers.

Vibratex had been working on a new vibrator that featured revolutionary rotating pearls in the shaft for added stimulation. They settled on a rabbit as the animal for toy, since the rabbit is a lucky charm in Japan, and in honor of Martin, who was born in the year of the rabbit on the Chinese calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.